- 25 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- V8-C (380PSHP) DP FWC
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
A new player has emerged in the top-end range with the Chris-Craft Launch 25. it’s sure to impress every time it hits the water, writes Dean Sampson
From bow to stern, the new Chris-Craft is a real eye-catcher that oozes sheer style, performance and quality, and a quirky dash switch.
Underway, the 25-footer moves comfortably on Sydney Harbour on a slight to moderate swell and as the throttle eases up to a cruising speed of 56kmh, the boat rose smooth and gracefully onto the plane with no effort.
Pushing the throttle forward this boat really starts to make a statement as you are pushed back in the seat and taken for an exhilarating ride.
Top speed was 95.4kmh as the tacho hit 4710rpm, and at no time did this vessel feel out of control. Even as it was thrown into tight turns, it still handled like a true high-performance boat.
Despite offering style and grace, the Chris-Craft Launch 25 is also ideal as a recreational (ski/wakeboard) vessel and a feature on the stern is a hidden pop-up skipole.
MILD TO WILD
On the dash, among the vast array of switches, is a quirky, selectable exhaust switch that changes this boat from mild to wild.
Any rev-head worth his salt knows it's not enough just to look good, it has to sound good and when you flick this switch the boat transforms right before your ears.
So what does it do? It changes the direction of exhaust gases through the leg which is submerged under the water to outlets just above the waterline on either side of the boat. It delivers an intoxicating throaty sound that makes a rev-head's hair stand up on the back of their neck.
Once I discovered this switch it did not return it to its original position for the remainder of the test. This vessel is really what cruising in style is all about, I could not fault this vessel no matter what I threw at it. In my opinion, one of the best boats I have tested in this category.
Equipped with an 8.1gi (375hp) Volvo Penta inboard that has enough horses to move this top-end launch around in comfort and style.
Under idle you'll find yourself checking if the whisper-quiet engine is actually running, however when you flick the exhaust-resonator switch the pitch from the engine is pure music to the ears and is a feature.
At 2500rpm you are travelling at 30.7kts which is the optimum cruising speed while at 4710rpm top speed of 51.5kts is achieved, impressive for this size and style of craft.
Cruising range is an impressive 458km on 321lt of fuel.
The finish of this Chris-Craft is at the top-end of the market. With stainless steel fixtures, highly-finished fibreglass and timber in-laid decks, this boat is setting the bar high among its competition.
I rate this boat as one of the best American imports on the market. It is a top-end boat aimed to please both the cruising and sports-minded enthusiast. A stand-out feature is the full fibreglass structural liner, foam-filled for floatation and sound-deadening for a safe and comfortable ride.
- Standard Equipment
- Hull Stripe Color - Black Base & Bottom Color - Ivory Cream Top Option - Bimini - Black Cockpit Vinyl - Ivory Cream Cockpit Vinyl Insert - Ivory Cream Teak Caulk Color - Black Heritage Trim Teak Package (Black) Electrical System 110V Panel, Inst-Analog Forward Bow Seating w/Under Seat and Helm Storage Hidden Bimini Top Storage Under the Engine Hatch Fire Suppression System - Automatic and Manual Insulated Cooler-In-Floor Storage Prop - Stainless Steel Rear Bench Seat w/Storage 5 Year Transferable Hull Structural Warranty Bimini Top w/Stainless Steel Bows and Color Fast Acrylic Fabric Integral Swim Platform w/Hidden 3 Step Stainless Steel Swim Ladder Diamond Pattern Non-Skid on Front Deck, Cockpit Sole Engine Hatch Sunpad, Removable Center Section for Teak Walkover Depth Finder - In Dash LCD Custom Chris-Craft Branded Gage Package Hardware - Stainless Steel Cockpit LED Lights Chris-Craft Custom US Flag Kit w/Stainless Steel Magnetic Pole Exhaust, Underwater Bucket Seats w/Integrated Stainless Steel Handrails Horn-Electric, Stainless Steel Trumpet Engine Room Storage Bin (2) Steering Tilt, Power Assisted, Custom Mahogany Stereo-Rockford Fosgate, AM/FM Stereo CD w/Speakers (4) & Amp Sub Woofer, Tweeters and In-Dash Remote Control Teak Maintenance Kit Coaming Storage w/Beverage Holders Windshield, Curved Tempered Glass w/Walk Thru SS Frame
- Factory Installed Options
- Metallic Painted Hull - Cashmere Battery Charger 110V Carpet - Woven Seagrass Dockside Pump Out Dual Battery Tray & Switch Refrigerator - SS Drawer Windless with SS Anchor and Approx. 100' Line
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Galati Yacht Sales Business Office offers Financing through numerous Marine Lending Sources, Extended Service Protection Plans, Insurance Quotes and Vessel Registration or Titling. We understand that purchasing a boat is a big decision so we’re rolling out the red carpet for you by taking care of all your needs from beginning to closing, saving you time and money. To visit our Business Office, Click Here Galati Yacht Sales voted #1 North American Dealer twice by Boating Industry magazine! Our mission remains "To consistently exceed the expectations of our customers." Always open at galatiyachts.com, Click Here All photos are manufacturer photos and reflect available optional equipment. IN MICHIGAN: Holland, MI at 616.738.3108