- 42 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
"PELICAN" is a wonderful, clean, neat and tidy example of the Grand Banks 42 Europa. She is in excellent condition and having been thoughtfully planned and outfitted to meet the needs of a cruising family, she has provided many outstanding experiences for her current owners. Among her notable features are an enlarged master stateroom to augment the stateroom most important and more likely used by owners.
She is generously and thoughtfully equipped with AC/Heat, Grunnert Freezer, Genset and custom decor package. She has been lightly used and shed stored in the New England off season. Her owner has given the servicing yard an unrestricted maintenance program. Please review the full listing carefully to appreciate the extensive equipment list. Offered for sale only due to her owners change in yachting plans.
Recent Price reduction.
- Manufacturer Provided Description
- The Grand Banks 42 Europa has been decades in the making. The original Ken Smith design has been amended and updated with the practical input of her owners. The experience gained since the laying of the first GB 42 keel in 1966 is reflected in each one commissioned today. Her practical layout, sturdy fiberglass construction, deep water design, and long range capability all add up to a complete cruising boat. The Grand Banks semidisplacement hull design, with a fine entry forward, hard chines aft, and a full keel has been proven on waters around the world. Single or twin diesel power will deliver economy at hull speed and provide higher cruising speeds when larger than the standard engines are chosen. Many power options are available. The exterior of the hull and deckhouse on the GB 42 is smooth gelcoated fiberglass. Teak decking is laid over the fiberglass on the main deck and flybridge. The bulwarks surrounding the wide main deck are capped with a sturdy teak safety rail providing safe movement from bow to stern for those on board. The Grand Banks 42: In production since the 60s, her hull was redesigned in the early 90s giving the proven Grand Banks semi-displacement hull a longer waterline and an increased beam. Ideal for a couple with children or guests, she cruises economically at 9 knots, yet 17 knots is typical with optional engines. The Classic offers two staterooms, separated by the main saloon and galley. A variety of layouts are available including an aft cabin with an island double bed. The Europa's main saloon opens to a protected cockpit for expanded, one-level living. Two forward staterooms are standard. The Motoryacht provides increased living space with a spacious, full-width stateroom aft, and two additional staterooms forward. A galley-down layout with one forward stateroom is available. The aft sundeck expands the outdoor living area and provides room for stowage.
- PELICAN offers wonderful accommodations with salon, galley, lower helm and aft deck all on the same level and with excellent visibility throughout. There is tremendous outdoor space with the covered aft deck, partly covered weather decks, protective bulwark and award winning flying bridge space. COCKPIT AND MAIN SALON FLOW: From the COCKPIT, an easy entry to the MAIN SALON is nearly unencumbered via custom solid varnished teak double sliding doors from the aft deck. The salon has an L-shaped settee to port with storage below, teak drop leaf table, two ultraleather finished barrel chairs finished to starboard; additionally an entertainment center with multiple gadgets is between the chairs. HELM: The lower helm is forward to starboard with an access door to the weather decks enabling easy dock handling and passing of lines. GALLEY: The L-shaped galley is to port and features Grunert fridge/freezer, Grunert deep freeze, Princess cooktop with microwave below and reasonable storage above and below. STATEROOMS: MASTER: Island Queen berth forward on centerline, with abundant storage beneath, large hanging locker, custom bookshelves, two opening ports and an overhead hatch. There is private access to the head. GUEST: The guest stateroom is aft of the master and to port and features two twin berths, a center hanging locker, opening ports and an overhead hatch. HEAD: is to starboard and has separate stall shower; Vacuflush fresh water electric toilet, beautifully crafted vanity, mirror and additional lighting ventilation.
- Onan generator with sound shield 125/220 volt shore power inlets forward and aft 20 gal stainless steel water heater Zinc saver DC Electrical system 12 V Four 8D AGM batteries Starting batteries for generator and engines Inverter Battery charger
- Grunert front-loading refrigerator/freezer Grunert holding-plate freezer, top-loading 3-burner gas cooktop Microwave/convection oven Exhaust blower Icemaker Corian countertops Stainless steel sink Filtered water Spigot Dish storage in forward bulkhead Shelved storage cabinets Storage pantry under helm seat
- Incorporating covered weather decks, a transom door for ease of access, a spacious covered aft deck, extra wide swim platform, a large secure and lockable lazzarette under the aft deck for storage and access to washer/dryer and cavernous stowage, the Grand Banks 42 EU is the champion of superlative design and engineerng. The yacht is also designed for comfort, and foremost, safety. Anchor pulpit with dual anchor rollers Proper Chocks and cleats Anchor windlass Stainless anchor with 200’ chain rode Swim platform with ladder Fresh and salt water deck washdowns Kahlenberg air horn Window coverings for all salon windows Sunscreens for aft deck area Stainless steel rails for attaching sunscreens Stainless steel handrails for low maintenance Teak Decks
- Additional Information
- The Grand Banks Europa design is considered by many to be the ideal cruising platform for a family. Easily handled by one or two, the design has elements that are today considered to be at the height of motor yacht thinking and evidence of the benefits to you the owner, is proven by the tremendous popularity of the yacht and the successful sales. Pelican is truly a showpiece and is representative of the best of the best in this category. She is exceptionally well equipped and is exceptionally well cared for. There are no apologies to be made for her condition, truly, and the owners purpose to sell her due to a change in plans, and insight makes her, in this market, very reasonably priced yacht for condition, equipment, age, size and pedigree. Serious prospects only please.
- Engines and Propulsion system, Mechanicals
- Twin Caterpillar 3208 diesel engines Aquadrive system Three CruiseAir reverse cycle air conditioning systems Glendinning engine synchronizing system Racor 1000 series fuel filtration on engines and generator Strong shaft seals Oil changing system Bennett trim tabs Holding Tank Indicator system Inventory of spare parts
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Hinckley Brokerage Offices: SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME: Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 or E-mail: email@example.com ♦ Broker: Wythe Ingebritson Cell: 207-664-8111 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 207-244-5531 PORTSMOUTH, RI: Broker: Ted Gersen (CPYB) Cell: 401-338-2717 E-mail: email@example.com ♦ Broker: Joe Dwyer Cell: 401-578-2919 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ♦ Broker: Dana Davidson ( non-Hinckley specialist ) Cell: 401-965-1684 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 401-683-7005 ANNAPOLIS, MD: Broker: Peter Howard (CPYB) Cell: 443-852-0193 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org om Office: 410-263-0095 STUART- FL: Broker: Tripper Vincent Cell: 561-262-3900 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 772-403-5387 NAPLES-FL: Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 239-261-2879 HARBOR SPRINGS-MI: Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 231-526-4378