- 35 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
Will Trade Up or Down For Larger CC, Yellowfin, Sea Vee, etc.
On The Rocks is a prime example of the elegance and functionality serious anglers’ demand. She embodies the structural stability and design characteristics of a production boat and still achieves similar performance numbers and aesthetic values found in customs boats. This 35ft express is small enough for a single owner to operate and yet is still a large enough platform for a tournament crew to work the pit. The low center of gravity coupled with an aggressive hull entry provide a smooth ride in the roughest of conditions. On The Rocks is rigged and ready for South Florida Tournament fishing. Three separate live wells with plenty of water circulation keep your baits alive longer. A gorgeous teak Rocket Launcher is centered in the pit with holders for 8 rods. The total number of rod holders on the boat is 20.
This boat went through a complete refit throughout 2012 sparing no expense.
- Complete professional refit completed by CAY Marine 2012 - Upgrades include: Paint New Garmins at lower helm and Tower Owner reports all engine services completed as recommended by Yanmar. Teak Deck Removable live wells 7/2014 - Recent Upgrades: 16,000 BTU A/C with cockpit vents at the helm New Sea Strainers with new lines and hose clamps New A/C duck work and grilles throughout the vessel New LED interior lights New cable management in engine room including new container box lining New interior wall paneling New tower accent lighting New galley floor New shower and sink faucets New shower trims New stove top
- Performance Numbers
- Full load of fuel and water. Seas were calm Trolling speed- 650-800 RPM <4GPH> 4-6kts Slow cruise- 2750-2850 RPM <23GPH> 22-24kts Engine Temp 175* Normal Cruise- 2950-2050 RPM <26GPH> 25-27kts Engine Temp 175* WOT 3200 RPM (No fuel burn #’s; I saw 31kts) Engine Temp 184*
- Vessel Walkthrough
- This is a must see to appreciate vessel. A beautifully crafted teak cockpit with custom rocket launcher and over 200 gallons of live bait storage all within a few steps. There are rod holders extending up the tower legs, across the transom, and perfectly stacked on the rocket launcher. Under the gunnels, you will find 12/24v volt outlets for electric reels, 6 ft. swing down hatches for storage, LED lights, and a tuna door. Between the cockpit and the helm, you will find an insulated bait and freezer box to the starboard and a refrigerated rigging station to the port. There is also tackle storage under both side stations. Probably the best feature of any express model is the accessibility of the cockpit from the helm. Centered perfectly on the boat, there is excellent panoramic visibility for the captain while running and fishing. The captain can stand watch at the helm and in one step, turn around and grab the rod that’s line just came crashing down off the Rupp rigger. On either side of the helm, you will find brand new treated leather upholstered seating with built in cup holders. The leather material repels all stains, water, and mildew common to destroying outside upholstery. Walk down the companionway and find a head and shower (single stall) directly to the port side. Moving forward is a galley with refrigerator, microwave, and burner. Plenty of storage can be found for typical kitchen appliances. Moving forward is a 3 sided V-Berth for sleeping quarters. 18,000 BTU of AC will keep you resting comfortably at night in the heat of summer. Downstairs, you will also find couch seating and the main AC/DC circuit board w/ generator start. Moving back outside, you access to the engine room is a hydraulic hatch with toggle switch located under the gunnel. There is very easy access to all the main systems requiring routine maintenance. Make sure to take a look at the picture below of the engine room, there is plenty of room even on the outside of the main engines to move and work. The generator is located centerline just under the stairs leading down to the engine compartment. What personally caught my eye when entering the engine room is the custom designed air intake/filtration boxes (similar to Delta T system) they virtually eliminate any salt water from entering the engine room. There is still plenty of air circulation and the motors are not starved for air, according to the mechanic. This feature, along with meticulous care by a loving owner is responsible for a VERY CLEAN engine rooms. Upon my numerous inspections, never was oil found on the diapers located on the engine beds.
- Main Salon
- Varnished teak interior Teak and Holly flooring flatscreen TV Double Berth forward Storage drawers Hanging locker Sofa with storage underneath 12V fresh water system Interior lighting Port and starboard bow lockers Enclosed head with shower, vanity and sink
- Corian counter top Varnished TEAK Cabinetry (NEW) Norcold refrigerator (NEW) Princess electric cook top Sharp microwave/convection oven Storage Locker Stainless steel sink Drawer storage 110V outlet
- Master Stateroom
- Large queen size sleeping area located in forward V berth. Storage lockers located on either side suitable for clothes up as well as rod storage. Varnished TEAK Cabinetry Overhead lighting Mirror head board Reading lights A/C with controls Flat screen TV
- Bait rigging and prep station. Insulated and refrigerated boxes both port and starboard Tackle Storage underneath refrigeration boxes: port and starboard Under gunnel LED lights Electric reel outlets on both sides on gunnels set up for 12v Kite rods and 24V deep dropping rods Large in deck fish box aft of Rocket launcher (macerated) JL Audio speakers NEW TEAK DECK 2012
- Electronics and Helm
- Located midships and centered is a Palm Beach style helm pod with hydraulic electronics lift hatch. This gives the command station a clean and easy to operate functionality. There is also access through the port side helm station to the hatch lift toggle switch, circuit breakers, all the electronic wiring, and a portable fire extinguisher. Lower Helm: (NEW)New GARMIN GPS MAP 5212 w/ 1Kw transducer (NEW) SIMRAD Autopilot AP-22 (NEW) A/C vents Clarion Head Unit ICOM M-504 VHF Instrument Panel Yanmar Electronic Engine Displays Ritchie Compass Tower Helm: (NEW) GARMIN GPS MAP 4208 (NEW) SIMRAD Autopilot AP-22 Backup Furuno GPS ICOM Hand Held VHF Radio Electronic Controls w/ SYNC CLARION Head Unit Ritchie Compass
- (NEW) 2012 6 KW Northern lights gen set 308 hours Lugger fuel filter system (extended use) AC/DC Electrical Distribution Panel NEW Battery Charger Battery Condition Indicator Battery Switch Bonded Electrical System Cabin Lights 12V/110V Circuit Protection Throughout Engine Room Lights NEW 2013 Heavy Duty Marine Batteries Navigation Lights, International Receptacles 110V Duplex Reverse Polarity Indicator Shore Power Cord, Dual 30 AMP Underwater lights Spreader lights (2 aft, 1 forward) CRUISAIR AC System ProNautic Air Cycle System
- Engine Details & Mechanical Equipment
- Yanmar 440 hp 6 cylinder 6LY2A-STP* 1900 hrs Recent Upgrades: Exhaust elbows, aftercoolers, etc. Yanmar 440 hp 6 cylinder 6LY2A-STP 1900 hrs Recent Upgrades: Exhaust elbows, aftercoolers, heat exchangers, valves adjustments New 2012 reconditioned, balanced and prop speed added to props New 2012 ZF controls with new head units and microprocessors Racor fuel/water separators, engines and generator Overboard waste system Fire suppression system Dripless shaft seals (NEW 2012) REVERSO oil change system Bronze rudders Bronze struts A/C pumps Running gear was pulled, serviced, and reconditioned. The bottom was also recently soda blasted and repainted with 4 layers of Interlux.
- Brokers Comments
- Give yourself peace of mind when out on the water. On The Rocks is perfect in every sense of the word; every possible mechanical, electrical, and cosmetic component has been upgraded in 2012 and 2014. She is a truly turnkey vessel ready for new ownership. THIS IS NOT A PROJECT BOAT. If you are looking to purchase a boat and head out on the water, make it a point to see for yourself “On The Rocks” She’s a real head turner
- Mechanical Disclaimer
- * Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.