- 40 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 4JH4 diesel
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
GYPSY is a 1974 Hinckley Bermuda 40 Mk II Yawl that sleeps six. She is a proven blue water sailor and is currently located in Georgetown, MD.
- HULL and DECK
- Jade Mist Green topsides Decks are white with grey non-skid. Construction: Solid hand laid fiberglass hull, reinforced with additional laminations in all stress areas. Deck is basla cored set in a 6” flange which is molded into the hull, fiber glassed and bolted to form a permanent hull/deck joint. Non-skid pattern is molded into the deck. External lead keel is fastened with stainless steel bolts Bronze centerboard operated by a worm gear with override in case of grounding. Teak deck house hand rails, eyebrows, toerails, cockpit combings and hatch boxes Stainless stanchions with double lifelines and gates
- Pedestal wheel steering Folding, teak pedestal mounted table Binnacle-mounted 5" Constellation Compass with stainless steel cover and guard Teak cockpit grate Cockpit Dodger with leather sewn grab rail Full deck awning with rain catcher Cockpit awning Cockpit cushions Removable Helmsman seat
- HELM & NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
- Autohelm Autopilot Datamarine Depth gauge, Knotmeter, Anometer Raymarine Radar Chart Plotter (2009) Magellen GPS ICOM VHF ICOM Single Sideband Radio (2002) LED TriAnchor with Strobe & Photodiode Mast Light (2001) 5" Constellation Compass
- ACCOMMODATIONS BELOW
- The interior woodwork is varnished mahogany with solid teak and holly cabin soles. Fixed port lights are to port and starboard and an opening overhead hatch creates extra light and ventilation. There are custom screens for all hatches. GYPSY sleeps 6: 2 in the V-Berth area forward and 4 in the main salon. The Owners’ Stateroom is forward with “V” berths, two hanging lockers with shelf, bureau, and bookshelves. From the Owners’ stateroom there is access to the forepeak anchor locker. An opening overhead hatch provides for extra light and ventilation; A bulkhead mounted fan provides additional ventilation. The Head is aft of stateroom (port side) with handheld shower, mirrored medicine cabinet, SS sink, stylish faucet, hamper, linen locker, opening port light and six toiletry drawers. The head was upgraded to a Groco Head in 2004. The Main Salon sleeps four with port/starboard seating extending into berths and two additional pilot berths, each with lee boards. For those cold evenings there is a charming Shipmate heating stove which burns solid fuel affixed onto the main cabin bulkhead, along with an Espar diesel heater with thermostat to keep you warm. For additional storage there is a large shelf locker along with bookshelves and storage drawers under the pilot berths and seating berths. A center drop-leaf dining table makes for comfortable dining from both sides of the boat and houses the centerboard worm gear. The Galley is located aft and is equipped with a single stainless steel sink served by hot and cold pressure water along with a fresh water hand pump. There is a storage area for pots and pans along with enclosed shelving for dry foods adjacent the sink. A 3-burner gimbaled, stainless steel Shipmate stove with oven and broiler complements the galley. A starboard Grunert air-cooled DC electric refrigerator with freezer compartment completes the galley. There is storage for dishes and utensils and the navigation electronics, while the refrigeration top doubles as a Nav table.
- 4 Interstate U2200 Battery Bank (House) 1 Interstate SRM 29 Battery (Starting) Xantrex XBM Battery Monitor with cables AirX Marine Wind Turbine Truecharge 400 Watt Inverter Automatic Bilge Switch Bilge Pump Sump Pump
- SAILS and RIGGING
- Rigging: Hinckley MK II Yawl rig Harken 2 Roller Furling system Sails: Doyle reefing Main with 2 reef points & sail cover Doyle fully-battened reefing Mizzen sail & sail cover 90% Working Jib Storm Jib Doyle 135% Reefing Genoa w/linen cover Mizzen Staysail Spinnaker & Spinnaker chute Ratsey/Yardam 160% Drifter
- Yanmar 4JH4 56-HP naturally aspirated diesel engine, shaft seal, full-length oil pan, stainless shaft, new bronze propeller. Engine room sound insulation Racor fuel filter Oil filter Raw intake sea water strainer Two alternators Engine temperature alarm Oil temperature alarm Four fire extinguishers
- ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT
- Ground Tackle: Ideal 12V Windless with chain and gypsy CQR 40 lb anchor - in bow roller 22 S Danforth Anchor 35 lb Yachtsman Anchor 165 ft BBC chain + 200 ft secondary anchor rode Salt water deck wash down system Avon 10’ RIB dinghy with Yamaha 9.9 HP, 2-stroke engine, 25L marine fuel tank, 9lb Danforth standard anchor Boarding ladders (2) Horseshoe liferings Docklines
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Hinckley Brokerage Offices: SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME: Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ? Broker: Wythe Ingebritson Cell: 207-664-8111 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 207-244-5531 PORTSMOUTH, RI: Broker: Joe Dwyer Cell: 401-578-2919 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 401-683-7005 ANNAPOLIS, MD : Broker: Peter Howard (CPYB) Cell: 443-852-0193 or E-mail: email@example.com om Office: 410-263-0095 STUART-FL: Broker: Tripper Vincent Cell: 561-262-3900 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 772-403-5387 NAPLES-FL: Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 239-261-2879 HARBOR SPRINGS-MI: Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 231-526-4378