This Northcoast Barracuda is an excellent example of a quality northwest long-range yacht. Her current owner improved a great yacht even more. In 2006 the yacht was gone through completely with a major refit and remodel. To make the yacht very user friendly, the cockpit was extended, and very careful consideration was given to weight, balance, and simplification all systems. The fuel capacity was increased to 2000 gallons, giving the yacht over 1,000 miles of cruising range. This is a must see vessel for any true yachtsman!
- Total Power: 880 Cruising Speed: 11 Max Speed: 20
- Fuel: 2000 gal Fresh Water: 200 gal
- The 78' Northcoast features a three stateroom, three head layout. Entering from the cockpit, you find a spacious salon with L-shaped seating to starboard and a Wyland coffee table. To port are cabinets with a new hydraulic flat screen television, followed by a chair and fully equipped wet bar. Forward to starboard is the galley with all the amenities of home. Up a few steps to port takes you to the enclosed pilothouse with a granite-top dinette, helm chair, and full array of navigational instruments. The master stateroom features a queen berth and ensuite head with shower. The VIP stateroom is forward with a walk around berth, ensuite head with tub/shower.
- Side-by-side stainless steel refrigerator Under-counter w/ refrigerated drawers Oven Microwave Toaster
- Electrical System
- The electrical system was completely modified during the refit and most major components were replaced at that time. Dual 33kW Northern Lights gensets 12/24 volt DC electrical systems 120/240 volt AC electrical system 12 volt battery charger 24 volt battery charger
- Electronics and Navigational Equipment
- The pilothouse helm is laid out for comfort and convenience during long range cruising. The settee area just aft of the helm allows comfortable socializing while under way. Robertson auto pilot Furuno depth sounder Furuno NavNet Epirb Handheld GPS Pilothouse helm chair Chart table Closed-circuit camera system Compass Detroit DDEC systems
- Engine / Mechanical Equipment
- The owner was very particular about ease of access to all systems. A pump room was put in to create even more simplicity in maintaining and servicing the yacht. Bow & Stern Thrusters Naiad stabilizers (2) SS hot water heaters Salt water washdowns fore and aft Fresh water washdowns fore and aft Double Racor fuel filter system Tank tender system Block heaters Washer/dryer Fireboy system Emergency bilge pumps
- Deck and Hull
- (3) Steering Stations (2) A/C chillers (4) Arch Lights Transom underwater lights Prop 4500 low-profile davit 14' Capri skiff with 40hp Honda outboard New BBQ with sink (4) Rod holders New swimstep shower New swim ladder Search light
- Fishing Gear not included.
- The refit was done in San Diego California by a professional yacht refitting company. Details of the systems replaced and modifications are available upon request.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Robert Davis, Offshore West, Inc. (954)922-2662 or cell (954)629-6651