- 26 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
This Atlantic Boat 26' Duffy Mid Harbor Launch built in 2007 and commissioned in 2011 has been run as a 24 seat passenger shuttle in Boston Harbor. She is USCG documented and holds a current COI. She can be used for the same purpose or perhaps as a tender for a mega yacht, yacht club, harbor tour, etc.
- The hull is molded in solid fiberglass with a vinylester skin layer and full length longitudinal foam cored stringers. The interior deck and seating are a single mold in FRP with balsa coring. All deck, step, and seating areas are molded non-skid surfaces. All engine controls, gauges, alarms, and emergency controls are located on the console at the operator's station. Steering is by a 40" vertical tiller with a push-pull cable linkage to the rudder arm. The rudder and post are stainless steel. A deck hatch is provided for maintenance and inspection of the shaft tube, drip-less packing, fuel tank and fill, and primary bilge pump. This hatch is exposed by tilting the deck box containing the life vests aft. Decks are drained into the stern pump area through two drains connected by hoses. An automatic bilge pump in the stern sump and primary bilge pump in the keel area discharge overboard through the starboard side. Wooden handrails surround the passenger deck on the coaming. A custom SS safety handrail is installed at the boarding step. LED safety lights are installed to illuminate the step and deck at night in the passenger areas.
- Electronics & Helm
- USCG Certified VHF Radio
- The electrical system is a standard 12 volt marine system using a Group 24 wet-cell marine battery, with the positive wired through a battery isolation switch to the engine starter and a fuse panel in the console. Battery cables to engine and isolation switch are two AWG marine assemblies, with a 10 AWG connection to the fuse panel and negative buss. All wiring is marine grade minimum 14 AWG copper, stranded, with 105 degree C insulation, UL listed, and color coded per AYBC Standards. All alarms are located at the operator's console. All wiring is labeled for ease of maintenance and the connections are appropriately sized crimp-on rings with adhesive and waterproof shrink tube. Two waterproof rocker switches on the console activate the running lights and the courtesy lights in the cockpit.
- Engine Details & Mechanical Equipment
- Powered by a 75 hp Yanmar diesel engine, model 4JH3-TE, with a continuous SHP output rating of 69 hp @ 3700 rpm mounted to the longitudinal stringers on aluminum beds. This is coupled with a Velvet Drive gearbox with a 1.9:1 gear ratio. The gearbox is joined to a 1 3/8" diameter stainless steel driveshaft through a DriveSaver coupling. The driveshaft is carried to the stern bearing in a 5 ft. x 3 /14" OD shaft tube sealed with a standard speed PYI pack-less shaft seal to turn a 16" 3 blade bronze propeller. Engine mounting brackets are through bolted to the stringers. The engine, transmission, shaft coupling, battery/box and high water alarm are installed under a FRP sound proofed engine cover with a closable fitting. The cover tilts forward for maintenance and inspection access. A drip pan is installed under the engine. The wet exhaust and muffler are installed on the port stringer and exit through the stern. Control of the engine and gearbox is through cables from a Kobelt single lever control, Model 2406, mounted on the top of the operator console. Engine start/stop and monitoring is by a Yanmar digital type-C panel inc; ignition, engine stop, oil pressure, coolant temp, tachometer, and attentuator panel with visual and audible alarms. Raw water cooled.
- Lifesaving & Safety: 25 Type 1 Adult & 3 Children Life Vests Type IV Ring Buoy Portable Signal Horn 14 lb. Danforth Anchor w/ 100 feet of 3/8" nylon line and 6' of 1/4" chain Manual Bilge Pump/10 GPM Fire Protection System: The single, rechargeable, manual/automatic BC extinguisher, using 125 cubic feet of HFC-227 clean flooding agent, is installed horizontally inside the forward end of the engine cover with a manual discharge cable mounted on the operator's console. The Fireboy Xintec Inc. Model MA2-125-227 is coupled to an automatic engine shutdown system. Fireboy Xintec Model ES-3000-1 with discharge alarm and light on the console. 10 lb. Class ABC Fire Extinguisher/Kidde PRO 10 TCM 5 lb. Class ABC Fire Extinguisher
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.