- 46 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
This impeccably maintained 2008 Hylas 46, with a Hall performance carbon rig and Doyle vectran/carbon sails above decks, and an airy interior with bamboo sole and custom ebony-inlay teak cabinetry, represents the best of this semi-custom line, designed by German Frers and crafted at Queen Long Marine.
She's stunning with Awlgrip flag blue hull and gold-leaf cove stripe. Thoughtfully selected optional deck equipment, custom dodger/bimini, and luxurious appointments below are complimented by electrical, mechanical and plumbing system upgrades. With extremely light use (only 180 eng hrs) and professional, conscientious care, she shows as new...an exceptional value!
- GENERAL DESCRIPTION
- Her two stainless steel anchors, eye catching varnished teak cap rails and custom teak rub rails with stainless striker plates, accent the Awlgrip Flag Blue hull and gold-leaf cove stripe. She is just stunning at the dock. As a result, one almost misses the deck accessible sail locker forward. Aft, the stainless steel pushpit with custom fixed teak seats and an integral life raft cradle has been fully extended to the mid-ship gates. Other deck details include double mooring cleats mid-ship, stainless steel chocks, Schaeffer and Harken deck gear, even a center-line dingy cleat aft. But her real beauty is performance. With the Hall carbon fiber mast and full batten Doyle vectran/carbon main and matching Genoa, she is solid; and the weight savings aloft allow the sail plan to work without tenderness or excessive heal resulting in exceptionally stable performance, not seen in another Hylas 46. The folding Max prop reduces drag. Trimming is a breeze with the electric, oversize Antal winches. A carbon spinnaker pole and Doyle asymmetrical let her run down wind. In heavier conditions, she reefs easily with the Schaeffer Gamma in-boom system for the main and a Harken furler on the bow. If needed in a blow, the rugged Doyle Dacron staysail launches from a custom bag on the removable inner forestay, while running backs aft steady the rig. The center cockpit is safe and secure with a full dodger and bimini. The bimini is fitted with removable screens and clear side enclosures. Instruments above the companionway are visible to all and the helm provides great visibility and full instrumentation. There is even a wireless controller for the furling winch, starboard. A teak trimmed companionway entry leads to the teak steps and the main saloon below. When entering, you first notice the main saloon’s open feeling; then realize the sole is bamboo with teak inlay, the settee cushions are Ultra leather, the teak cabinets are custom ebony-inlay and the headliner reflects the light from the widows and added opening ports. The reading lights were all upgraded to LED’s in 2012 to match current models. With custom cabinets, a microwave, and Force 10 stove, the seven-foot galley to starboard, provides ample safe work area with light and ventilation from the additional optional opening ports, as well as access to the owners cabin aft. To port, the updated 2008 version of the outboard facing nav-station with full electrical system distribution panel; navigation and communications electronics is complete with ample desk space, storage and cut away laptop access. The swing out seat leaves the passage way aft to the owners head and cabin easily accessible. The owner’s cabin aft with queen sized centerline berth is inviting and plenty of cabinet and hanging locker space is available. The aft head is complete with teak cabinets, abundant mirrors, VacuFlush head and separate stall shower. Forward, similar accommodations are provided for guests—a 6’9” Pullman berth, ample storage, a full size Vacuflush equipped head and spacious shower. The engine and generator, as well as supporting plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems are top quality; upgrades have been made throughout. She is a beauty and with very light local use this yacht shows as new. She is ready for a boat show, your dock or adventures at sea. We invite your inspection.
