- 70 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
MAGIC CARPET is a unique 70' Hatteras cockpit motoryacht featuring an enlarged and air conditioned aft deck arrangement. The layout includes 4 staterooms including the aft master and two VIP guest staterooms. The flybridge has been widened and lengthened and includes a island style wet bar. There was extensive interior and mechanical re-fit work completed in 2008 including complete overhauls of the main engines and replacement of all A/C air handlers. Magic Carpet will impress any who see her!
- Magic Carpet is a classic American motor yacht with big spaces, good headroom and cruising amenities for long distance cruising or long term live aboard. The cockpit is factory original not an add on. The foredeck has a bench seat for guests to enjoy a slow speed cruise getting and see where they are going rather than where they have been. The decks are wide and the hand rails high for security when underway and there is a sunpad for on deck lounging. Sliding doors to both sides of the pilothouse give good access to the decks for the skipper when docking or when boarding. Visibility here when running in inclement weather is excellent and the pilot hose can be shut off from the galley if running at night. Features, Navigation, and instrumentation in the pilothouse include: Furuno FR 1510 Radar Simrad AP 25 Autopilot HP 22 inch flat screen monitor for computerized GPS chart plotter Recent computer (2011) running Nobletec Pro max navigation software ACR RL100 remote searchlight control Closed circuit television monitor for three cameras Danforth Compass Icom IC-M504 VHF radio Sea 322 Single side band radio Furuno 561 Fish finder Brooks and Gatehouse Hydra 3 with depth speed and wind display Naiad stabilizer controls Glendening synchronizer control Wine cooler Bench seating Stairs to flybridge Aft of the pilothouse is the on deck galley with a raised “U” shaped dinette to one side with an ample galley to port that has lots of counter space and storage cabinets above and below. The refrigerator has just recently been replaced in 2012 and the flooring is new. As typical of Hatteras there is a large window at the sink for natural light and a good view while preparing snacks and meals. Magic Chef 4 burner stove Sharp convection microwave Whirlpool dishwasher The main salon is full beam to give a more open feel to the salon and all wall coverings, carpeting, headliners and furniture are recent giving a fresh crisp look. A large flat screen TV is on the forward wall with satellite controls hidden in a small compartment. There is a full surround sound system with sub woofer for great movie sound. The dining table is forward to port with four high back upholstered chairs. The aft couch is “L” shaped with a beige Ultra leather covering and storage below and there are two recent barrel chairs that swivel to starboard. The aft deck is accessed thru a large Plexiglas door that helps with the clean look of the salon. Many of the 70 Hatteras motor yachts of this age have a small aft deck but Magic Carpet has a slightly smaller main salon with a custom larger air conditioned back deck. The sliding side windows and the aft isinglass can all be opened for fresh air or climate control can be used for heat or air conditioning. There is a bar area to port with a recently installed refrigerator and an “L” shaped couch in one corner with another “L” shaped settee with table to the other side. The cockpit gives great access to the water for use of the dinghy and makes tying the boat up so much easier. When tied to low floating docks the swim platform and transom door make boarding secure this way and Marquipt sea stairs can be used at fixed docks. Large storage compartments and a separate refrigerator are accessed from easy doors below the aft deck itself and a hatch give access to the rudder compartment.
- Access to the master stateroom is from the main salon, isolated from the guest staterooms for more privacy. Unlike older versions of this yacht there are his and her heads and a Jacuzzi type tub. The bed is a king centerline with full walk around, there are walk in cedar closets, a vanity and flat screen TV. Guest staterooms are forward with a VIP with queen berth forward and a second VIP with queen berth amid ship the fourth stateroom can be for crew or for guests when a queen berth is not appropriate. Both VIP cabins have ensuite head and stall shower. All of these areas have recent carpeting and headliners. There is an apartment size stacking washer and dryer and access to the generator compartment that also houses air conditioning equipment.
- Access is from stairs in the pilothouse instead of a ladder making it easier for guests and crew. Similar Hatteras yachts built only a year before had a smaller seating area on the flybridge with the backs of the bench seating running straight back from the forward part of the bridge. This yacht and later models have the seating extended two feet to each side plus the aft bench is further aft giving a large area for entertaining and plentiful seating when cruising. With all this extra space there is room for a half circle bar with thee stools aft and a recent refrigerator and sink below an opening counter top. To aft is a 2000 14’ Novurania tender 50 HP Yamaha outboard plus a chocks for a now removed Jet Ski or Waverunner.
- Mechanical Equipment
- The engine room is entered from the stairs from the main salon. The yacht is powered with Detroit Diesel 12V92 engines that have around 1100 hours since overhaul in 2008. Automatic fire suppression system Sea Recovery 1200 galloon per day water maker Nu Tone built in Vacuum cleaner Dual Racor Fuel filters Benet trim tabs 30 gallon lube oil tank with deck fill Oils change system Hynautic hydraulic steering Glendenning synchronizer Naiad Stabilizers Battery chargers Hot water heaters Eight Cruisair air conditioning units, updated air handles
- Electrical Equipment
- Twin 20 KW Onan generators with 4500 hours Two isolation transformers Two Glendenning electric power cord retractors, port and starboard Dytek automatic battery charger
- Broker Remarks
- Magic Carpet has had some recent improvements from a knowledgeable yachtsman owner including new refrigerator and flooring in the galley, new wine cooler in the pilothouse and new refrigerators on the flybridge and aft deck. When the yacht was originally built the aft deck was enlarged, duplicating the larger deck of older Hatteras motor yachts that are so much more popular today. This back deck is air conditioned but can be opened to the fresh air with sliding side windows and rear isinglass the can be opened. There are two seating areas here, to starboard is an “L” shaped settee with table and two port another “L” shaped couch to provide plentiful room for entertaining family and friends. The refrigerator at the bar with stainless sink is new. The flybridge is the newer style not found on slightly older motor yachts of the same size being four feet wider at the seats. This allows a large semi circle three stool bar with refrigerator and sink to be centered just aft of the helm seat. Also different in this model compared to older Hatteras yachts is the master stateroom with his and hers heads found usually on much larger yachts. Magic Carpet has had some recent improvements from a knowledgeable yachtsman owner including new refrigerator and flooring in the galley, new wine cooler in the pilothouse and new refrigerators on the flybridge and aft deck. When the yacht was originally built the aft deck was enlarged, duplicating the larger deck of older Hatteras motor yachts that are so much more popular today. This back deck is air conditioned but can be opened to the fresh air with sliding side windows and rear isinglass the can be opened. There are two seating areas here to starboard is an “L” shaped settee with table and two port another “L” shaped couch to provide plentiful room for entertaining family and friends. The refrigerator at the bar with stainless sink is new. The flybridge is the newer style not found on slightly older motor yachts of the same size, being four feet wider at the seats. This allows a large semi circle three stool bar with refrigerator and sink to be centered just aft of the helm seat. Access to the flybridge is from a staircase in the separate pilothouse rather than the ladder found on older models. ?Also different in this model compared to older Hatteras yachts is the master stateroom with his and hers heads found usually on much larger yachts.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Contact Tucker Fallon Today! (954) 801-3645 | firstname.lastname@example.org