- 50 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 454XL 320-hp
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
(CURRENT OWNERSHIP DATES BACK TO 1978) FRESHWATER / GREAT LAKES BOAT SINCE NEW AND ALWAYS BOATHOUSE KEPT THIS 1960 CHRIS CRAFT 50 CONSTELLATION IS BAR NONE ONE OF THE NICEST IN EXISTENCE -- PLEASE SEE FULL SPECS FOR COMPLETE LISTING DETAILS.
2011 MARINE SURVEY ON FILE AND AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW UPON REQUEST; ***SELLER WILL CONSIDER SMALL PARTIAL TRADES + CASH.
Freshwater / Great Lakes Boat this vessel features Twin Crusader 454XL 320-hp Gas Engine's with only 883-hours (Note: Engine's New in 1997 w/New Borg Warner Transmissions). Notable features include but are not limited to the following: Air-Conditioning & Heat (3-Marine Air Units), (2) Heads (Electric Flush) w/Vanity/Sink/Shower (Note Stall-Shower Aft), Onan 10.0kw Generator, Complete Raytheon Electronics Package (VHF Marine Radio, Tri-Data w/Depth/Speed//Water-Temp, GPS, Radar, Autopilot), Extended Hardtop w/Full EZ2CY Surround / Enclosure w/Sliding Tracks, VC-17 Bottom Paint, and MUCH more!
Broker Notes: This vessel was manufactured in Algonac Michigan, purchased new in 1960 and delivered in Detroit by The Gregory Boat Company. The first owner was an automotive dealer in the Detroit area and moored the vessel in St. Clair Shores.
The second owner purchased the vessel in 1965. He was a business man in the flower bulb business from Mt. Clemens, MI area who used the boat to vacation with his family in northern Lake Huron, Lake Superior and on Lake St. Clair. The boat was named Tamba. The vessel proved to be very convenient while anchoring off shore for long periods of time with its 32 volt systems, large water and holding tanks, and 10 kilowatt generator. When not in use, the vessel was summer and winter stored in a covered boat well on the Clinton River in Harrison Township, MI. In 1970, the original 430 Lincoln motors were replaced with 427 Ford motors. These motors provided more horse power than the original motors with replacement parts more readily available. The vessel was sold in 1978 to its current owner’s family.
The third owner of the vessel was a businessman in the steel fabrication business from the Mt. Clemens, MI area who renamed the boat Arrivederci. In 1978 the hard top of the vessel was extended. This greatly increased the usability of the boat. The vessel was used for vacationing in Lakes Huron, St. Clair, and Erie. The vessel was occasionally used as a press boat for the Port Huron to Mackinaw sailboat race and various other events. When not in use, the vessel was summer stored in a covered boat well on the Clinton River in Harrison Township, MI, and winter stored out of the water in the same boat well.
In 1993 the vessel ownership was transferred to the third owner’s son, a USCG Master Captain 100 Ton and Licensed Professional Engineer, who continues to operate the boat today.In 1995 the navigation electronics were updated to the most up to date equipment at the time, including GPS, Loran, Chart Plotter, Auto Pilot and Radar all linked together via SeaTalk. In 1997 the motors were changed to the current set of 454 Crusaders with Borg Warner transmissions. In 1999 the aft deck enclosure was changed to an EZ2CY system in sliding tracks as well as the bottom being sanded smooth and the application of VC-17 paint for improved fuel economy. Throughout the years numerous upgrades and maintenance projects including, painting, chrome, bright work, accessories and interior decoration have been completed whenever needed. In 2009 the propellers were replaced.
In 1999 with the new enclosure, chromed rail stations, and fresh paint on the hull the vessel was judged and awarded “Best in its Class” award at the Blue Water International Boat Festival. In 2000 the vessel was awarded the “Popular Choice” award at the Wallaceburg Antique Motor and Boat Outing. The boat is still summer and winter stored in the same Clinton River Boat House as it has been since 1978, keeping it in its pristine condition.
The current owner has used the vessel for vacationing and entertaining with his family and friends in Lakes Huron, St. Clair, and Erie and often for charitable boat outings and in parades.
