- 60 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
SERENGETI's hi-end design and build out put her in a category rarely seen. She is dual purpose in all respects, allowing her to cruise in luxury, very fast. Built by Ian Franklin in New Zealand, she is a yacht of tremendous innovations and caliber. The light, open interior layout has three staterooms, one having a real centerline queen bed with full head ensuite, two heads, a lovely salon, and a wonderful in line style galley.
Her innovative features are quite well engineered and thought out based on her owners’ years of sailing background. For example, the furling unit is set under deck to clear the deck of un-needed hazards and to allow a deep low tack for head-sails that can be set and peeled using the double groove foil; the sheet stoppers run thru coamings further reducing clutter; her covered navigation area in the cockpit protects a full screen computer. Her interior woods are composite for light weight, all the while, being of a design and execution on far more expensive yachts. She has generator, air conditioning, an easily accessed engine area, gorgeous galley you would not expect on a 60 footer.
Her construction utilizes a combination of Aramid (Kevlar) and E-Glass fibers yielding stiff and strong structure also extremely resistant to impact. The lifting keel is fitted into an integral box structure allowing cruising in shallower areas. For those seeking an exceptional, strong, great looking, fast, family cruising yacht, this is not one to miss.
Inventory of two Shipping containers, along with additional detail photos available upon request. She is only for sale due to her owners change in sailing plans.
- Max Draft: 8'6"/13'6" Ballast: 12783 Displacement: 37468
- Total Power: 75
- Three Stateroom, two head layout with open salon and well designed usage of interior maple wood to yield light interior. Master is forward. GALLEY EQUIPMENT Force 10 Marine 3 burner stove w/oven Double stainless steel sink in galley, Corian counters white Microwave- GE Profile Grunnert Refrigeration - Top & front loading Grunnert Freezer (large) - top loading
- Electronics & Navigation
- NAVIONICS All instruments--B&G Hercules 2000 1 FFD @ each helm Auto pilot by port helm 2 FFD @ fwd bulkhead 4 20/20 @ mast 1 FFD port aft cabin 1 FFD in owner's cabin 2 FFD @ Nav Auto pilot @ Nav Furuno Nav Net Radar plotter COMPUTER Dell Optiplex 620 computer & hook up for back up laptop HP Deskjet 948C inkjet printer Seabrook M-15 screen in cockpit with waterproof keyboard. Linked to main computer & Furuno system Hook up for cable TV & std phone COMMUNICATIONS ICOM HF Marine, IC-M802 N2 ICOM VHF IC-M127 Global Star Sat phone w/2nd head set @ Nav station Furuno AIS system Remote speaker for SSB PA for cockpit via ICOM VHF WEATHER Furuno 208 MKII weather fax ENTERTAINMENT Phillips 12' screen in fwd cabin with external DVD player ( Philco) Philco DVD player Samsung aprox 21" TV in saloon hooked to computer, DVD, CD Panasonic stereo in saloon Panasonic stereo with addtional amplifier Panasonic CD changer
- 24V house system with shore 125VAC (50 amp) shore power Xantrex inverter/charger Alternator - 80 amp Balmar 110V outlets Advanced Interior lighting romance lighting 12V outlets Running lights are LED low power requirments Grounding for SSB Lightening protection grounding system Lightening dissipating system GE Microwave Mastervolt inverter
- Safety Gear
- Life sling Throw line All category 1 safety gear Halon fire fighting system in 3 zones (engine, genset & aft garage) Co2 & Dry chemical handheld units (4 total) MOM Fire extinguisher monitor @ nav station 2007 Zodiac MK II classic inflatable 12' dinghy w/15 HP Yamaha 1999 - Rebuilt (07) 2 Winslow life rafts (1) SLO-12, (1) SLO-6
