- 37 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 6BTA 5.9 M3
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
Utilized as a dive boat platform involving research for years this open express style commercial vessel is a no frills work horse. She is powered with a pair of 2001 Cummins 6BTA 5.9 M3 Turbo Diesel with only 1265 total hours. A new aluminum 400 gallon fuel tank was installed in April 2013 and has newer saddle tanks with a capacity of 75 gallons each for a total fuel capacity of 550 gallons. Like just about any commercial vessel there are always maintenance items that are due. The situation here is that no further maintenance is authorized so she is being sold as is which has been factored into the asking price.
This wide beam 37 foot work platform is fitted with a Marlin Tower with controls. Her hard top over the helm protects you from the elements and covers the entry into the cabin area. There is a v-berth cabin forward and set of benches capable of becoming a dinette with the addition of a table and a convertible style berth when the table is lowered into place. There is presently no marine toilet or refrigeration in the cabin.
- A fairly spacious cabin is made up of two compartments. the main compartment aft is set up with a pair of facing benches which could have a hi-lo table installed to convert it from a dinette to an additional berth using the back support cushions as fillers. There is an area along the aft bulkhead which may have at one time been a galley and could be easily transformed back to one. Some storage areas and shelves are currently present. An additional bench runs fore and aft along the port side. Forward through the doorway is a small private v-berth area with some minimal shelving and storage. This area is divided from the main cabin by a canvas drop curtain. There is no head facility onboard at this time.
- It should be noted that currently none of these electronics are operational. The equipment includes: • Furuno 36NM Radar Model 1930 • Furuno FCV-667 Color Video Sounder • Garmin 2006 GPS • Simrad AP11 Autopilot • Lowrance X515 C High Resolution Sounder • SEA 222 SSB Radio • Ritchie Compass
- Deck and Hull
- A large open cockpit with multiple deck hatches. There are currently SCUBA tank racks lining both port and starboard as well as the transom. A three sided pilothouse style with a canvas drop curtain which can be used during inclement weather or at the dock. There is a Marlin style tower with a buggy top and full controls and repeater engine instrumentation. Fresh water wash-down system along the port side of the cockpit. An extra set of Michigan bronze props are onboard. They are four blade 24 X 22 with 11/2" shafts and a 21 Pitch. There is an anchor and chain locker at the bow along with a 2007 Zodiac 8 PAX Canister Style Survival Raft which is currently due for certification.
- Refit with a pair of new Cummins 6BTA 5.9 M3 Turbo Diesels in 2001 she presently has 1265 total hours of use. She will cruise at 15 knots and top out at around 20 knots. It is a straight shaft installation with access to the engine mid ship beneath a large removable deck hatch. Some routine maintenance is currently needed and the vessel is being sold as is.
- Although well used over the years this commercial platform still has plenty of life left in her. The main engines need to be gone through at this point. They do run but are in need of some service prior to any adventurous deployment. The electronics are not operational at this time and some may very well be fine after cleaning up contacts and the like. A couple pieces are pretty out of date and would most likely not be worth repairing. Far from perfect but then again the price is reflective of this.
- Streaming Video Link
- Exterior Presentation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVEQmvVkDcc
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Interested parties can click on this link www.affiniti-yacht.com 37’ Stapleton Open Express 1979 and proceed to the "Affiniti Listings" tab to view this fine vessels videos and additional photographs. Depending on your Internet connection the load time will vary. Contact Central Agent Craig R. Travis @ 561-212-6154 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your personal inspections or with any questions that you might have. Discover the Affiniti Advantage!