- 57 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
Shallow draft Coastal Cruiser, designed for both liveaboard comfort and cruising efficiency.
- ALBULA is a shallow draft Coastal Cruiser, designed for both liveaboard comfort and cruising efficiency. The shallow draft of 3.0 feet allows not only a margin of safety, but one can explore the anchorages normally only available to small craft. She has proven herself to be both capable and comfortable having cruised multiple times up and down the East Coast Intracoastal Waterway before she was shipped to the Pacific Northwest where she cruised the Alaska Inside Passage, Gulf Islands and San Juan Islands for 10 years. She has made the trip from Seattle to Juneau five times. She underwent a major refit over the winter of 2009-2010 with replacement of all engine and generator hoses, belts, filters and pumps, new alternator, inverter, batteries, new teak aft deck, new anchor bowsprit, as well as Sterling paint for the hull. All the work was completed at the Port Townsend Shipwrights facility in Port Townsend, Washington prior to shipping her to the East Coast. ALBULA has now landed back on the East Coast and having since cruised to the Bahamas and Keys is now offered for sale.
- The spacious salon is a masterpiece of mahogany craftsmanship; the deep, rich varnished mahogany enhanced by the yellow pine flooring. A large desk area makes for a comfortable workspace in a traditional yacht interior. The cabinet doors are paneled with cane, an elegant and functional design. Aft of the salon is the galley, arranged around an island. There is ample storage in cabinets and drawers. Stools around the island make it a favorite place to congregate while meals are prepared. Immediately aft of the galley through double doors is the aft deck. With its central table and teak decking it is the perfect place to lounge, dine, or enjoy cocktails while enjoying the protection of a covered cockpit. It functions like an extension of the galley so all can be included. Forward of the salon from the starboard companionway is the Master Stateroom. The mahogany cabinetry and headboard with the queen double bed is romantic, cozy and comfortable. The forward bulkhead has a HDTV for enjoyment. A large hanging locker, drawers and shelves with under-bed storage compartment provide storage. Forward of the Master Stateroom is the head and shower. Continuing to the forward cabin, there are 4 bunks with two large lockers, one is a hanging locker.
- Generator: 9 KW diesel Kohler Model 9CC0Z63 12V DC, 24V DC, 120V/240V AC, 50 Amp Service 10 batteries for 12 V & 24 V Service including the following: Six 6V golf cart deep cycle batteries for the house Two 8D bow thruster batteries One 4D AGM engine start battery One Group 27 AGM generator start battery Alternator: 200 Amp on main engine Inverters: One 2000 Watt Outback Charger: One/ 100 Amp Outback Charger/Inverter Outback Power Systems inverter control/battery monitor Two battery isolator switches 50 Amp Shore power cord, DC and AC voltmeter and ammeter monitors All bronze thru hull fittings are fully bonded throughout the vessel
- Electronics and Navigation
- Autopilot: Robertson AP 11 Radar: Furuno, 16 Mile with LCD Display GPS: Garmin 5212 GPS/MAP, integrated with computer system Fathometer: Furuno FCV-667 color video sounder VHF: ICOM EC-M602 with DSC and Command Microphone in galley area Knotmeter: Digital on Garmin GPS Clock & Barometer: 5 Inch Weems & Plath Searchlight: 7 Inch with remote Rudder angle indicator on autopilot Compass: Richie electronic 4 Inch plus fluxgate compass Full monitoring gauges for Fuel, all engine systems, plus water and sanitation systems 24 “ Samsung HDTV, 21 “ RCA HDTV with VCR/DVD Panasonic player, plus Sharp mini-component AM/FM/CD entertainment system
- Steering and Engine Control
- Skeg rudder, composite construction on stainless steel frame One Edson Pilot house wheel connected to Hynautic hydraulic system Morse throttle/shift control station Prop: Michigan bronze four blade 24 X 24 right hand rotation with 2 Inch one piece stainless shaft Vetus Bow Thruster (24 Volt)
- John Deere Model 6068D 136 HP Six Cylinder: 2182 Original Hours (Feb 20 2014) Main engine is located under the galley central counter which is heavily insulated and offers complete access for easy service Transmission: Twin Disc Down Angle 2.39 to 1 Ratio Filters: Two primary Racor plus two secondary filters
- Hull Details
- Sharp V forward with Vetus bow thruster (24 Volt) followed by shallow transition to flat hull aft with full keel protection for prop and rudder Keel: Full displacement with full length tapered, laminated wood and fiberglass. ¼ Inch stainless rub shoe protection. (3 Ft. Draft) Framing: Plywood bulkheads and platforms, laminated longitudinals, composite transverse members, and laminated wood stringers (west system epoxy) Exterior surfaces are double laminated plywood composite construction Decks and superstructure are also cold molded composite construction Side deck Bulwarks are 31 inches high from the stern to raised foredeck
- Deck Gear
- Anchor Winch: 24 Volt Ideal Model H4F with two anchor rollers Anchors: Primary is 55 KG Rockna with approximately 400 Ft. of 5/16 chain Secondary anchors: 30 kg Bruce type, Danforth 2000S, and Sea Choice 20 # Danforth-type Custom stainless heavy duty steel electric dinghy davit on upper deck/portside Handrails are aluminum, custom fabricated Teak decks in cockpit with cockpit table aft Deck was down system and deck ventilators
- Galley/Domestic Equipment
- 3 burner Princess LPG stainless stove with oven Range hood with fan Samsung microwave/convection oven Double stainless sinks Refrigerator: GE under the counter 6 cu. Ft. Freezer: Kenmore under the counter 5 cu. Ft. Kenmore stacked washer/dryer Two 10 gallon LPG tanks in aft deck locker 6 gallon water heater and 12 gallon Everhot with Webasto hydronic heater unit Galley Pumps: 12 V and 120 V pressure water system White painted wood cabinetry and tile countertops
- Mechanical/Sanitation/Pumps, and Misc. Equipment
- Cruisaire reverse cycle AC/Heating with 24,000 BTU’s in salon and 16,000 BTU’s in mid cabin Dickenson Newport wall-mounted diesel heater Webasto oil fired recirculating water system Baseboard hydronic heat in main salon One Portable electric heater Windshield defrosters LectraSan waste treatment system with holding tank and discharge pump out Galleymaid electric head and holding tank Bilge Pumps: A total of 10 Rule 2000 submersible pumps throughout all hull compartments, with a total pumping capacity of 20,000 GPH High water alarms for each compartment Dual pressure water potable pumps with pressure accumulators and three filtration systems Sea water wash down pump on foredeck Coast Guard safety gear, fenders, dock lines, boat hook, bell, horn, tow line, miscellaneous spare parts
- In Conclusion
- ALBULA truly is an ideal shallow water coastal cruiser, that is built to a very high standard and exceeding many offshore rated designs for strength and integrity. The classic interior charm, with well chosen natural wood finishes in combination with white paneling and wall coverings, yields a most comfortable cruising environment indeed. In addition, having the ability to bring numerous small craft on the upper deck and easily launch them when needed….A recipe for cruising fun and adventure! If your cruising grounds are from Alaska to Maine, this clever cruising vessel will provide an absolutely delightful platform for you enjoy the real interesting parts of cruising…ones that are near the coast and our nations inland waterways.
- Default Disclaimer
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.