- 42 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
SHAZAAM is a well equipped J 42 for racing or extended cruising with increased fuel capacity, removable SS radar arch w/solar panels, life raft and much more. The J 42 has a great two cabin, two head compartment layout, roomy cockpit and great sailing performance in a very low maintenance exterior.
Many upgrades in 2012 to qualify for the Newport to Bermuda Race.
NOTE PRICE REDUCTION TO $184,000.00
- LWL: 35.1 Beam: 12.2 Max Draft: 6.6 Max Bridge Clearance: 56.7 +Ant Ballast: 7,000 Displacement: 19,700 (Half Load)
- Total Power: 56
- 56 gallon fuel tanks port and starboard each w/separate supply and returns-Total 112 Gallons 100 gallon Fresh Water Tank Two holding tanks
- Satin finished upgraded cherry interior package with teak and holly cabin sole. Forward cabin has a large V-berth with custom Temperpedic Mattress (in storage), private access to the forward head compartment which is located just aft to port. Main salon has full length settees port and starboard with lee cloths, bulkhead mounted drop leaf table. Aft of the main salon there is a large functional galley to port and a forward facing sit down nav station w/full size nav table to starboard. The aft cabin is aft of the nav station and includes a large double berth. The aft head compartment is aft of the galley w/wet locker All new interior portlight curtains
- Large U-shaped galley with excellent counter 12V Sea Frost Cold Plate Ref/Fzr Three Burner Force 10 Propane Stove w/Oven Propane Electric Solenoid Safety Switch GE Microwave Oven Two Alum Propane Tanks Deep Double SS Sinks H & C Press Water Fresh Water Foot Pump Seagull Microfiltration water spigot Corian Countertop
- Hull and Deck
- In 2004 SHAZAAM was fitted with a larger custom Bimini to accommodate two 150 watt solar panels. It was modified in 2009 to be able to remove the bimini at which time a lightweight bimini was purchased. The dodger was also reinforced at that time for added heavy weather protection offshore and modified to be easily broken down and stored. SS Stern Mount Swim Ladder Cockpit Shower-Cold Water Only VENTILATION: Two Deck Hatches Three Large Opening Ports Eight Small Opening Ports GROUND TACKLE: Lewmar Rev Vertical Anchor Windlass w/Controls at Helm & Bow Double Anchor Roller CQR Plow Anchor w/240' Chain (Cruising) Fortress FX-23 Alum Anchor w/Chain & Rode (Racing)
- NAV STATION: Garmin GPSmap 4208 Plotter/Radar-New 2009 Garmin XM Sat Receiver 1470850 added for XM Weather-New 2012 B & G Hydra 2000 Read-Out Icom IC M802 SSB-New 2004 Standard Horizon VHF Xantrex LinkPro Battery Monitor ACR Satellite2 406 EPIRB Kenwood AM/FM/CD Stereo HELM/COCKPIT: Garmin GPSmap 4208 Plotter-New 2013 Richie Powerdamp Compass B&G Hydra Auto Pilot-New 2012 B&G Hydra Read-Out-New 2012 Carbon Fiber Pedestal for Radar Ant Companionway Cowling: Two B&G Hydra 2000 Read-Outs B&G AWI-New 2012 Misc. Masthead LED Tricolor Custom LED Bow running lights and battery back-up running lights-New 2012
- Two 120V/30Amp Shore Power Connections Xantrex Truecharge 20 Amp Battery Charger ProMariner Galvanic Isolator w/Monitoring Device Three Grp 31 AGM 105 AH Batteries-New 4/09 Three 12V Fans Red sailing lights added to cabins, over galley and nav station All interior overhead lights replaced with LED
- Three Blade Max Prop-New 2005 Larger (more accessible) Racor Fuel Filter than standard Emergency Tiller Henderson Manual Bilge Pump-Cockpit Auto/Man Electric Bilge Pump Manual bilge pump under sink in galley Marineair Self Contained Rev Cyc AC Unit w/SMX Dig Controls-New 2004 Two Marine Toilets each with Overboard/Holding Tank Discharge w/Deck or Manual Pump-out
- Sails & Rigging
- SS Rod Rigging Harken Unit 2 Roller Furling w/Removable Drum Harken Main Sheet Traveller w/Controls NavTec Hyd Backstay Adj-New 2009 Hall Quick Vang Carbon Fiber Spinnaker Pole Halyards Main Halyard-New 2010 Two Spinnaker-New 2009 One Genoa-New 2009 One Genoa-New 2012 Genoa Harken Track System Has Two Cars On Each Track and Are Adjustable From The Cockpit Quick Release Spinnaker Blocks and The Blocks On The Main Are All High Performance Equipment Removable Spectra Intermediate Stay Two new Harken High-Load Spinnaker Snach Blocks New Harken High-Load Spinnaker Downhaul Block New Harken High-Load Main Sheet Blocks NORTH SAILS (Exc Condition): #2 135% Norlam Genoa-New 2009 #1 Genoa-NorDac New 2005 #3 100%-NorDac-New 2006 Mainsail--NorDac-New 2006 Cruising Spinnaker w/sock-New 2000 Storm Trisail-Dacron-New 2004 Storm Jib on Removable Intermediate Stay-Dacron-New 2004 Both Storm Trisail and Storm Jib fitted w/New pennants and sheets-2012 Ullman Sails: Light Weight Asymmetrical Spinnaker-New 2009 Lewmar Winches: Two #44 ST2SP-Traveller Two #50 ST2SP-Sheet Two #44 ST2SP-Cabin Top, Each w/Three Rope Clutches One Rope Clutch on Mast Two Rope Clutches-Main Sheet
- Other Features
- SHAZAAM WAS RIGOROUSLY INSPECTED FOR OFFSHORE SAFETY TO THE LATEST STANDARDS TO BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE 2012 NEWPORT TO BERMUDA RACE Extensive Bottom Job summer 2011, bottom stripped, barrier coated, wet sanded, Baltaplate Antifowling Paint Viking 6 man UKL Offshore Valise life raft-New 2012 Tides dripless rudder seal-New 2012 Tides dripless shaft seal-New 2012 New Cutlass Bearing-4/11 Overboard Rescue System Horseshoe Life Ring 9' Inflatable Dinghy 9hp Tohatsu Outboard
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.