- 48 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
Archimedes is an excellent example of this amazing and versatile express cruiser built by legendary fountain powerboats. A rare combination of great looks, extraordinary performance, high build spec and luxurious accommodations make this vessel a standout among competitors. With her low hour triple 440 HP Yanmars she can approach speeds of 55+ mph yet cruise efficiently in the low 40s burning only 1 gallon or less/nm! The fountain 48 EC is in a class by itself and you owe it to yourself to come check this fine one out!. Sporting a custom awlcraft paint job and all the amenities of any express cruiser her size, Archimedes will not disappoint.
Dramatic Price Reduction-Very Motivated Seller Was 369K NOW 299K!-Best priced 2006 or newer Fountain 48 on the market!
Also-owner will deliver boat anywhere on the Eastern Seaboard if deal is closed by Oct 1st!
Archimedes is in outstanding condition cosmetically and mechanically and is truly turnkey!
Her Yanmars have very low hours and yield same great fuel economy as newer Fountains.
Call today to arrange a viewing.
- Vessel Walkthrough
- Boarding from the generous swim platform, there is a transom door to port which leads to the expansive main deck all done in non-skid. There is plenty of seating which includes a bench seat aft, and a wrap around dining area with table forward and to starboard. Forward of the aft bench seat is an electrically opening cushioned storage lazarette which also converts to a sunbed electrically. Additionally, the cockpit sole lifts electrically to access the engine room. To port is an ample wet bar with icemaker, small sink and cockpit AC temp control. Forward and to starboard is the well appointed and arranged helm with double electrically adjustable helm seat. Cockpit area is totally climate controlled. Left of the helm is the weatherproof hatch and stairway to the salon 3 steps down. Here begins the surprisingly spacious two stateroom layout with two heads. .The master stateroom is forward and is accessed through a private bulkhead with door. This stateroom features a queen size berth, cedar lined hanging locker, dresser and entertainment center. To port is a private master ensuite head with stall shower. Moving aft there is a fully equipped galley to starboard with Corian countertop, microwave, stove, sink, refrigerator and freezer. All cabinetry as well as wood accents are done in a rich cherry wood. Opposite the galley is an L-shaped settee with seating for 4 and a table(removable) for dining. The sofa is covered in a neutral ultra-leather with a cherry trimmed mirror above. Lower level sole throughout is done in teak and holly (newly refinished). Aft and to starboard there is a day/ guest-head. Aft and also to starboard is a mid-ship double berth private cabin aft for guests or family.
- Main Salon
- 19"LCD TV with surround sound and sub-woofer, stereo, DVD and CD Player Neutral leather settee Dining table (removable) Teak and Holly flooring LED overhead lighting with additional accent lighting Cherry storage cabinets Cherry trim and mirror Breaker panel access
- Microwave oven 120/12 volt upright refrigerator/freezer 2 Burner glass top electric stove Stainless steel sink w/storage cabinet below Corian galley countertop w/polished stainless sink & chrome faucet Dish & storage cabinets Overhead hatches Under counter pantry storage
- Master Stateroom & Ensuite Head
- Queen sized berth with comforter and pillows Cedar lined hanging locker 19" LCD TV with Stereo, DVD and CD Player Air conditioning Overhead lighting Cherry wood dresser Vacu-Flush Head Stall Shower Vanity with sink and mirror Vent fan 110v outlet
- Guest Stateroom
- Carpeting & vinyl headliner Double sized berth w/comforter & pillows Padded headboard w/reading lights 15" LCD TV w/DVD player Ducted air conditioning/heating Cedar lined locker Privacy curtain
- Deck / Mechanical
- Air conditioning with reverse cycle heating Digital controls and integrated vents in cabin and cockpit Automatic bilge pumps- (4) engine room and (2) forward (2) vacuflush head systems with 18 gallon waste tanks Holding tank level indicators Custom polished stainless steel anchor Windlass and anchor locker Stainless steel high performance propellers Electric side by side helm bolsters Full canvas with front and side enclosure and aft drop curtain with roll up door Cockpit air conditioning and heat Bow thruster with sidepower control at helm Dockside waste pump out fittings Transom hot and cold water shower
