- 50 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
Retired from the U.S.S. Roosevelt, this 50’ Willard trawler profile hull Navy launch is currently being run as an inner harbor passenger ferry in Boston. She has U.S. Coast Guard inner harbor certification (COI) for 49 passengers and 2 crew. Her efficient and reliable 285 hp Detroit diesel keeps operating costs low.
“All aboard the Joseph S. Kennedy
Experience a scenic tour of Boston Harbor en route to any one of the National Park Harbor Islands or to the Charlestown Navy Yard, home of the U.S.S. Constitution and the WWll destroyer the U.S.S. Cassin Young. The former 50 ft. Navy utility boat has a 49 passenger capacity and a crew of two. Built in 1985, it was assigned to the Aircraft Carrier U.S.S. Roosevelt and motors gracefully across the harbor. Book your tour today!”
- Danforth Anchor Fenders Boathook Safety Equipment: Life Jackets Emergency Steering 1 Ring Life Buoy with Lights & Line Horn Electric Bilge Pumps with manual backup Engine compartment fixed halocarbon fire extinguisher system 1 each B-I hand portable fire extinguisher & B-II semi-portable fire extinguisher.
- Electronics and Helm
- Compass Horizon GX 1700 25 Watt VHF Marine Radio Stereo Garmin 740S GPS Chart Plotter Navigational Lights
- Engine Details & Mechanical Equipment
- One 1985 Detroit 6-71 238 hp diesel engine with 200 hours; sea water cooled. Two Batteries 24 Volt
- United States Coast Guard Certificate of Inspection expires 04 June 2018. Crew required: 1 Master and 1 Deckhand. 49 Passengers Permitted Route: Lakes, Bays & Sounds Next Exams scheduled for: 31 January 2015 51 Adult Life Preservers 6 Child Life Preservers
- Brokers Comments
- This turnkey Passenger Ferry, Water Taxi, Commercial Business, U.S. Navy UB Launch, Event Cruiser, Harbor Tours and Charter Vessel business is being offered at a great value. She could also be converted to a cruiser with the removal of seats. Own a piece of history with this vessel, the UB85 US Navy launch, the JOSEPH S. KENNEDY.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.