- 53 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
This beautiful 53' underwent a comprehensive cosmetic and mechanical refit during the last several years. Her new interior boasts new granite countertops, rich teak wood panels, custom tables and light fixtures. Navigation and entertainment electronics (Bose Stereo). A second generator was added in 2008. The heads are power flush toilets. Carpet and padding were new in 2012. There is also a satellite TV system and a water maker.
The current owners purchased the boat in August 2013 and have meticulously gone through the boat so it is ready to cruise and fish. The owners intended to cruise the Gulf coast and have worked for the last 5 months to make sure the boat is safe, trust worthy, and dependable….not to mention beautiful. They made the decision to move up in size to accommodate not only a captain but also guests for cruising. If this were spring the owners would feel confident to head to South Padre, Florida, or the Flower Gardens. The 1980 Hatteras sport fish was the last year that Hatteras produced this classic sport fishing boat. This boat is structurally a tank which was built at a time when longevity and durability were more important than speed. It will cruise all day at 18 to 20 knots. This boat is said to be one of those special boats that “raises fish”. Don’t forget the underwater fish lights…they don’t hurt either.
This is a beautiful fishing and cruising boat with some of the most reliable and serviceable engines (12V71TI) ever utilized by Hatteras. These are durable work horse engines that have been rebuilt at least once. These engines have been fully surveyed in August 2013 and the survey is available for review. From the top down this boat is custom and in excellent shape not only mechanically and electronically but interior has been completely redone. The galley is currently being upgraded to include a new under counter refrigerator, microwave, etc.
- This beautiful 53' underwent a comprehensive cosmetic and mechanical refit during the last several years. Her new interior boasts new granite countertops, rich teak wood panels, custom tables and light fixtures. Navigation and entertainment electronics (Bose Stereo). A second generator was added in 2008. The heads are power flush toilets. Carpet and padding were new in 2012. There is also a satellite TV system and a water maker. The salon is equipped with custom sofas and huge flat screen TV
- The interior is custom with granite throughout, custom cabinets, custom sofas that allow you to not only take great naps but they are heavy duty as well as comfortable. You can cruise at 18 to 20 knots offshore, turn on your satellite TV, listen to your Bose sound system, sit back and have a conversation all while you lounge in your custom sofas. In the middle is a custom combo dining and coffee table with hydraulic lift. The salon is highlighted by custom murals giving you a feeling you are anchoring in the Keys. Large goose down feather sofas Granite countertops Sony flat screen TV Bose Surround sound and cockpit speaker control AM/FM/CD stereo DDS Satellite dish receiver KVHM Bar area starboard U-line ice maker Bronze clock Bronze Barometer Custom tinted windows Custom high low table
- The dinette is seating for 4 with full storage below the seats and large cabinets for more storage. There is also shelf storage below the porthole The table is a custom wooden table to compliment the custom high low table in the salon. the floors are custom hardwood floors. The dinette and the kitchen are located down which allows for a room and spacious salon. New portholes were installed in 2011.
- Owner is completing the installation of new refrigerator/freezer drawers and a new microwave making the galley roomy and functional. There are wood floors which were installed in 2008. There is a princess 3 burner stove and oven. There is an under mounted stainless steel sink with granite countertops. Ample storage with custom cabinets. The counters are granite & custom butcher block.
- Master Stateroom
- Queen berth New memory foam mattress Jan 1014 (never utilized) Mirrored headboard with storage above Overhead individual reading lamps Large cedar lined hanging locker Night stand Drawer storage Teak trim New flatscreen TV (2014) Carpeting new in 2012 New A/C controls and A/C unit
- Master Head
- Full ensuite head with new toilet, granite tops, teak/holly flooring, granite counter and full size shower which easily accommodates current 6'3" owner. It additionally has custom window covering.
- The v-berth has sleeping bunks for two with private closet and ample storage. There is access to the anchor locker as well has access to the guest head which is equipped with head, toilet and sink. It is also equipped with rod hangers.
- The bridge has new Garmin electronics including GPS and Radar. The canvas and Eisinglass is in good shape and fully functional (zippers all work and roll up panels work). The bridge has beautiful captain chairs and a soft top. New gauges have been installed on the boat. Helm seats Murray Brothers Ladder Back all white chairs Gauges new in 2011 Custom Pipewelders flybridge access ladder with rod holders Wheel steering (28") Custom rail Flybridge enclosures Simrad "autopilot (2011) Furuno ST60 Triadata depth/speed (2011) Clarion AM/FM/CD (speakers new 2011) Instrument panel new 2011 Icom M127 VHF radio Compass Jabsco search light with new controller (2013) Marlin tower Engine controls Glendinning Syncronizer
- Electrical System
- 110v/220v AC electrical system 12v/24v/32v electrical system with new 40 amp battery charger for the 32v system Westerbeke generator new in 2006 with 1500 hrs Lester Pieter generator with approx 1800 hrs Dockside electrical cable; Batteries new 2011 Dual Racor filters for generators Completely rewired split panel 2011
- Mechanical Equipment
- Fire control system new 2006 Oil transfer system New engine room gauges 2011 Air induction system, Air Sep New Tommy Slane side air intake vents 3 new bilge pumps Fireboy Halon certified in 2013 Fresh water cooling systems Air conditioners flushed 2013 Start/Stop switch Steering system with new rudder table with hoses 2006 New power steering pump 2011
- The vessel was completely repainted in December 2006 Full fitting spray/lifting rail Hull was stripped and two part epoxy used to seal hull and lifting rails Full size stainless steel bow rail A set of dinghy chocks will be provided for the new owners installation 1000 capacity Davit with extending arm
- Fighting chair (Murray Brothers) New cockpit coaming pads Two huge fish boxes; Fish boxes equipped with separate macerator pumps Cockpit lighting 4 Underwater lights Stainless steel refrigerator Fresh and saltwater wash down Live well Sink and numerous tackle storage drawers
- Dingy and dingy outboard Custom chocks to be removed Ice chipper (Eskimo Ice Machine) Boating supplies, accessories and tools not custom or unique or specific to this boat
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Galati Yacht Sales has been committed to exceeding the expectations of its customers for more than 42 years, and we understand that purchasing a boat is a big decision. Our professional staff is here to assist you in every way – before, during and after the sale. Please feel free to contact us with any questions that you may have. Helpful Links: Finance | Insurance | Deals and Specials | Sell Your Yacht