JUST REDUCED!! - OWNERS SAY "LET'S TALK"!!
Start your Cruising Adventure NOW!
That's exactly what you can do with "Camperdown". This well found 1990 American Built Antigua 44 is ready for you to sail the Caribbean and beyond!
The current owners spent several years cruising the Gulf of Mexico and the US East Coast before hopping off for extensive cruising throughout the Caribbean, on to Guatemala at Rio Dulce and finally ending their voyage in the Gulf Coast of Florida.
"Camperdown" is a 44-foot center cockpit cutter-rigged ketch with a spacious two stateroom, two head layout featuring a large private aft stateroom with a convertible double or king berth and a spacious guest cabin for visitors!
- Starting up forward, the forepeak includes the chain locker with the guest cabin V-berth just aft of the bulkhead. There is plenty of storage with drawers under the berth, drawers and cabinet on the starboard side, and a hanging locker that is cedar lined. The hull sides are lined with teak battens and there is ample ventilation with a large overhead hatch and two opening ports. The guest head is next aft to port with a vanity and stainless steel wash basin, Corian counter top, and electric marine head. The separate standing stall shower was renovated in 2013. The head compartment is well ventilated with an opening hatch and opening port. Opposite the head is a storage area that accommodates the washer/dryer unit. The Salon is next aft of the structural bulkhead with a spacious L-shaped leather settee to port and a straight leather settee to starboard. The dining table is a traditional centerline drop leaf table that is sturdy and fixed with storage in the center. With the leaf up, the dining arrangement easily accommodates six. The port and starboard settees can make good sea berths on a passage or become guest berths if the family comes to visit. There is lots of storage below the berths and outboard behind the berths with cabinetry outboard above the settees. The spacious feeling is enhanced by two large overhead hatches, the 6'8" head clearance, large fixed windows and the absence of a mast because of the ketch design. The Galley is aft to starboard. It is a classic walkthrough ship’s galley that is safe on a passage with double sinks, a 3 burner stove, top-opening refrigerator and freezer compartments outboard, and loads of storage and counter space throughout. The owner’s stateroom is accessed through the galley walk-through with engine room access in the walk-though. The owner’s stateroom has a convertible double or king size berth across the transom with substantial storage underneath. There are two cedar lined lockers, two additional lockers and additional storage. Ventilation is provided by three opening transom ports, two opening ports on the sides, and a large opening hatches, as well. The ensuite head has a porcelain sink in the Corian topped vanity with a large mirror and storage, a hand held shower and sump, and a standard electric marine toilet. There is an opening port and a large overhead hatch. The sit-down nav station to port at the companionway is forward of the stand-up engine room and workshop. Coupled with the starboard side access, all sides of the engine can be serviced.
- Walk-through galley to starboard; totally supplied Force 10 propane three-burner stove with oven with solenoid switch Microwave/convection oven Total of two tanks stored in cockpit storage cabinets w/ one of the lockers vented with solenoid Well insulated refrigerator with 110v cold plate refrigeration system Separate freezer with large cold plates Pressure water system with accumulator tank Hot water heater with heat exchanger off the engine Double deep and large stainless sinks amid ship Manual fresh water pump Good counter space; custom wood cover over burners (when stove not in use) Ample cupboards and drawers for supplies Galley and cooking utensils included
- Electronics & Nav Equipment
- Furuno Radar Raymarine autopilot at the helm Raymarine GPS Raymarine chart plotter at the helm Raymarine sailing instruments; wind/speed/direction, log, Interphase forward-looking sonar VHF Radios – B&G mounted at the helm and one at the nav station VHF hand held radio ICOM 710 SSB radio with an ICOM AT130 tuner for long distance communications and weather Richie 7" illuminated compass is on the cockpit pedestal Pactor modem for email through SSB Insulated backstay
- Batteries – space for four 6v batteries installed low in the center under cabin sole Batteries - space for three 12v batteries installed in the engine room Balmar alternator Battery monitoring system Main battery selector switch 12 Volt Breaker Panel Nav lights deck level Tricolor masthead light and strobe Deck level nav lights Anchor light Steaming light Stern light Spreader/deck lights Junction Box for mast wiring 12 volt outlets Cabin lights, florescent low amp lights Reading lamps Cockpit reading lamps Electric bilge pumps Pressure water pump Electric bilge pumps (two) 110Shore Power System: Shore Power connections (Two) for 30 amp service Marinco Two shore power cord for 30 amp service AC Breaker Panel with battery monitoring gauges AC 110v outlets (12) 110v Refrigeration Water heater Generator 8.5 kw – Kohler installed in engine room Numerous spare parts including lights, batteries
