- 38 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
The "Vixen" is a tandem center-board, shoal draft, cutter rigged cruising sailboat. With the center board up it draws only 3', excellent for cruising shallow waters. Interior spaces are well designed, with good use of space. Two separate staterooms are found, with single head and separate shower stall. The galley has amenities for extended cruising (deep freezer, 3 burner propane stove) which makes this Krogen an ideal liveaboard or Island hopper. Extremely spacious with lots of storage areas.
Owner just had the engine serviced on 12/23/13 and had all necessary items taken care of for routine engine maintenance.
This boat won't last long on the market, if you've been looking for a Krogen for a long time, don't waste time because it will go fast. Owner wants her sold NOW and is looking at any/all reasonable offers.
- Sails and Rigging
- M ainsail: North Sails Main, Replaced in 2009 Headsail: North Sails Genoa, Replaced in 2001 Stay Sail Spinnaker- (Needs cleaning) Two (2) Lewmar 44, two speed jib sheet winches: . Lewmar 7 jib furling winch: Lewmar 10 main sheet winch: Barient 21, two speed halyard winch. Two (2) Lewmar 7, single speed halyard winches Harken roller furler
- Walk-thru interior layout
- Starting in the bow is a forward double v-berth. It features a hanging locker plus drawer storage and a private vanity with sink. Next aft is the spacious head with a separate shower stall and seat. Aft of the head is the salon. It has a U-shaped settee to port with a teak table that drops down to create a double berth. When open, the table can accomodate up to 8 around it. Also features a separate couch on the starboard side with more teak storage above and a CD player. The salon also has beautiful Kerosene lamps throughout. Next is the teak trimmed galley on the starboard side. Its a practical layout with plenty of storage. There is a three burner range with oven, refrigeration and a freezer. Aft to port is the spacious master suite. It has a large double berth with access to the engine under the bed, a private vanity, hanging locker and mirrored vanity.
- Additional Information
- The engine was rebuilt in 2009, with exhaust repair in Nov. of 2008. Bottom anti-fouling paint was renewed in 2011. Draft is 3'-2" with boards up, 6'-8" with boards down Features Ten (10) bronze alloy, opening type ports Stainless steel dinghy davits are mounted to the transom, with block and tackle type lifting apparatus Stainless steel framed dodger with Sunbrella type canvas There is a solar panel on cockpit top but is not functioning properly at this time. Also features a stainless steel Ratelco coal powered fireplace Main anchor is plow type, approx. 45 lbs. Spare anchor is Danorth type
- Broker Comments
- Vixen is a solid blue water cruising boat with gorgeous teak interior. It does need cosmetic work including a new bottom paint job and hull paint (paint is peeling). Some of the sails will need to be cleaned. Will also need a new GPS unit (current owner used a handheld).
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Out of State Buyers can buy and use their boat in Beautiful Florida for 180 Days with No Florida Sales/Use Tax - Ask me how! Contact the broker Susan Chaplin at 239-571-2365 for questions on this beauty.