The Viking 75 Motor Yacht is a work in progress, but the renderings provide a glimpse of its special features and spacious accommodations. The tri-level layout demonstrates an intelligent use of space with accents on family comfort and usability. Twin molded fiberglass staircases lead from the teak planked swim platform to the aft deck with its U-shape lounge and table, a perfect invitation for al fresco dining at the yacht club, or on the hook in Nantucket Harbor.
- MANUFACTURER PROVIDED DESCRIPTION
- “What goes around comes around” is a popular saying of Viking’s co-founder and president, Bill Healey, and one that emerges again as Viking announces plans to build its new 75 Motor Yacht. Viking exited the motor yacht market with the last 60 Cockpit Sport Yacht delivered in 2001. This model was a strong performer and during its reign was recognized by Boating magazine as the publication’s Boat of the Year in 1995. Much has changed in the motor yacht arena over the past decade and the development of the new 75 Motor Yacht, a strategic collaboration between the Viking Yacht design team and the firm of Michael Peters Yacht Design of Sarasota, Florida, reflects a number of innovations and refinements in this portion of the market. The exterior profile is sleek, curvy and embodies a number of style cues from our convertibles including the teardrop salon windows, and distinctive molded feature lines in the hull and superstructure. The fiberglass hardtop and raked side supports replicates the look of our Sky Bridge, a very popular appointment found aboard many of our enclosed bridge convertibles. An integrated molded swim platform is planked with teak for secure footing for boarding, as well as water sports activities. Shapely port lights and master stateroom hull side windows contribute style and function, and the full wrap-around anodized aluminum bow rail and wide side decks make for convenient passage when moving forward to handle dock lines or anchoring. As always, a new Viking starts with a freshly designed hull to take full advantage of the available power so as to perform to our formidable standards. The 75 Motor Yacht will have a convertible running surface to not only utilize the available horsepower to its best advantage for speed and efficiency, but also for ease of handling and sea-keeping ability. These elements will be major differences between our 75 MY and other motor yachts of similar and even longer LOA. The first boat, which will deliver in early fall of 2014 will have a pair of C32-A Caterpillars developing 1,925 mhp each. Our calculations indicate a 30 knot cruise and a top end in the mid-30 knot range. With this kind of speed, longer distances can be comfortably covered in a day’s run opening up new cruising areas and expanding opportunities for traveling in motor yacht fashion. The Viking 75 Motor Yacht is a work in progress, but the renderings provide a glimpse of its special features and spacious accommodations. The tri-level layout demonstrates an intelligent use of space with accents on family comfort and usability. Twin molded fiberglass staircases lead from the teak planked swim platform to the aft deck with its U-shape lounge and table, a perfect invitation for al fresco dining at the yacht club, or on the hook in Nantucket Harbor. A glass door slides open to the salon and you are greeted with the warmth of hand-finished teak joinery, and the rich textures of designer fabrics and soft leathers balanced with natural lighting that feeds in from the salon windows. A custom made sofa and cocktail table on the port side faces teak cabinetry with a built-in entertainment center and flat screen television, which rises on an electric lift. Moving forward, the center area combines a formal dining area with seating for eight, and a galley capably equipped to turn out anything from a shrimp cocktail to a 20-pound roast. A lower helm station is complemented with an electronic navigation and communication package provided by Viking sister company Atlantic Marine Electronics. The helm area features a pair of leather seats and additional seating is available at the port settee. Lounge seating also is provided forward on the main exterior deck, along with a large sun pad making this a most versatile area at the dock or under way. Below, accommodations include five nicely proportioned staterooms, each with its own head and shower, including a full beam master suite and crew quarters with private access from the stern. Topside, the flying bridge deck is ideal for entertaining and relaxing with multiple lounges, a wet bar and grilling area and a centerline helm. The Viking 75 Motor Yacht will have its inaugural appearance at the 2014 Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show. We invite you to follow the building of this new model as it progresses with regular updates here on our web page and in upcoming email blasts.
- PHOTO NOTE
- ***ALL PHOTOS ARE OF SISTERSHIP***
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Please contact us at any of the following locations: Miami Beach, FL – 305-856-8486 Dania Beach, FL – 954-926-0400 West Palm Beach, FL – 561-833-6060 Palm Beach Gardens, FL – 561-775-6000 North Palm Beach, FL - 561-799-9590 Stuart, FL - 772-692-7900 Port Salerno, FL - 772-678-4021 Jacksonville, FL – 904-221-2228 Charleston, SC - 843-577-3470