- Hull construction SERENGETI was built using Aramid and E-Glass fibers over foam cores. The result is a very stiff hull with minimal weight, exceptionally stronger and more durable that straight fibreglass. The keel box for the lifting keel effectively secures the hull, deck and internal structure together into a complete unit. The cockpit is very roomy and comfortable in both racing and cruising modes. The dual mode dodgers offer full protection of the main hatchway and forward end of the cockpit. There is a dedicated life raft locker at the forward end of the cockpit which hold one of the two rafts. Included in the purchase is a custom built cradle that can be broken down so that it fits inside a standard 20' shipping container. Construction - Aramid & Epoxy over foam core. Hull and deck vacuum bagged Paint is Matterhorn white alwgrip Rudder - All carbon by NEB in 2004 Bottom paint - Alwgrip Alstar black
- Sails & Rigging
- All carbon fibre spars with Park Avenue boom with lazy jacks for easy handling by short handed crew. Full set of Doyle cruising and racing sails, please call for details. Triple spreader Carbon Fiber mast Roller furling - Harken/Profurl carbon (manual operation) w/under deck drum Carbon Park Ave boom w/lazy jacks Slab reefing Aramid backstay with SSB cable Carbon spinnaker pole Custom carbon reaching strut Navtec hydraulic boom vang S.S. steering wheels (2) w/elkhide cover Halyard winches - Harken Harken 56 ST electric Winches with three speed Harken primaries Coffee grinder S.S. life lines Fortess folding anchor CQR anchor Running lights LED S.S. cleats Lewmar electric anchor windlass Awning/suncover Cockpit cushions All halyards lead under deck mainsheet system Folding GRP cockpit table seats 8 to 10 people Deck shower in transom Custom S.S. fairleads
- Mechanical & Engine Details
- Yanmar 4JK3-TE Generator Grunnert Refrigeration/Freezer - 110v Air conditioning & reverse cycle heat, 3 units Spectra Newport 4000 watermaker Racor fuel filter for main engine and separate for generator with water alarm Tank tender system Flush mounted Thru hull fittings Engine compartment blower Fuel polishing system Fuel transfer system Fresh water filter system at each sink (3) Raritan electric heads 2 molded-in water tanks approx 100 gal each 2 molded-fuel tanks in appox 100 gal each Hot water tank - 12 gallons Allcraft S.S. Electric Hot water heater, run with generator/inverter or engine Black water tanks - 1 bladder w/alarm stb of mast - 10 gal Grey water tanks- 1 plastic w/alarm under galley floor - 15 gal Sump pump for shower Set up for future washer/dryer (wiring & plumbing pre-installed). Tankwatch 4 level monitoring system
- Additional Equipment
- DINGHY 2007 Zodiac MK II classic inflatable 12' dinghy w/15 HP Yamaha 1999 - Rebuilt 07 SHIPPING CONTAINER 20' shipping container - complete with "water toys" (Kayaks, windsurfer), tools and spare equipment for the boat PASSARELLE Carbon multiplex passerelle (never used) Hella fans for ventilation Full covers for floorboards Inflatable fenders Medical kit
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Items not listed should not be considered a part of the inventory.
- Hinckley Brokerage Offices: SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME: Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ♦ Broker: Wythe Ingebritson Cell: 207-664-8111 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 207-244-5531 PORTSMOUTH, RI: Broker: Ted Gersen (CPYB) Cell: 401-338-2717 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ♦ Broker: Joe Dwyer Cell: 401-578-2919 E-mail: email@example.com ♦ Broker: Dana Davidson ( non-Hinckley specialist ) Cell: 401-965-1684 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 401-683-7005 ANNAPOLIS, MD: Broker: Peter Howard (CPYB) Cell: 443-852-0193 or E-mail: email@example.com om Office: 410-263-0095 STUART- FL: Broker: Tripper Vincent Cell: 561-262-3900 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 772-403-5387 NAPLES-FL: Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 239-261-2879 HARBOR SPRINGS-MI: Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 231-526-4378