- Electronics & Helm
- “Archimedes” is well equipped for cruising with dual large screen Furuno displays as well as night vision supplied by the FLIR camera. A custom layout dash with full engine instrumentation, drive and trim tab indicators, throttles with drive trim switch on handle, tab and drive switches on dash, GPS speedometer, hour meters, fuel gauges (3), audible and visual engine alarm system, digital depth gauge, neutral safety lockout, systems switch panel, and windlass remote control puts everything within easy reach. (2) Furuno Navnet VX2 displays Furuno open array radar Furuno NavNet GPS/chartplotter Furuno sounder Simrad Autopilot VHF radio Fusion stereo system with built in Ipod docking station Full Livorsi gauges Compass Trim tab indicators Drive trim indicators
- 10KW diesel generator in sound shield with remote start panel 110 volt AC system 12 volt DC system 120V AC GFCI protected receptacles 50AMP shorepower system 50AMP shorepower cord (2)Battery chargers (4)Heavy duty marine batteries with custom cast hold down brackets Separate sealed group 31AGM battery with dedicated charger for bow Thruster Battery parallel system 12V DC LED lighting 110V AC lighting LED Courtesy Lighting in cockpit Bonding system with zinc Galvanic isolator anode protection Volt and AMP digital gauges Reverse polarity indicators
- Engine Details & Mechanical Equipment
- The engine room is easily accessed at a touch of a button through a hatch with an electric/hydraulic actuator.( On top of the hatch is a larger sun pad area which also raises at the touch of a button to reveal a large storage area for the cockpit table, swimming/snorkeling equipment, lines, life jackets, etc.) Coolant recovery system for engines and 10KW generator Engine room bilge water monitor Stainless steel exhaust system Quarter turn sea valves on all below waterline thru-hulls (3) Heavy duty 3/16" aluminum fuel tanks that are foamed, glassed and bolted into position with stainless steel pickups Trim tabs - heavy duty hydraulic Automatic fire extinguishing system in engine room with dash monitor and automatic engine and generator shutdown Power Assist hydraulic steering system with dual pumps Engine air vents DC battery panel with engine and generator disconnect switches Custom stainless steel high speed sea strainers 10KW Westerbeke genset (3) Yanmar 6LY2AM-STP 440hp engines (3) Arneson adjustable surface drives with stainless steel high performance propellers
- Broker's Comments
- Archimedes is in outstanding condition due to having been lovingly cared for by both the current and the previous owner. Recent care and upgrades have made her ready to go for the next lucky owner who need only turn the keys and enjoy.
- Standard Equipment List From Builder
- 120VAC GFCI protected receptacles Air conditioning w/reverse cycle heating, digital control and integrated air vents in cabin and cockpit Anchor, custom polished stainless steel with chrome windlass and storage locker Automatic fire extinguishing system in engine room with dash monitor-diesel models have automatic engine and generator shutdown Bolster, electric side by side at helm Bowrail Cabin table in cherry wood, removable Canvas, front & side enclosure and aft drop curtain with roll up door Double berth w/ comforter & pillows, cedar lined locker, ducted air conditioning/heating, carpeting and vinyl headliner, padded headboard with reading lights Exhaust fan in head (2) 12VDC LED lighting with 120VAC galley light Automatic bilge pumps-(4) engine room (1) forward Carbon monoxide detector / alarm in cabin Cleats- (2) "pop-up" stern, (4) midship, (2) forward Cockpit carpet, removable Compass, high speed flush mount with light Corian countertop with polished stainless sink and chrome faucet, dish and storage lockers, silverware storage, under counter pantry storage, microwave oven, refrigerator/freezer upright, 120/12 volt, two burner glasstop electric stove, fluorescent task lighting - 1110 VAC Forward cabin: queen mattress w/ comforter &pillows, dresser & cedar lined hanging locker w/light, mirrored headboard with reading lights, overhead hatch with screen, telephone outlet, upholstered valances with accent lighting, carpeting and vinyl headliner, padded hullsides and aft bulkheads Head, (1), enclosed high gloss fiberglass, VacuFlush marine toilet w/tank monitor, stand up shower, lighting at overhead and mirror, stainless sink with storage cabinet below, stainless