- 40 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- D6-IPS 500
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
This 40z is ISO Certified Category A Ocean…one of only two 40 foot designs in the world to earn this endorsement for seaworthiness & safety. The other is the Nordhavn 40. No other competing down east design of any size is certified higher than Category B. With its twilight grey metallic Awlcraft finish, GRATEFUL is the most photographed MJM afloat…and at nearly $400,000 under replacement, is the best value in a pre-owned MJM Yacht on the market today. This was MJM founder Bob Johnstone's personal boat displayed at Miami and Palm Beach Boatshows. Now it is conveniently located in Naples FL, stored inside at the Hamilton Harbor Yacht Club. It is IPS 500 powered by twin Volvo Penta 370 HP D6s with it's magical joystick docking system. This quiet running boat has a top speed of 38+ knots and can cruise in great control and comfort at 33-34 knots. The 40z is the perfect 2-person cruising boat (with accommodations for 4 more) that's a joy to drive and burns half the fuel of similar sized boats.
- OLYMPIC GOLD HISTORY
- GRATEFUL is the best value of a 40z on the market today. The primary design goal for the 40z was to create a 40 foot powerboat that could cruise at 33-34 knots and have great comfort for two, yet would handle like a 30-footer at idle speeds in tricky docking situations. GRATEFUL's owner, after five seasons cruising in Florida and New England with his younger family now finds himself globe-trotting after his All-American and Gold Medalist daughter on the US Women's Soccer Team and his intercollegiate squash playing son as well as his other offspring. Since there are no longer the same chances to get them aboard cruising, he's asked MJM to find a new home GRATEFUL so that it may offer the same joy to another family. Olympic Gold Medals are not guaranteed. Unique Features -Side-opening doors (P&S) overcome a common problem, getting aboard or getting off when handling docklines. - Single-level seating on deck for as many as 15 at cocktail time or for a family picnic...and (this is unusual for any boat under 50 feet) seating below for dining or an office with well ventilated space, having two opening ports in the hull. - Roll-up side/aft curtains and fully-opening windshields to create a versatile "Summer Porch" setting to suit conditions. - Biggest island berth in boating with truly separate shower plus a convertible guest cabin with over/under berths and pilothouse settes to sleep a total of 6.
- Teak and Thiokol Decking Hardtop suitable for a diving platform or sunbathing. Sunscreen privacy curtains (8) cover pilothouse windows all-round to convert the area to a stateroom at night with two single berths. 3-Piece cockpit cover to protect teak. Full width stern seat. Vent hatches over helm seats Three (3) opening forward windshields for unobstructed sightlines at night or in fog...and for optimum airflow on hot days. Two 36" Wide Stidd helm seats on adjustable swivel base that rotate and drop to form living room side chairs during cocktail hour. 24" varnished Destroyer Wheel for the best "at one with the boat" driving experience. Swim Platform accessed from cockpit through transom door. Armstrong Custom single telescoping post swim ladder w/wide steps suitable for climbing with swim fins. Port and starboard settees w/storage under suitable for bicycles, etc. Varnished teak table with leaf for 24" x 36" dining for four with two locations in pilothouse and cockpit.
- Raymarine Remote VHF Mic Kahlenberg Twin Trumpet compresed air horn for Mega Yacht impact Raymarine E125 Hybrid Touchscreen Display & Plotter (2012 Upgrade) 4KW HD Digital Raymarine Radar with Overlay Display (2012 Upgrade) Raymarine Depth Display Raymarine Autopilot Raymarine AIS System with Supplemental VHF Antenna Weems & Plath Ships Bell Clock & Barometer Sirius Weather Receiver
- Avon Redcrest Inflatable Dinghy w/Seat & Oars 2 HP Honda Outboard Motor with Integral Gas Tank USCG Safety Gear Cleaning Gear Docklines & Fenders
- GALLEY & CONVERTIBLE GUEST STATEROOM
- Galley: High-Gloss Teak & Holy flooring for easy cleaning Two Drawer stainless steel refrigerator Portable 110V Ice Maker 2-Burner Ceramic Stove Top Built-in Microwave Corian countertop High Polish Stainless Steel Sink Storage Drawers (3) for Flatware, Utensils and Roll Goods Opening ports (2), Overhead Vent Hatches (2) SS Overhead Grab Bar. Galley Gear including Flatware, Bowls, Plates, Glasses, etc. Convertible Double Over/Under Pullman Stateroom Two-leaf table for dining, games and office…also fits in two deck sockets. Pullman Curtain w/zipper opening, anchors to overhead to create private cabin at night. Ideal for kids. Electrical Panel Two large viewing ports at eye level. Claire Murray decorative area rug
- TV & STEREO SYSTEM
- Satellite KVH System Receiver with Direct TV Bose/Clarion Sound System for forward stateroom, main cabin, Pilothouse, and cockpit w/ eight speakers and sub-woofers. Clarion Stereo System w/ CD changer , Ipod/MP3 jack, 400W amplifier 22" LED Samsung TV, in main saloon. 26" LED Samsung TB in forward stateroom with DVD Player Sirius Sat Radio 50 foot Marina Cable TV Connection Cable
- FORWARD STATEROOM
- Raised 68"x78" centerline berth Two overhead deck hatches. Forward hatch serves as escape hatch, to watch the stars, and to avoid the claustrophobic feel of the typical forward berth and to be able to adjust anchor at night in a crowded harbor without having to go on deck. Designer Custom Throw Pillows All lights circuits on dimmers Screens and hatches with Ocean Air combination screen/shades 26" Samsung TV
- HEAD & SHOWER
- Dual purpose, double entry head and shower to port with Vacuflush head system. Allows all berth areas private access to head without having to walk through a sleeping area. Separate stall shower to starboard with seat. Both with opening portlight and overhead vent hatches. Custom LL Bean Navy Bath Set with Red GRATEFUL Monogram.
- PROPULSION, GENERATOR, AIR
- Twin Volvo-Penta D6 370hp IPS 500 with Joystick Docking with 825 hours and recent oil/filter/drive maintenance completed Northern Lights 6kW 1800rpm 3 cylinder Generator Two MarineAir Air Conditioning 16000 BTU units for the Bridgedeck and Interior. New Batteries 2014
- THE MOST FUEL EFFICIENT
- 21 gallons per hour at 25 knots, or 1.2 nautical miles per gallon with twin 370 hp Volvo D6 diesels and IPS DuoProp 500 drives. By way of comparison: Power & Motor Yacht Magazine boat tests show the Sea Ray Sundancer 40 consumes 29 gph (.86 nmpg) at that speed, while a Cabo 40 or East Bay 45 consumes 37 gph (.68 nmpg) at 25 knots. Close to home, you’ll average 6-7 gallons per hour on fill-up… or less than $30 per hour of general use. For example, after 32 hours of running time over 5 weeks with 3 trips, expect to burn about 210 gallons, averaging 6.6 gph of general use. You could put another 16 hours on the boat and still have 10% of the 350 gallons left. That's quite remarkable for a powerboat of this size. The 40z carries 350 US Gallons of fuel.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.