- 35 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
The 34' Odyssey construction follows the finest yacht standards. She is built of cold-molded, epoxy saturated African mahogany plywood that was custom made for us in Greece. The framing is African mahogany and clear fir. This construction method creates a light, fast boat that will be economical to run. The epoxy saturation technique, or WEST SYSTEM®,(see link below) means less maintenance than a fiberglass hull. We selected a modified lobster boat hull form for both seaworthiness and speed. The shapely hull features a sharp entry, full flaring bow, and a varnished tumblehome transom.
A cutaway skeg and strut with airfoil sections deliver a smooth water flow to the prop. This efficient arrangement protects the prop from debris. To create a quiet boat, we selected an aft engine placement with a V-drive. Benefits include an excellent shaft angle, perfect balance, and top performance. Before starting construction, we built a 1/8 scale, radio-controlled model to test this new design, and tune the dynamic interaction of the prop, skeg, and rudder.
Paired with the deep airfoil rudder, the airfoil skeg produces a powerful turning moment at high speed, yet its area is just right to allow the boat to bank its turns. The boat tracks straight in all conditions. The long shallow skeg extending to the bow assists with low speed handling. Finally, the bow thruster allows you to dock and undock with ease. This single engined 34' design cruises at speeds from 20 to 30 knots. The hull is very stable, yet cuts through a sharp inshore chop quietly and smoothly.
GENTLY USED AND METICULOUSLY MAINTINED OVER TEN YEARS WITH ONLY 275 HOURS ON YANMAR TURBO-DIESEL ENINGE. CHECK OUT THE PHOTOS TO SEE EXQUISITE CUSTOM WOODWORK AND UNIQUE SEATING ARRANGEMENT IN THIS ONE OF A KIND EXPRESS CRUISER.
- Main Salon & Galley
- Galley to starboard Dinette to port Single Sink - Fiberglass Stove – Propane, 2 burner Oven – Propane 40 Liter Water Heater – 2002 Corian Countertops Sole Material – Teak Storage Cabinets
- Master Stateroom & Head
- Forward to full berth
- Deck & Hull
- Anchor – FX 23 – Fortress, 200’ Bow Thruster Swim Platform Windshield Wipers Fender w/Lines Bottom Paint – 2013 Teak Deck Material Hull is planked over Khaya Mahogany frames
- Electronics & Helm
- Depth sounder - Standard Knot Meter – JRC, Nobeltec 4kw Radar Simrad Auto Pilot Ritchie Navigation Compass Jabsco Search Light with Remote Trim Tabs Hydraulic Control
- Shore Power – 30 Amps Isolator Switch Batteries – 2, 1 Start Battery Charger Battery for Thruster All batteries charged off inverter
- Engine Details & Mechanical Equipment
- Hours on engine 295 Horsepower 400 Yanmar model 6LY2A-STP year 2001
- Safety Equipment
- Sniffers – Trident Bilge Pumps – 4
- Window Covers Cockpit Cover Custom Wood Cold Mold Pram
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.