Classic Fleming 55 with Caterpillar engines, twin Northern Lights generators, Naiad stabilizers, bow thruster and non-skid foredeck and Portuguese bridge. Solid fiberglass hull construction in conjunction with it low profile classic design makes this one of the finest cruising yachts in her class.
- WHY PURCHASE A FLEMING YACHT THROUGH BURR YACHT SALES?
- Unprecedented Product Knowledge: Our knowledge of these boats is priceless, we make this information available to help our customers, another reason to deal directly with Burr Yacht Sales Chances are the boats we offer were originally outfitted, serviced and sold by Burr Yacht Sales; we know that boat inside and out. Burr Yacht Sales has been selling high quality new & previously owned boats for over 50 years. Unique Delivery Process Comprehensive boat handling lessons Unlimited on-board training and actual cruising time to help ensure you are confident with the boat and have the knowledge to enjoy your new Fleming. Access to our wealth of knowledge: We are always a phone call away, no matter the significance of the question. Commitment to Service & Support Burr Yacht Sales emphasis has always been to service and support the customers that have chosen to support us. Always doing whatever it takes to handle the unexpected emergency. Non-commissioned salesperson basis, you purchase the boat from the team and not one person. For over 50 years, Burr Yacht Sales has been exceeding customer expectations by blending high quality yachts, hands on training, and outstanding service. Utilizing a close knit, non-commissioned staff, we provide the consumer with a unique boat buying experience that last far beyond taking delivery.
- Entering the saloon from the aft deck through the double doors you are immediately impressed by the spaciousness and ambiance. The attention to detail and exquisite handmade teak paneled cabinets gives rise to feelings of warmth and relaxation. The 16’ beam provides space enough for dining and lounging areas and great care has been taken to balance scale with function. The open floor plan of the saloon encompasses the galley and dining area which can comfortably seat six. Along the port side of the saloon is an L-Shaped settee anchored by a storage cabinet aft. The starboard side includes an entertainment center hidden behind a teak cabinet followed by a credenzas with ample storage. 20” LG with HD Converter Box KVH M3 TracVision Sony DVD Player Omni Directional Local TV Antenna Cable TV Hookup Weighted Hi-Lo Coffee/Dining Table (2) Swiveling Raton Chairs Audio Receiver with Speakers and Volume Control in Saloon, Master Stateroom, Pilothouse, Flybridge & Cockpit 12-Disc CD Changer
- The spacious U-shaped galley has Corian counter tops and is equipped with double bowl sinks, waste disposal, microwave, ceramic three burner cook top with custom potholders, and a full-size refrigerator with ice and water dispenser. A storage compartment just forward of the cook top accommodates a full range of saucepans. A lock-er and small pantry on the starboard side provides additional storage and a convenient serving counter for morning coffee. GE 1,100w Microwave Frigidaire Dishwasher Kenyon 220V (3) Burner Cook Top Jenn Aire Full-Size Side-by-Side Refrigerator with Dispenser & Teak Door Panel Corian Counter Tops In-sinkerator Waste Disposal Grohe Mixer Faucets Braun Trash Compactor
- The accommodations layout features a central passage which has proved to be so desirable over many years in the Fleming 55. This layout contributes to an easy and convenient flow of traffic through the boat as well as making it possible to appreciate the full length of the boat from forepeak bulkhead to transom. The arrangement provides bunks to starboard, a VIP guest cabin to port and an en-suite master stateroom forward. The accommodations are dressed with teak and Formica and offers great comfort and convenience without any steep stairs to negotiate. Centrally located in the passage, behind a sliding teak door is the full-sized ASKO 220v washer & separate dryer. The master stateroom includes a queen island berth with two skylights. Ample storage is accomplished via a large cavity underneath the bed that is accessed through gas assist struts. Additional storage is found via his and hers hanging lockers, drawers, & book shelves. A flat screen TV is also located to star-board. Both master and guest heads are exceptionally spacious with generous shower enclosures. Each head contains Headhunter electric flush toilets, Hansgrohe thermostatic controlled fixtures and Corian counter-tops. The port stateroom has twin berths with a shelf to outboard. Storage is provided through a large hanging locker and drawers underneath the berths as well as built-in shelving along the aft wall. The starboard stateroom features bunks with a slide out upper berth. Hanging locker, drawers and bookshelves provide ample storage for gear.
