- 38 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
"RECALIBRATE" is a very well equipped Caliber 38, well suited for bluewater sailing and island cruising. Her moderate draft (5') is perfect for the Bahamas. All systems are well maintained and No detail has been overlooked to make her safe and comfortable for extended periods living on board.
Intelligently designed to be beautiful, quick, comfortable & seaworthy. An excellent performer for coastal cruising, and seaworthiness for ocean crossings. This solidly-constructed cruiser is a true joy to sail. The Performance Cruising Keel with skeg-hung rudder design offers speed while providing directional stability enabling her to keep a course without constant attention at the helm. Remarkable maneuverability is another advantage of the design. Her high ballast-to-displacement ratio causes her to be stable, and safe, in rough water. Come take a look at this ready to go cruising boat.
- Builder/Designer Builder: Caliber Designer: Michael McCreary Dimensions LOA: 41 LWL: 32' Beam: 12'8 Displacement: 21,500 Draft: 5' Bridge Clearance: 56'6" Ballast: 9,500 Engines Engine(s): Yanmar Engine(s) HP: 44 Cruising Speed: 6 k Max Speed: 7 k Tankage Fuel: 46 g. (Alum.) Water: 156 g. (2 Alum. tanks)
- The Caliber 38 offers one of the most popular layouts ever used in a cruising boat. The forward head in the bow features a stall shower, vanity and marine head with macerator. The Captain's stateroom has a pullman bunk with a New Memory foam matress, sit down vanity and a double cedar locker. A large hatch and opening ports provide excellent ventilation. The main salon is quite unique with a bulkhead mounted table, book shelf and wine rack. The L-shape port settee converts to a generous double bunk. There is a single settee to starboard. Storage and ventilation are abundant throughout. The cushion (form & fabric) are recent. To starboard is the second head with vanity, shower and electric marine head. Aft of the head is the guest cabin with a double bunk and cedar hanging locker. Double door access to the head provides complete privacy. The galley is to port and is L-shaped. It features a double stainless steel sink with hot/cold pressure water, a fresh water filtering pump, a 2-burner propane stove with oven and a large ice box with a recent 12V refrigeration system and microwave. There is ample drawer, locker, and shelf storage. Aft of the galley is the chart table with electrical and instrument panels.
- Any cook would appreciate this large and efficient L-shaped galley. It has ample storage for food and utensils, and more than enough counter space to prepare multi-course meals. 2013 Adlerbarbor 12v refrigeration 11 cu. ft. Well-insulated icebox 2-burner LPG stove and oven with safety shut-off Deep sink New faucet Pressurized hot/cold fresh water (with spray unit) 11 gal. Water heater (115V & heat exchanger) Corion countertops Bin storage cabinet above counter (5) Teak-face drawers Canned good storage under sole Hide-away trash bin
- Additional Information
- On board. In terms of accommodations, no boat of comparable size comes close to the Caliber 38. Her sleeping quarters are true staterooms, expansive and private. Instead of a cramped V-berth, there's a full forward cabin with ample storage and a generous Pullman offset berth. Forward, there is a separate shower compartment with a plexiglass door,. The aft stateroom has it's own head & shower. The Caliber 38's clever and uncompromising design is further evident in the main salon. Well-illuminated and richly furnished in teak, this area takes full advantage of 6' 5" headroom and a wide beam. Two settees offer ample seating and one converts to a double berth. 7 opening hatches and 14 opening ports make ventilation a breeze. The galley is well set-up for the chef and the nav-station is very secure for offshore chart plotting. RECALIBRATE , presented here, is an excellent example of a true blue water cruiser. She is well equipped and ready to go
- On Deck
- New Canvas New Halyards New Cockpit doors and hatch boards all teak was refinished this spring Bottom painted Dec 2012 Winches just serviced 45 Plow anchor w/chain and rode Electric windlass Docklines Fenders Double lifelines SS Dinghy Davits All USCG safety gear
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- If you are looking for a true cruising boat " Caliber" got it right with the 38. Easy to handle, lots of storage, Great living space at anchor or under way and a boat that sails very well. I personally own a Caliber 38 1989 hull #10 and have sold many of them. Give me a call: Donny Helbich 252-259-7759