- 85 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
The DONALD R is ready to take you away and escape the daily grind. She’s in tip top shape and ready to leave port for new and exciting adventures! This 1943 Antique Classic from Puget Sound Bridge & Dredging company is ocean going and has had many custom upgrades to make your trip safe and comfortable. The DONALD R has been meticulously converted from a working tug to a beautiful yacht with lots of power! From fishing, diving or cruising locally or at sea.
The DONALD R is ‘one of three tugs manufactured for basic defense as well as the private projects of their owners.’ An exceptional amount of Alaskan Yellow Cedar was used in construction, appearing in the tops of all frames, in bulwarks, sponsons, sheer strake and most of the house. – Pacific Motor Boat, Dec 1942
- Vessel Walkthrough
- The substantial construction of the Donald R, is shown by specs that include frames of double 5” flitch to 20” centers, and fir planking 2.5” net. The hulls are sheathed with iron bark from a foot below the light waterline up to guard from end to end. Accommodations include 3 staterooms plus crew quarters. The galley has been completely remodeled with all the amenities of home! The rear deck has been customized to include an outdoor patio to enjoy sunsets at dinner. Below decks is the engine room with main power plant and various accessories. From the main deck a passage leads up on the port side to a roomy pilot house which has full engine controls. The Wheelhouse has been completely upgraded and remodeled for comfort and function. An extra steering control is also installed at the aft end of this deck for docking. The Donald R has been refurbished from top to bottom and is in tip top shape ready to take out on the new Captain’s dream adventure!
- Main Salon and Galley
- As you enter the Galley from the Aft Deck you step into a warm and comfortable place to hang out with family and guests. Many great meals have been prepared, served and enjoyed here. The Galley is equipped with an oil fired Range/Oven, Fridge/Freezer, Microwave and double sinks, all in stainless steel finish! All cabinets have sliding organizer drawers installed.
- Master Stateroom
- The Master Stateroom is to starboard forward and has its own private Head with bathtub/shower.
- Guest Staterooms
- Both Guest Staterooms are on the starboard side and have a shared head with shower.
- The Aft Deck has been transformed into a patio dining area, just outside the galley. It has its own wet bar and is spacious and opened.
- Electronics and Helm
- 2 complete Nav systems on board. GPS Big Bays Plotters – Noble Tech Softwear Noble Tech 48 mile radar Simrad Auto Pilot VHF Radio Ross Depth Sounder Knot Meter Compass Rose Search Light Beautiful wood work/construction throughout
- 2 Generators 5kw 110v DC 8kw Northern Lights 16kw Northern Lights Main Generator 110v DC Cruise Generator 40 amp 110v DC Custom Charger 110v Inverter 12v Inverter 20 – 6v 110 DC house batteries 4 – 12v Start Batteries
- Engine Details & Mechanical Equipment
- 6 – 1943 Washington Ironworks Diesel Engines, 6 cyl, 375 hp, Model X6R160 1 gallon per mile at 8 knots. 100,000 hours on engine Village Marine Water Maker 60gph Manifold Emergency Pump System Deck wash-down pumps fore and aft Large inventory of tools and spare parts Complete Parts overhaul for main engine 50 Gallon Water Heater
- Other Comments
- Masterflush heads with macerator Heat is hot water central 3 zone Ice Maker Wet Bar Window covers throughout for the Wheelhouse and brightwork Ebirbs Emergency Satellite TV Onboard
- A 14’ Dory and a restored 16’Reinell, with an 18hp Johnson outboard.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.