Throughout this vessel’s history, it has been enjoyed by hundreds of passengers, whether it was for an afternoon, or on a week’s voyage. Today the vessel’s uniqueness and condition turns heads wherever she is.
It is important to note that this vessel has never left the fresh water of the Great Lakes and is in the condition that is today due to the its continued care and maintenance and indoor storage. The vessel is not a restoration project; rather it has always been cared for in a meticulous manner.
- Forward Stateroom w/Privacy Door, Bunk-Bed's w/Decorative Spreads, Hanging Storage Locker, Forward Bulk Head Access Locker, Overhead Deck Hatch Forward Head (Electric Flush) w/Vanity/Sink (Note Stainless Steel Sink w/Nickel Finish Faucet, Upgraded Designer Light Fixture) Dinette (Facing) Forward to Starboard (Converts to Berth) Large Salon with Sofa Aft to Starboard, Console Forward to Starboard (Note Console Converts to Office / Workspace; Please reference photos), Black Leather Barrel Chair Forward to Port, Upgraded Window Treatments w/Valance Guest Cabin Aft w/Privacy Door, Bunk Beds, Hanging Storage Locker, Drawer Storage Aft / Master Stateroom w/Privacy Door, Aft Bulk-Head Mirror, Center-line Chest of Drawers, Port / Starboard Full-Size Berths, Hanging Storage Locker, Beautiful Headliner (Refer to photos), Overhead Deck / Escape Hatch Aft Head (Electric Flush) w/Vanity/Sink/Stall-Shower (2) Marine Air-Conditioning & Heat Units
- Stainless Steel Double Sink w/Designer Faucet; Note Garbage Disposal! Pressure Water System Hot Water Heater (20-Gallon) Refrigerator w/Freezer (Replaced in 2002) 3-Burner Electric Stove Oven Microwave Oven
- Electronics upgrade in 1995 to full Raytheon Package: Raytheon 202 VHF Radio & Hailer AutoHelm Tridata Depth Sounder w/Speed/Water-Temp Raytheon 398 GPS & Loran Raytheon 650 Autopilot Raytheon 600 Chart Plotter Raytheon R40 Radar VDO Engine Synchronizer Original Equipment Includes: Danforth Compass Speedometer with Sum-Log (2) RPM Gauges (updated to electronic with engine replacement) (2) Amp Gauges (3) Oil Pressure Gauges (3) Engine Temperature Gauges Search Light Air Horn Electric Horn Bell
- 110 Volt System: Onan 4-Cylinder 10.0kw Generator Main 60-AMP AC Panel with 28 circuit breakers (2) Volt Gauges (2) Amp Gauges (4) 30-AMP Shore Power Receptacles 12 Volt System: (2) 12-Volt Circuit Panels at Helm (1) 12-Volt Circuit Panel in Engine Compartment (1) 12-Volt Fuse Panel in Engine Compartment (3) 12-Volt Batteries w/Crossover Switches (1) 110 Volt 15 Amp Boat Guard Battery Charger (1) 110 Volt 15-3 Flyback Battery Charger
- (1) Forward Deck Hatch w/Screen Aft Deck w/Custom Wet Bar Behind Helm Seat (Please refer to photos) Aft Deck Hardtop Extended w/Full EZ2CY Enclosure w/Tracks & Port/Starboard Wing Doors Full Beam Teak Swim Platform w/Boarding Ladder Windshield w/Opening Center Panel (Manual) (3) Windshield Wipers
- Additional Information
- MAINTENANCE / REFIT; 1995 THROUGH 2010 Fore Deck • (2009) Windshield wipers were replaced • (2008) Sand and Sikkens Teak Deck • (2008) Strip and Varnish Toe Rails • (2000) Replaced cushion on storage boxes • (1999) Replace Caulk in Teak Deck • (1999) Apply 7 coats of Sikkens to Teak Deck • (1997) R & R all rail posts, fittings and cleats and re-chrome • (1997) Cabin top repaired and painted Aft Deck • (2010) Strip and Varnish Toe Rails • (2009) Refinish furniture • (2006) Varnished bar and helm areas • (1998) Installed EZ2CY Enclosure on double track • (1998) Installed lower canvas curtain on stainless frame • (1998) Strip and apply 10 coats of varnish to hand rails • (1995) Replaced furniture Transom • (2008) Sand to wood and apply 8 coats of varnish • (2008) R & R Swim Platform and apply 8 coats of Sikkens • (2008) Paint swim platform brackets • (2008) Varnish & Sikkens ladder • (1996) Replaced top board on transom Above water line hull work • (2008) Paint Rub Rail • (2003) Sand hull, clean seams and paint Below water line hull work • (2010) Sand smooth and paint bottom with VC-17 Offshore • (2010) Replaced one damaged plank at stern • (2009) Replaced one bottom plank • (2006) Replaced chine boards • (1999) Sand to bare wood and paint with VC-17 Cabin • (2010) New Carpet throughout • (2009) Installed Wine Cooler and Custom Desk • (2006) Re-Upholstered swivel bucket chairs • (2005) Varnish all mahogany and cabin door • (2003) Replaced all bedspreads and linens • (2000) Painted aft staterooms • (1998) Installed window blinds and valances • (1995) Replaced all mattresses Galley • (2004) Counter tops and table were replaced • (2004) Galley sink faucet replaced • (2003) Refrigerator was replaced • (1996) Varnished mahogany Heads • (2005) Install teak & holly in aft head • (2004) Installed new counter tops • (2004) Installed new shower • (2004) Replaced faucets • (2000) Replaced showerhead • (2000) Painted & Varnished • (1997) Forward and Aft Head toilets replaced Holding Tank • (1997) Installed new stainless tank for forward head Engine Room • (2005) 110v engine room blower replaced. • (2001) Installed Halon Fire Extinguisher System • (1997) Bilge’s and Engine room was painted • (1997) Oil changer installed • (1997) Light fixtures replaced Bilges • (2009) Removed and clean bilge pump in lazarette • (2009) Install new bilge pump in engine room • (Annually) Clean all bilges and check pumps, floats and switches Engines • (2008) Sea water impellers replaced • (2006) Water hoses and clamps replaced • (2005) Transmission Oil Coolers installed • (1997) Tachometers reworked to electronic • (1997) Motors and Transmissions replaced • (1997) Installed Groco water strainers • (1997) Shift & Throttle cables replaced • (1997) Fuel strainers were installed Props, Shafts and Bearings • (2009) Props were replaced with new bronze 24X 20 • (2005) Starboard and Port shaft stuffing boxes repacked • (1997) Forward shafts replaced with stainless steel • (1999) All cutlass bearings were replaced both starboard and port Generator • (1997) Replaced 10kw Onan generator • (1997) Installed Groco water strainer • (2009) Onan generator muffler and exhaust hose replaced Battery system • (2007) All batteries were replaced • (2003) Replaced (1) 12-volt charger • (1997) Battery wiring were replaced Electronics/Helm • (2006) Raytheon 601XX Chart Plotter was installed • (2006) Raytheon Auto Pilot Course Computer replaced • (2006) Searchlight was taken apart, lubed, re-chromed and reinstalled • (2000) Replaced VHF Antenna • (1995) Raytheon 40XX Radar installed • (1995) Raytheon 600XX Chart Plotter installed • (1995) Raytheon 398 GPS/Loran installed • (1995) Raytheon 650 Auto Pilot installed • (1995) Raytheon 202 VHF with Hailer installed • (1995) Raytheon Tri-Data (Depth, Speed, Temperature) installed • (1995) Engine Synchronizer installed AC/Heating • (1999) Three new Cruisair Cooling and Heating units were installed. • 16k BTU in Salon • 10k BTU in Aft Staterooms • 7k BTU in Forward Stateroom, Installation included • Strainer installed on supply side of pump • New wiring to each unit Domestic Water System • (2009) Water pump replaced • (1999) Replaced shower pump • (1997) New 20 gallon water heater installed
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Contact listing agent Paul J. Zvonek directly at (586) 634-2300 or email pa email@example.com for additional information or to schedule a showing.