- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
SUMMER SPECIAL- $5k PRICE REDUCTION !!
"AWARD- WINNING", CLASSIC 1957 CHRIS CRAFT
24 FT SEDAN FLY-BRIDGE ON TRAILER
RESTORED AND DIESEL RE-POWERED
SPLINTERS is a fine example of the very rare classic 1957 Chris Craft 24 foot Sedan Fly-Bridge cruiser. She is hull number 396 of the 418 models that were built in Chris Craft's Chattanooga plant in the 50s. She completed a successful summer cruising of both the Canadian North Channel and the Thousand Islands area of the St. Lawrence River in NY. This classic is a real head turner in any marina, and in September received the Captains' Choice Award for "Best Cruiser" at the 23rd Annual ACBS Wooden Boat Show at Smith Mountain Lake, VA! Her original 95 HP gasoline engine had been removed by her previous owner and was replaced with a NEW 25 HP economical diesel engine (only 95 HRS currently.) She now cruises easily at trawler speeds, and consumes less than 1/2 gal per hour !
With her beautiful, solid Philippine mahogany construction, fresh paint job, and varnished brightwork, SPLINTERS never fails to be the "Talk of the Dock" or the "Queen" of any anchorage she enters. Her original double planked mahogany bottom is watertight and was re-caulked, faired, sanded, and painted in June 2013 before she embarked on her 5,000 mi overland journey. With her enclosed head, galley, long transom boarding ladder, and bunks for four, she even doubled as a comfortable RV camper at roadside campgrounds enroute!
To complement her classic lines, SPLINTERS has been upgraded with the latest in electronics and mechanicals including NEW LOWRANCE GPS Color Chartplotter/3D Fishfinder; NEW ENGINE, SHAFT, & PROP; NEW BATTERIES; NEW CUSTOM UPHOLSTERY, CUSHIONS & CURTAINS; NEW CANVAS BIMINI & CAMPER ENCLOSURE, FIVE(5) NEW 10-PLY RADIAL TIRES, and MUCH MORE (see full specs.)
With her NEW (2005) custom tandem axle trailer w/ both surge brakes and guides, she is simple to both trail and launch. Her wooden construction and light weight (only 4200 lbs.) means you can trail her with most SUVs. Why spend weeks by boat getting to those distant areas you've always wanted to explore? Now they are all accessible within days instead of weeks.
JUST REDUCED FOR SPRING SALE- She won't last long on the market, so don't get left on the dock. Call today to see this classic beauty...just come prepared to fall in love!
- Twin Convertible Berths with Storage Below Forward Hanging Locker & Storage Shelves (4) Enclosed Head w/ Sink Basin & Portable Toilet Galley w/ Icebox, 2-Burner Butane Stove, S/S Sink, Fresh Water Foot Pump, Dinnerware Rack , and Storage Lockers New (2013) Suede Custom Upholstery w/ Burgundy Piping New (2013) Custom Curtains on All Windows Four(4) Opening Sliding Side Windows w/ Metal Screens Four(4) Forward Opening Windshield Ports Two (2) Helm Seats with Cushions & Storage Below Stern Seat with Custom Cushions & Storage Below
- Electronics & Electrical
- NEW (2013) LOWRANCE GPS Color Chartplotter/3D Fishfinder-Sounder w/ Pre-Loaded USA Canada Charts NEW (2013) Group 27 Deep Cycle House Battery NEW (2013) Group 24 Starting Battery NEW (2013) 12VDC Panel w/ Circuit Breakers NEW (2013) Stern Light, 12V Fans(3), and Steaming Light Three(3) NEW (2013) 12VDC Cigarette Lighter Outlets
- Hull, Deck Hardware, and Trailer
- 20lb Danforth Anchor w/ 25' Galvanized Chain & 150' 5/8" Nylon Rode S//S Anchor Chocks and Deck Hawse Pipe Bottom Sealed, Sanded, Faired, and Painted with Two(2) Coats of Ablative Antifouling Paint (Sep 2013) Removable S/S Folding Boarding Ladder w/ Stern Mounts Custom Tandem Axle Trailer (NEW 2005) painted and bearings repacked (July 2013) Five (5) NEW Radial 10-Ply HD Trailer Tires (Sep 2013) NEW (2013) Trailer Guides, Bunks, & Rollers
- Engine & Mechanical
- NEW VETUS 25 HP Diesel Engine (Only 75 HRS!) NEW S/S Propeller Shaft NEW Flexible Coupling NEW Cutlass Bearing NEW Bronze 3 Blade Propeller NEW 20 Gallon Polypropylene Fuel Tank NEW 12VDC Fuel/Primer Pump w/ Helm Switch NEW Fuel LInes and Fuel Guage at Helm
- Additional Equipment
- NEW Bimini Top w/ Eisenglass Opening Over Windshield NEW Camper Enclosure w/ Eisenglass Window Aft New Bimini Cover Coast Guard Safety Package w/ Four(4) Lifejackets, & Flare Kit Fenders & Docklines Varnished Teak Flagstaff w/ Ensign Chris Craft Burgee Removable Salon/Cockpit Table Boat Hook Miscellaneous Spare Parts
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.