- HULL and DECK
- Custom Awlgrip “Flag Blue” paint over the Hylas solid hand-layup hull with contrasting red boot stripes and gold-leaf inlay cove stripes with matching gold-leaf name and hailing port on stern. Paint and gold-leaf refreshed in Oct 2013. Epoxy base barrier coat and Shark white Micron CSC bottom paint, refreshed in Oct 2013. Varnished teak cap rails and varnished teak rub rails w/stainless striker plates, refreshed Jan 2014. SidePower electric bow thruster w/pedestal J-stick controls. (Motor upgraded to SE80 in 2013). Deck accessible sail locker with Manship stainless steel opening hatch forward, first offered in 2008. Fresh water wash-down outlet in anchor locker. Maxwell VWC 2200 electric windlass; forward chain stopper for primary chain. Deck switches; and electronic controls with chain counter at helm. Separate wired remote controls port cockpit. Primary Anchor: 60lb stainless steel Manson Supreme Satin Finish w/ 300ft of 3/8 HT chain. Secondary Anchor: 44lb stainless steel Delta w/50 ft of 3/8 HT chain and 300 ft nylon rode. 12 inch Stainless steel mooring cleats: Two pairs of cleats at bow; two pairs of cleats mid-ship; and one pair aft. All chocks are polished stainless steel and integrated into cap rail. Centerline stainless steel dingy stern cleat. 30 inch Stanchions with double lifelines, uncovered. Stainless steel stern pushpit with custom teak seats and an integral life raft cradle. The pushpit was fully extended port and starboard to the mid-ship gates. Life Raft: Winslow six-person. Custom cockpit dodger and bimini package w/ full removable clear enclosures and screens. Bimini has reinforces leather and boom window. Full Sunbrella custom boom, vang and lower mast cover; matching covers for opening deck hatches; and matching sunscreen covers for coach roof windows. Four factory mounted Wichard cockpit padeyes for safety harnessing. All hatches and opening ports are Manship polished stainless steel (4) Polished stainless steel cowl scoops with stainless steel guards for Dorade style vents. Aft hot/cold fresh water shower. Aqua signal running, steaming and anchor lighting Large stern lazarettes, port and starboard with Bailey latches. Stern “garage” storage.
- Hall, custom upgrade white Awlgrip, carbon fiber mast with storm tri-sail track . Matching Awlgrip white carbon spinnaker pole with Harken spinnaker track package. Navtec rod rigging. Schaefer Gamma furling boom with heavy duty vang . Removable/stowable quick release inner forestay and “soft” Spectra running backs. Harken Genoa furler. Spectra main halyard, spectra. Main boom topping lift. (2) Genoa halyards. Spinnaker halyard. Staysail halyard. Spinnaker pole topping lift. Harken Stand up blocks.(6): one pair coach roof and two pairs aft. Schaefer Genoa track and cars; Harken main traveler. Winches: All (8) winches are Antal stainless steel. The two oversize primary winches, and the mainsheet winch were upgraded to electric. Starboard primary has wireless control for main reefing. In addition, there are (2) secondary cockpit winches; one coach roof halyard winch; and (2) mast halyard winches.
- Doyle vectran/carbon fiber main sail with full battens. Doyle vectran/ carbon fiber 135% Genoa, sun cover. Doyle asymmetrical “runner” cruising spinnaker w/ launching sock. Doyle Dacron Staysail w/custom easy release mesh bottom Sunbrella bag. Storm trysail.
- NAVIGATION and COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- Dual station Raymarine E120 and E80 Radar/Chart plotter multi-function displays with net switch. Raymarine 2KW radome; Digital Sounding Module; GPS; and AIS receiver. Sirius weather receiver. Raymarine ST60 Wind, Boat Speed and Depth displays. Raymarine S3G autopilot computer with ST6002 control heads (helm and nav-station) and wireless remote. Raymarine linear hydraulic autopilot ram. Raymarine ST60 Graphic displays (4): nav-station, helm, owner’s cabin and guest cabin. Raymarine MOB System Ritchie 5” Compass at helm. ICom M604 Marine VHF with Command Mic’s at helm and owners cabin; hailer ICom M802 SSB Marine Transceiver with AT104 tuner. SSB 3” Copper foil counterpoise mounted port and starboard in hull f/glass lay up (2) Portable VHF handheld radios WEMA Fuel and Water Gauges with a custom legend/control at nav-station
- Fisher Panda Mini 8 Generator w/remote panel at nav-station. Mastervolt 130 Amp high output alternator w/three stage regulator. (House bank) Yanmar 80 Amp alternator (Engine start battery) Prosine 2.0 Inverter-Charger w/ remote panel Independent 40 Amp Charger Xantrex Battery monitor House batteries upgrade to four 8-D Slimline AGM’s. Lifeline 4-D (210 Ah) engine start battery, the Lifeline 4-D (210 Ah) windlass/thruster battery and a Lifeline GPL 1400 generator battery. (All were replaced in 2013). Engine battery is isolated from house bank. Emergency tie switch. 50 Amp 125V Shore power connector DEI Galvanic Isolator wired into shore power grounding circuit. Tinned electrical wiring Air conditioning electrical service was factory installed An additional 30 amp house outlet circuit was added for non-inverted loads. Marinco 12DC marine outlets for cell phone charging added throughout.