steel portlight with screen, medicine cabinet with mirror and storage Batteries, four heavy duty marine w/ custom cast hold down brackets Bow thruster Courtesy LED lights in cockpit, vaporproof Dockside waste pump-out fittings Fountain custom layout dash with full engine instrumentation, drive and trim tab indicators, throttles with drive trim switch on handle, tab and drive switches on dash, GPS speedometer, hour meters, fuel gauges (3), audible and visual engine alarm system, digital depth gauge, neutral safety lockout, systems switch panel, windlass remote control L-shaped sofa with seating for 4, removable table, carpeting and suspended vinyl headliner, pleated draperies, cherry framed mirror, telephone outlet, stainless steel portlights with screen, low voltage LED overhead lighting with toe kick accent lights, overhead hatch with screen Patterned non-skid safety foredeck walkway Battery charger, two automatic 30 Amp Coolant recovery system for engines and generator Custom locking cabin entry way Dockside water pressure inlet with regulator Safety and operational manual Steering, power assist hydraulic system w/ dual pumps; 12" padded stainless steel steering wheel TV, Salon - LCD TV 19" with surround sound and sub-woofer, stereo with DVD & CD player; Master Stateroom- 19" LCD TV with stereo, CD & DVD player; Aft Cabin- 15" LCD TV with DVD player Battery parallel system Engine air vents, integrated Engine hatch with electric/hydraulic actuator and electrically raised storage area for table Rubrail with stainless steel insert Swim ladder, swimplatform, 3-step Cable TV-Telephone inlet Engine room bilge water monitor Lazarette storage locker for fenders and lines Windshield, full frame wrap around DC Battery panel with engine and generator disconnect switches Engine room diaphragm keel pumps (2) Rear lounge seat converts to sundeck with electric/hydraulic actuator Engine room lights Galvanic isolator Transom shower with hot and cold faucet Engine room, stainless steel exhaust system, quarter turn seavalves on below waterline thru-hulls Generator, 10KW diesel w/instrument panel and sound enclosure Transom walk through door to swim platform Fresh water system, automatic pressurized Main electrical distribution panel with magnetic type circuit breakers for 120/240 VAC and 12VDC, generator remote, volt-amp digital gauges, fresh water tank gauge Twin VacuFlush 18 gal waste tanks Fuel tanks, (3) heavy duty, baffled, 3/16" thick aluminum, foamed, glassed and bolted in position w/stainless steel pickups, 550 gallons total capacity Super ventilated positive lift hull, twin step HF Radio with antenna mount Battery, sealed group 31AGM battery w/ separate charger for windlass and bow thruster Engine alarm system, visual and audible Hard top with courtesy lights, VHF antenna and omnidirectional TV antenna Stainless steel thru-hull fittings Bonding system with zinc anode protection Engine mounts, heavy duty adjustable with vibration isolators Hardtop grab rail, side mount Reverse polarity indicator U shaped lounge with removable table, seating for 8-10, recessed cup holders, 12 volt overhead lighting and 120V AC weather proof receptacle Fuel valves and filters for engines and generator Shore power system, 240V Water heater-20 gal stainless steel Fuel vapor detector Shore power with AC / Heat, US or European Wet bar in cockpit w/storage, faucet, sink and ice maker Horns, electric, stainless steel, flush mount Shoreline cord, 50 foot, 50 Amp Navigation lights U.L. listed pre-tinned boat cable Propellers, stainless steel Sea strainers, custom high speed stainless steel Shower sump pumps forward (2) Trim tabs - heavy duty hydraulic
- Recent Improvements / Upgrades In 2013
- Nu Teak installed swim platform… Replaced all u-joints on all 3 engine to Arneson drive connections Installed 2 additional access hatches to engine compartment Removed battery charger and replaced with 4 x 15amp digital Minn-Kota Replace original water accumulator tank with new Fitted 125’ of chain to bow windlass Added a stern anchor with 150’ line and 15’ of chain Purchased spare Yanmar alternator and raw water impeller (will remain on boat) Sanded and refinished galley sole with Cetol Purchased new bedding for both berths. ***New 10’ Mercury Zodiac with new 15 HP Yamaha ***note: not included in sale but negotiable if buyer interested $ 3,000 $ 9,890 $ 1425 $ 885 $ 155 $ 680 $ 480 $ 1350 $ 300 $ 300 $ 7000
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.