- 42 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
"JOSEPHINE" WANTS TO LEAVE THE DOCK
OWNER MUST SELL AND IS READY FOR OFFERS!!
Vagabond 42 Ketches are well known as blue water cruisers and can be found in anchorages all over the world. "Josephine" has been nicely upgraded and is now looking for an opportunity to go sailing with her new Captain and crew.
Here are just a few of her niceties:
- NEW teak and holly sole
- NEW aluminum fuel tanks
- NEWER Adler Barbour refrigeration
- 150 gallon per day Watermaker
- NEW Garmin autopilot, chartplotter and Nav instruments
- NEW bottom paint
- Rocna 73# anchor
- NEW Bomar hatches
- NEW Trojan batteries
- 2000 Yanmar 76 hp diesel
- Inverter and charger (New 2011)
- 6 man life raft
- Para storm sea anchor
- Solar panels and wind generator
And the list goes on! Take a few minutes to acquaint yourself with the full specs, then call us for an opportunity to get aboard "Josephine"
- Entering from the seakindly cockpit and down the easily accessed companionway ladder the first things seen are beautiful teak bulkheads with white headliner and a new teak and holly sole with opening floor hatches to easily access tanks and the bilge. Starting immediately to starboard you first find the flip top navigation desk with pull out padded swivel stool followed by a long settee with cabinets and storage above, behind and below. Moving forward is the private guest stateroom with over/under Pullman berths to starboard, storage cabinets, hanging locker and access to the anchor locker. Next aft to port is the private guest head with vanity, head and shower plus ample storage cabinetry. Moving aft to port find a curved settee with multiple storage cabinets, storage shelves and an oval teak dining table followed by the well insulated top loading freezer and top & front loading refrigerator compartments. Further aft is the walk-thru galley with counter space and large SS sink over the engine access doors and stove with more counter space and ample cabinetry on the port side. From the galley moving aft is the master head with vanity, head, cabinetry and separate shower and private entry into the master stateroom . The master offers an athwartship queen berth with pillow top mattress, bench seating in front of the berth with storage under, Hanging lockers, shelves, cabinets, aft windows and an overhead hatch. Truly an inviting, cozy, romantic master stateroom! From the starboard side of the stateroom you move forward to find a double sea berth outboard over storage cabinetry and more engine room access doors to port. Few, if any 42' boats will have the storage capability of this Vagabond 42'!
- Force 10 3-burner propane stove w/ oven & broiler S/S Microwave oven 2011 Adler Barbour 12V top loading fridge/freezer and side loading fridge Extra large S/S sink Sea Gull fresh water filtering system Village Marine 150 gallon-per-day watermaker w/ tester Water heater w/ engine heat exchanger Spice rack Abundant counter top space for food prep (9) Lockers (6) Drawers Pull out cutting board Stern rail mounted Dickinson propane BBQ grill Propane solenoid control (3) 10# Propane tanks in vented locker
- Garmin GM-10 linear drive autopilot (New 2011) Garmin 740S chartplotter with speed & depth (New 2011) AIS Transceiver interfaced with Garmin JRC 3000 4kw radar w/ closed array ICOM M401 VHF w/ DSC ICOM command mic @helm Symphonic TV Toshiba DVD player Stereo/CD/AM/FM with salon speakers Ritchie 6" compass
- (6) 6V Trojan golf cart batteries (2013) - house, (1) Group 27 - engine start Mastervolt 40 amp battery charger (2011) Workzone 1200 watt inverter (2011) Air Marine 400 wind generator Blue Sea M series battery switches (2011) Spare 30 amp inlet installed (not wired) Guest galvanic isolator Smart Battery monitor 12V Alpenglow red & white lighting throughout 80 amp alternator (New 2011) (4) 75 watt Siemens solar panels with Trace 30 amp solar controller 12V Cabin fans throughout Marine TV/FM antenna Marinco 50' 30 amp shore power cable
- Village Marine 150 GPD watermaker (5) Bilge pumps: (1) manual, (4) automatic Dripless shaft seal Dual Racor filters w/ pressure gauge Electric fuel pump Portable bilge pump New aluminum fuel tanks in 2010 Jabsco heads w/ Y-valve Baha fuel filter 3-blade fixed bronze prop Sump pumps for both showers BC Fire extinguisher CO fume detector
- Deck & Cockpit
- Serious Ground Tackle: 73# Rocna w/ 300' 5/16 chain, 60# CQR w/ 92' 5/16 chain and 210' rode, 30# Danforth w/ 40' 5/16 and 250' rode, 10# Danforth w/ rode, dinghy anchor Double S/S anchor davit Anchor snubber Simpson Lawrence 1500 electric windlass Fully enclosed cockpit dodger & bimini w/ Isenglass & screens S/S grab bars on dodger & bimini Teak and bronze deck hand rails (4) New Bomar offshore deck hatches New LED running lights (2) Deck lights (4) Polished S/S dorades (2) Deck prisms (15) Opening Screened bronze ports Fold down helm step Teak cockpit grate Dual mooring bridles Deck box on aft deck Hot/cold deck shower Port & starboard jacklines Plastimo offshore 6-man liferaft (needs re-cert.) Para Storm Sea anchor w/ deployment & recovery gear (2011) Teak decks in good condition (2) Built-in storage lockers on foredeck Teak & S/S boarding ladder S/S Bow & stern rails Rope boarding ladder Man overboard poles S/S stanchions w/ double coasted lifelines Emergency tiller (5) Life jackets
- Sails & Rigging
- 120% Genoa on Profurl roller furling Fully battened main w/ stack pack and lazy jacks (refurbished 2011) 2009 Self tending hank on staysail w/ bag 2009 Hank on storm sail for staysail stay Spare mizzen sail 2009 Mizzen w/ stack pack and lazy jacks Lewmar 50 ST 2 speed primaries Mainsheet traveler Whisker pole S/S Compression posts stepped on keel for masts Boom gallows Standing rigging replaced (2002)
- Brokers Comments
- This refurbished 42 ketch is well equipped and has an exceptional interior with warm teak cabinets and bulkheads, abundant storage capacity, and a new teak & holly sole. Her fuel tanks have been replaced with new aluminum tanks, the standing rigging was replaced in 2002 and the teak decks show in good condition. Designed for blue water passages her 4 sails allow for multiple sail configurations to handle any weather or sea conditions. Newer modern electronics have been installed including Garmin autopilot, chartplotter and wind machine all located in the cockpit and protected by a full cockpit enclosure with Isenglass and screens. The original diesel was replaced in 2000 by a 76 hp Yanmar diesel with twin racors and a drip-less stuffing box. The bottom is blister free and was primed and painted in June 2013, so her new Owners can sail away worry free. Don't miss this opportunity! Call for an appointment to see her!
- Additional Information
- 1998 - 8 coats of Inter-Protect 2000 - NO BLISTERS 2013 - 2 coats of primer and 2 coats of ablative bottom paint 3/4 keel with full skeg protected rudder Bowsprit platform supports - New 2009 SS bar from keel to skeg to protect prop (2013) Water system refurbished in 2009 All equipment manuals cataloged and on board
- Owners personal items not listed here are not a part of this sale. The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of this vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyers desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- See more details at www.whiteakeryachtsales.com Available for co-brokerage on a 50/50 basis. Listed by a Certified Professional Yacht Broker.