- BELOW DECKS
- Interior Custom teak cabinetry: All passageway doors have raised panels and louvers in lowest panel section for ventilation. All doors and cabinets are accented with ebony inlay. The standard fiddles were replaced with custom, double round and grooved sections. Bamboo sole with teak accent throughout. Integral ducting for air conditioning was added and hidden in the cabinetry. All upholstery was upgraded to Ultra Leather or Ultra Suede. Solid teak handrails throughout the interior for easy movement offshore Manship stainless steel overhead hatches in both cabins and main saloon; opening ports throughout for excellent ventilation. Positive locking cabin sole pieces for offshore passage making. All cabinet interiors are finished; hanging lockers with cedar. Removable headliners. Custom mesh lee cloths and attachments for owner’s berth (2), guest berth and the main saloon sea berth. Two optional opening ports were added to the cockpit: nav-station port and galley starboard. Two optional opening ports were added aft, in owner’s cabin over berth. Ocean air screen/shade for hatch aft in owner’s cabin and guest cabin. Both heads were upgraded to fresh water Vacuflush systems w/tank monitors and Sealand macerator systems. Marinco 12VDC marine outlets added throughout the interior. Main Saloon Teak dinette table is hand selected burl with removable leaf ; table drops to create double berth. Two matching teak, folding stools. Full length starboard settee pulls out an additional 9" for a wide sea berth. Extensive storage under all seating areas and behind the dinette and settee. Teak outboard facing navigation station with custom cabinetry, complete with ample desk space, storage and cut away laptop access; and swing out seat. Double walk through passageway aft, offering optimal ventilation and movement throughout the interior. Galley Galley is over 7' in length, offering total safety with room to brace on either tack while offshore Ample cabinets, storage lockers and pantry and drawers for cutlery, cookware, and food storage Slide out trash container with positive locking door Force 10 three burner stove with Xintex propane monitor and two sensors Independent Frigoboat 12v systems for Freezer and Refrigerator compartments with thermostatic controls and gauges. Both compartments have top-opening and front access. Stainless steel backed counter top over stove expands counter space and recesses behind stove for cooking. Owners Aft Stateroom Split mattress queen size centerline berth with accompanying starboard side settee. Raymarine ST60 Graphic remote display and ICom VHF remote Command mic on port bulkhead . Port and Starboard side hanging lockers with optional removable shelves. Full length deep hanging locker centerline. Portside vanity with fold up mirror and drawer with three separate cabinets Forward Guest Cabin Full double Pullman style berth, 6'9" in length Raymarine ST60 Graphic repeater display on port bulkhead. Starboard side dressing mirror, drawers and hanging locker cabinets Cabinets above the berth and expanded storage below with top and front access.
- Mechanical Yanmar 75hp 4 cylinder turbo diesel engine with cockpit controls and complete alarm system SidePower electric bow thruster w/pedestal J-stick controls. (Motor upgraded to SE80 in 2013). Max-Prop folding prop upgrade. The original fixed prop is included as a back-up. PYI Dripless shaft seal—replaced in 2013. Dual Racor diesel fuel filtration system allowing independent filtering Walborough secondary in-line fuel pump, which allows bypass fuel polishing and eliminates engine fuel bleeding. Engine room fire retardant sound insulation Electric oil change pump for Engine, Transmission and Generator. Plumbing & Tankage 205 Gallons of Water capacity in three stainless steel tanks . 100 Gallons of Fuel capacity in two stainless steel tanks. All tanks have stainless steel dip sticks and large ports with easy access for inspection and cleaning. WEMA Fuel and Water Gauges at nav-station with a custom legend/control panel. Two independent freshwater pumps. Independent fresh water hand pump in galley. A Seagull inline drinking water filter and dedicated faucet in galley. Factory installed plumbing and wiring for a water maker. Bonded bronze thru-hull fittings. Two independent bilge pump systems: one Rule system, one Par system. A flexible secondary bilge pump extension, and switch was added for evacuating nuisance bilge water and rinsing with fresh water. 10 gallon hot water heater heated via engine driven system or AC supply. Two holding tanks, one forward and one aft for each head.
- Alpine AM/FM/CD/DVD stereo with remote control. Sirius XM SAT Radio/Weather receiver Main saloon headliner speakers; aft cabin speakers w/ controller; and cockpit speakers w/ separate controler Television: Discretely hidden on an electric lift starboard in the main saloon cabinets. Glomex digital mast mounted antenna Deck mounted cable TV service inlet
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.