- In many modern designs it has become fashionable to eliminate the inside steering station, but the Fleming 55 features a pilothouse which closely resembles the bridge of a much larger vessel. Fleming created a dedicated place from which the boat is piloted and controlled without any distractions from other on-board activities. The pilothouse is still only three steps from the saloon and galley and four interior steps safely lead to the upper fly-bridge station. Specially designed removable consoles provide ample room for a full range of modern electronic equipment without intruding on the full range of engine instrumentation. Overhead consoles provide additional space. There is also a proper chart area with drawers and a chart light. Both AC and DC electrical panels swing out to provide easy access to wiring connections and the inside of the flybridge console is accessed through a swing-out book-case. The watch-keeper has their own helm seat and an adjacent, raised L-shaped settee and table provide a comfortable social area with excellent visibility through the side and forward windows. Visibility forward and to port and starboard is excellent, and the two sliding doors open to the wide side decks. The traditional teak and holly sole is standard. There are large drawers and working space for charts, cruising books, and navigation instruments, binoculars and everything else a captain needs to chart and follow a safe course. A large stainless steel teak-trimmed destroyer wheel fits the ambiance of this ultimate cruising yacht. Furuno FR7112 Radar with 4’ Antenna HP Computer with Navigation Soft-ware Northstar 941XD GPS Northstar 6000i Chartplotter Furuno FCV-582 Sounder Robertson AP 300x Autopilot ICOM M602 VHF ICOM M126 VHF Naiad Stabilizer Control Wesmar Bow Thruster Control 15” Insignia LCD TV Sony Closed Circuit TV Remote Inverter Display Flo-Scan Fuel Meters with Totalizers Ritchie Compass Glendinning Synchronizer Bennett Trim Tab Control & Indicator ACR Searchlight Control
- The flybridge is easily accessed primarily from the pilothouse or by ladder from the cockpit. The two-seater upper helm is located to port and provides excellent visibility particularly in close quarters and bustling har-bors. The electronics console houses an array of engine instrumentation & navigation hardware with easy access via a hinged bookcase behind the settee in the pilothouse. The starboard side of the flybridge features a U-shaped settee with a large fixed table while the port side consists of an additional seating area and access to the dumbwaiter. Northstar 6000i Chartplotter Furuno Sounder Repeater Robertson Autopilot Remote Bow Thruster Control Engine Start/Stop Engine Control Gauges Ritchie Compass Trim Control ICOM M302 VHF Wesmar Bow Thruster Control Fireboy Engine Shutdown System ACR Searchlight Control Glendinning Synchronizer Child Gate Aft of Settee Bose Speakers
- DECK & CONSTRUCTION DETAILS:
- In common with all Flemings, the hull is hand laid solid fiberglass reinforced with a grid of stringers and frames. Vinylester resin is used below the waterline with further protection provided by epoxy barrier coats. A reasonable five foot draft allows for Bahamas cruising while ensuring that the running gear is protected by a full-length keel which is foam filled and glassed across the top to isolate it from the hull. Special attention has been paid to the ease and safety in which the heavy duty ground tackle is set and retrieved. The anchor platform accepts two anchors, each of which can be controlled by a handheld unit at the platform or by windlass controls at the flybridge station. On deck she has the familiar walk-around decks we are used to seeing on all the Flemings and the high bulwarks and Portuguese Bridge provide security for both children and pets. Docking controls are located star-board of the saloon doors while additional storage is found behind the stairs to port. Four gasketed and lockable hatches provide access to the engine room and spacious lazarette. Hand Laid Solid Fiberglass Hull Vinylester Resin Below Waterline Integrally Molded Guard with S/S Rub Rail Simulated Planking Grooves in Hull Fiberglass Swim Platform Stainless Steel Swim Ladder Varnished Teak Cap Rails, Cover Boards, & Bow Rails Bow Pulpit with Lofrans Windlass Primary Anchor: 80lb Stainless Delta Style with 300’ Chain Rode Forward Shore Connect Non-Skid Foredecks & Portuguese Bridge Teak Flybridge Deck Flybridge Safety Gate Bimini Top with Forward Enclosure Panels Cockpit Control Station: Engine Controls, Bow Thruster Cockpit Freshwater Wash Down Shower Foredeck Fresh & Raw Water Hose Bibs Custom 800lb Low Profile Davit Tender: 12’ Nautica RIB with 40HP Yamaha 4-Stroke; Power & Trim
- MECHANICAL SYSTEMS:
- The engine room is accessed from a hatch aft of the saloon doors through the outside leading down to the well laid out engine room. Systems and engineering are a notable feature of all Fleming Yachts whose philosophy has always been to choose only the best equipment available for the job and make sure that it is readily accessible for maintenance. To achieve the extremely low sound and vibration that Flemings are known for, Aquadrive systems transfer the thrust directly to the hull and isolate the engine by using soft engine mounts. The lazarette houses the water tanks, steering gear and air conditioning compressors while also leaving ample room for storing cruising gear such as spare anchors, rode, lines, fenders, and parts. Having the A/C compressors located here instead of in a hot engine room improves performance and efficiency and minimizes noise. Additionally, all battery isolation switches are accessible from outside the engine-room. T-Caterpillar 3208TA, Turbocharged & After-cooled, 435hp (~3,600 hrs) Primary Generator: Northern Lights 13 Kw (~3,214 hrs) Secondary Generator: Northern Lights 8 Kw (~1,548 hrs) Wesmar 10hp Electric Bow Thruster Naiad Hydraulic Stabilizers 220V AC Electrical Service 12V DC Electrical Service 1.5 Kw Trace Inverters Newmar 35A Charger Manual/Automatic Clean Agent Fire System (4) Fiberglass Fuel Tanks (~1,000 Gal) (4) Polypropylene Water Tanks (~300 Gal) (1) Fiberglass Black Water Tank (100 Gal) Electric Oil Change Hynautic Hydraulic Steering Reverse Cycle Air Con with 4 Zones & SMX Controls Air Seps on Main Engines
- CRUISING EQUIPMENT:
- Life Jackets Switlik Six Man Life Raft Dock Lines Fenders & Fender Lines Shore cords (50A, 125/220V) Flare Kit 406 EPIRB with GPS & Auto Deploy
- Flybridge Console Flybridge Helm Seat Flybridge Cushions w/ Sunning Bed Black Texalene Windshield Cover Tender Cover
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Click Here for more Fleming Information Visit Our In-Water Showroom Click For More Previously Owned Flemings