- 61 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
Classic John Trumpy & Sons Houseboat
- Since 1947, Aurora II has only had six owners. She is very original. John Trumpy built six Auroras in all. They were his showboats, built to suit himself rather than commissioned by owners. The first Aurora was sold before it was completed. The second Aurora, Aurora II, John Trumpy owned and used the longest. Aurora II was the first to have air conditioning. She has a clipper bow, a one-off front seat, the mast, full main saloon with a dining saloon down and her styling was based on Trumpy’s favorite features on previous boats, a showcase for the evolution of his designs. She was the last Trumpy to be built in Gloucester, N.J. and she was moved and completed in Annapolis, Maryland, the first to be launched at Trumpy’s last boatyard. The boat, which is still very original to the way Trumpy built her in 1947, has won awards at Ocean Reef’s Vintage Weekend and Winterfest. The current owner, who has three other classic wooden boats, has lived on Aurora II to make sure everything is operational and taken the boat out for a cruise every weekend. Traveling at 8 knots, with the generator on, she sips fuel at around four gallons per hour.
- Accommodations/Vessel Walkthrough
- Deckhouse is built of solid teak and has been pain staking restored. Her aft deck is open with weather cloths wrapped around the station. The table on the deck is also Trumpy but from the 1950's. The only change that is present is the bar behind the wing door. This was done by a previous owner and has now been redone to higher standards. The main salon has been remodeled to the style and texture of the 1940's. This was the first Trumpy to have A/C. In the main salon the cabinet is original but the system is modern. There is zone air conditioning throughout the yacht. The down below is original and is ready for someone's personal touch. The owner's stateroom is two double bunks with bureau in middle and lockers.
- VIP Stateroom
- VIP is aft with two twin berths. Flooring is carpeted. Ensuite head has single sink, shower with vinyl flooring.
- Guest Stateroom
- Guest stateroom is amidships. Twin-Singles with Pullman. Single sink. Flooring is carpeted. No portholes.
- Galley is down and walkthrough to crew quarters. All appliances are new. There is a dining room down with a large flat screen. Stainless Steel Countertop Kitchen Aid Refrigerator/Freezer Princess Stovetop Magic Chef Microwave/Convection
- Crew Quarters
- Crew quarters is forward and sleeps two in one cabin with head. Bosch Axxis washing machine and full dryer - 2 years old.
- On the top deck there is a nine panel solar charger. There are (8) 4 volt, batteries. All DC systems are hooked to this system and are their sole input. At peek charge the system puts out 113 volts at 58 amps.
- Plotter - All in One Colour Sounder - All in One Searchlights Garmin 546S Navigation System Air Horns & Whistle
- Audio & Video Equipment
- Visio Television Sony Blueray
- Safety & Fire
- 6 Man Life Raft 20 Life Jackets 2 Ring Buoys Fire Extinguisher Flares
- New fuel tank - ten years go Northern Lights generator - 16 Kw 2012 - Deck & Cabin refit 2013 - Port Side Top Side 2015 New house batteries & solar panel chargers
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Contact David C. Lacz: Office: 954-779-7377 Cell: 401-641-2951 Email: email@example.com