- 38 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
Built by Dynatech Manufacturing this particular vessel was the result of the combination of ideas by Peter Stolper and Bill Knowles (who refitted the boat in 2003). Through late 2012 & 2013 there was a mini-refit done which refreshed this custom express fisherman to her previous status. During the recent works it was painted by Merritt Boat & Engine Works, additionally all her varnish was stripped and properly built back to custom boat standards. The tackle center boxes were removed and refabricated into aft facing trolling seats. Her Cummins C-series diesels had a total & thorough update and servicing which included new injectors, turbos, exhaust elbows, mufflers, and aftercooler update. Engine compartment details were improved as well as new batteries and heavy wiring. This is a partial summary of the updates and a personal inspection of the boat will show more. The result is a functional dayfisherman with attractive dock appeal and good sea handling ability. This vessel is well worth a look past it's model year.
- General Arrangement & Accomodations
- This 38' Stolper has a center island helm console on the bridge deck with a pop-up electronics pod just forward of the classic custom boat varnished helm pod with chrome helm wheel, single-lever engine controls, and glass covered gauge panel. To either side of the helm console are bench seats with new Sunbrella fabric covered cushions. The helm deck itself has a simulated teak decking material named Plasteak and is recently new. There is a hardtop with an overhead electronics box, U-shaped grab-rail, lighting and teaser reels. Three sided enclosure is neatly fastened track-to-track with 3 U-zip opening panels and an opening ventilation panel forward on top. The helm deck also has a varnished teak cap rail. A Bluewater Chairs teak ladder-back helm seat with padded arms and 4" chrome stanchion. To either side of the helm seat there are customized boxes with aft facing benches & backrests with matching cushions. The bases of these boxes are insulated and either side is large enough for 50 bottled waters with ice. Forward of the helm console is a hatch which gives dropdown access to the engine compartment. Just forward is the sliding smoked plexiglass cabin door centerline. There are three teak stairs down into the cabin area which has a galley section immediately to the starboard side and a door to the head to port. The cabin sole is classic teak & holly and the forward section is a U-shaped seating area with table which can be lowered down to make a convertible berth with a filler cushion. Overhead is an opening deck hatch giving natural lighting and ventilation. There is Cruisair reverse-cycle A/C (2003) with digital SMX II control panel. To the starboard side is a cedarwood lined hanging locker and two drawers below. There is an electric head and the compartment has a separate shower area aft. In the head the vanity top is the matching green like the galley, there are opening mirrored cabinets and vanity lighting. The galley area has a green composite countertop with molded spill rail edge. A top opening two part door has an refrigerated box beneath. An under-mount stainless steel sink and a 2-burner electric cooktop are next forward on the counter. White fiberglass cabinets are above and one contains a stainless steel microwave oven.
- Furuno NavNet VX2, GPS/Chartplotter/Depthsouder/Radar (64-mile) 10.4" display Northstar 6100 GPS/Chartplotter Robertson AP20 autopilot ICOM M502 Vhf radio ACR remote-control spot light (inop) Ritchie 6" magnetic compass Tower has 7.4" Furuno NavNet VX2 display with all functions
- Fishing Equipment
- High Seas Marine Fabrication tower (new 2003) Rupp double-spreader outriggers ('03) with collapsible back bars Center rigger Underdeck fish box Electric CommandX teaser reels Transom door and opening gate 5 rod holders in cockpit coverboards 1 rod holder on each tower leg and 4 across aft of hardtop Cockpit coaming pads Gaff storage under gunwale Three underdeck removable boxes, can be used for fishboxes or storage
- Electrical System
- Paneltronics main electrical panel with digital voltage and amperage readouts 12v DC and 120v AC Phasor 6.5Kw generator (2003) 30amp shore cord Charles Industries 30amp 12V battery charger New Odyssey batteries and custom battery boxes New battery cabling and radial cutoff switches GFI 110v outlets Florescent 110v and 12v engine room lighting
- Hull and Deck Equipment
- Tower station has Kobelt single lever controls, helm wheel, Flo-scan tach as well as a seat with backrest mounted onto the buggy-top (FBG) supports Cockpit spreader lights Teak cover boards Fresh & Saltwater washdown spigots Dual trumpet horn mounted under tower control box Fiberglass cockpit step box Foredeck anchor locker with Fortress anchor, chain lead, & nylon rode Varnished teak toe rails & helm deck cap railing LED running lights Underwater lights Storage beneath bridge-deck side benches
- Mechanical and Ship systems
- Fireboy engine room automatic fire suppression system Hynautic steering system Dripless shaft logs Headhunter Sting Ray saltwater 110v washdown pump Headhunter holding tank and all new head hoses New Raritan fresh water toilet New ShurFlo Freshwater pressure water pump with stainless accumulator tank oil change pump Fuel fills and vents are inside cockpit step High capacity automatic bilge pumps and high water alarms, grey water sump Cummins C-series motors have approximately 2500 hours. In 2013 they have had a thorough service that included new turbos & injectors, plus a new exhaust system. Engine room was updated substantially. New Walker AirSep intake air filter system ZF Transmissions, 1 3/4" shafts Racor primary fuel filter for generator Lenco Trim Tabs
- Here's a good-looking express sportfish that's just completed a notable upgrade period and comes to market due to owner's desire for a larger boat.
- Disclaimer and Exclusions
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Exclusions: The Fighting chair and stanchion, Tools, Fishing tackle, Handheld electronics & Personal effects.