- Engine room is easily accessed through a door in the walkthrough galley & has excellent mechanical space with workshop counter Engine: Yanmar 4JH-DTBE, Turbo-charged 77 HP Cruising speed at 6.5 to 7.5 knots Max Prop Labeled deck fill Steering system: Edson hydraulic wheel steering system Generator- Kohler Model 8CC063 8.5 KW, 110v Genset Numerous spare parts including filters, belts, impellers, zinc Electric bilge pumps Good water capacity with 130 gallons in two tanks Water maker, custom built, 12 gallons per day installed under V-birth PAR pressure water pump (2) heads with standard electric marine toilets Aft head has a plastic, 20-gallon holding tank Macerator pump for offshore discharge Deck pump out for inshore discharge Sink and vanity with storage outboard SS 8-gallon hot water heater (2011) Hand Held faucet shower in aft head, with sump pump Stall shower with sump in forward head Numerous spare parts including pumps, fittings, hoses, hose clamps
- Hull Construction
- Hand laid fiberglass of one piece construction Airex core above the waterline Encapsulated lead ballast Bronze through hulls/sea cocks Powerful high bow, high bulwarks Long cruising keel Rudder - full skeg Epoxy bottom in 2012 Rub rail Teak toe rail
- Deck & Cockpit
- 45# CQR primary anchor w/ 200' 3//8" HT chain 44# Bruce secondary anchor w/ 50' 3/8" chain & 200' 3/4" rode combo Fortress anchor @ stern Double bow rollers on anchor platform Electric windlass chain gypsy w/ deck foot controls & cockpit remote controls Deep, safe, cockpit long enough to lie down in! Dodger and Bimini of navy blue Sunbrella 2006 Bimini frame of 1” SS tubing attaches to boom gallows Bimini has side curtains and screens Weather clothes – spray and privacy curtains Deck awning for shade – full awning bow to mizzen mast in two pieces with 8 side shade panels Companionway stairs to salon Deep cockpit with comfortable backrests and seating Large cockpit drains Hatch boards and screen boards for companionway Sailing instruments at the helm station Manual bilge pump in cockpit Cockpit cushions (new 2011) Varnished teak cockpit table Custom Varnished helmsmen table (installed when wheel is removed) Binnacle hydraulic wheel steering Radar and chart plotter display at the helm Huge electric sheet winches within easy reach of the helm Excellent visibility from the helm Fiberglass aft deck with new ½" teak overlay in 2010 Cockpit shower Deck level nav lights Anchor light Stern light Spreader/deck lights Aft deck area with fiberglass storage box Stern rail and heavy duty davit system Bowsprit with anchor platform, 4 ft Bow pulpit and stern pulpit S.S. chocks bow and amidships Mooring cleats bow and stern and amid ships Teak hand rails on the cabin house Cabintop teak deck box (14) Opening stainless steel Hood ports with bug screens including three on the transom and three on either side (6) Opening SS deck hatches w/ custom SS security bars (2) Custom hatch-attached vinyl ribbed rain-proof wind scoops in main salon (stowed on boat) High stanchions w/ double lifelines (stanchions rebedded) Boarding gates port and starboard SS boarding ladder @ stern Motor mount for dinghy OB on stern rail Vented propane lockers holding (2) 20 lb. tanks SS deck hardware Caribe 12' RIB w/ custom canvas cover Honda 4-stroke 8hp dinghy OB with custom canvas cover
- Sails & Rigging
- Cutter rig with Yankee jib & staysail (4) Sails - jib, stay, main, mizzen - stored off boat Mast steps on mizzen mast Stayloc fittings Running backstays Mechanical vang Vertical roller furling for mainsail & mizzen Roller furling for jib Double turning blocks Boom end sheeting to traveler aft of center cockpit Downwind pole stowed on mast Extra Stayloc fittings, standing rigging wire cables, & snap blocks Lewmar electric headsail winches Lewmar electric jib winches Primary - large sheet winches on the cockpit combing Secondary - staysail sheet winches on the combing Winches & line stoppers on the mast for halyards
- 200' 3/4" 3-strand nylon rope (stowed under aft berth) Fenders & dock lines (in aft deck box) Large cockpit drains Flare guns Sextant Avon 6-person life raft (last inspected in 2001) Manual bilge pump in cockpit Life ring & horseshoe EPIRB Hydrovane emergency rudder system CO detector Horn Jack lines (4) Fire extinguishers (2) Dahon SS foldable bicycles (off boat)
- Extensive spare part inventory Large tool collection, power and hand Variety of Courtesy Flags for the US and Caribbean Interior & exterior cleaning supplies Rods & reels Spear gun
- Owners personal items not listed here are not a part of this sale. The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of this vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyers desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Available for co-brokerage on a 50/50 basis. Click here for more info