- 42 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
$10,000 PRICE REDUCTION 10/18/2014
"BABE" is possibly the best equipped and
maintained Manta on the market.
Her owners have dedicated themselves to assuring that everything is always ready to go.
Features include: Solar Panels, Generator, Water Maker,
2-Zone Air Conditioning, Excellent Refrigeration,
RADAR, Chart Plotter, Two Auto Pilots,
SSB, Digital Modem (for Weather and Emails), Sling Seat, Current Certified Winslow 6-Man Life Raft, MOB Module,
Hard Top and Three-Sided Enclosure and
of course, the best Owners' floor plan of any boat in her class.
Mantas were all built with dual collision bulkheads in each hull!!
These boats are all over the world. Their owners are sailors and will proudly tell you how great their boats are and
why you should consider a Manta.
There is also a very active Owners Association which will help the new owners of “BABE” experience a very smooth transition and is available to help with any imaginable concerns.
- Accommodations / Overview
- Entry into the Salon is through a Bowmar water tight door. To starboard and forward is a large L-shaped settee with a custom Corian Hi-LO dining table. To port and forward is a large counter which houses the huge refrigerator and freezer. Aft to starboard is the entertainment and computer center. Aft to port is a well designed chef's Galley with plenty of storage and counter space. Down three steps into the Port (Owners') Hull you will find a Mater Cabin aft with full queen bed, hanging and storage lockers. The companionway leading to the Master Head has a very large pantry inboard. The Master Head has a large separate shower stall, large storage compartments, vanity with sink and marine toilet. Down three steps into the Starboard Hull is the VIP Guest Quarters aft with a full queen berth, hanging and storage lockers. Moving forward the is a custom book shelf unit outboard, the Head with a vanity and sink, large storage compartments and a shower stall with curtain. Forward of the shower is a Guest Cabin with a mid-sized double berth. This cabin also doubles as a “garage” storage area, with a custom elevated storage shelf. Two-zone air conditioning systems (26kbtu total with reverse cycle heat). Blue fabric upholstery throughout. White laminate cabinets with cherry trim. Louvered doors. Laminate countertops throughout. Vinyl headliners. Highly durable composite teak and holly sole. Salon head room is 6’ 3”. Hull head room 6’ 7”.
- Salon / Dinette / Navigational Station
- The salon, galley, and navigation station are all located above the bridgedeck. L-Shaped settee with storage under. Ottoman with storage. Shelves both port and starboard behind settee and Navigation station. Custom Corian table on Hi-Lo pedestal for dining or entertaining. Wet Locker below the entertainment center. Entertainment center with stereo, (6) disc CD changer, XM Sirius ready, 23” Dynex flat screen HD TV. Magnavox DVD player. Stereo speakers forward of settee. Phantom screen door. Ocean Air shades for forward windows. Curtains on side windows. (2) Folding directors chairs (additional seating for dinette). Clock and barometer. (2) Overhead opening hatched with screens. (3) Halogen overhead lights. (1) Florescent overheat light in galley. (1) LED overhead light at salon. Under counter light in galley. Exhaust hood and blower above stove. (2) 12VDC outlets. (5) 120VAC outlets. Hella fan in galley. LED courtesy lights in salon and each stairwell. Navigational Station: Large chart table with ample flat chart storage. Xantrex Link 2 battery monitor system. Standard Horizon GX2300 VHF radio with AIS. Brooks and Gatehouse Network Multi-display. Pathfinder automatic battery charge selector. Xantrex solar array controller. Custom electrical panels. Generator controls. Tank monitors.
- U-Shaped Galley is up to port. Adler Barbour top loading 12 VDC 10 cu. Ft. refrigerator with 6” foam insulation. (60/40 Split with freezer unit). Seaward (3) Burner stainless steel propane stove with oven. Sharp Microwave oven. Double stainless steel sink with European faucet. Hot and cold pressure water. Aqua Jet variable speed water pump. Fresh water foot pump. Excellent storage facilities. Stainless steel vent hood with 12VDC blower to outside. Remote control propane system. Large galley pantry in port hull.
- Port Hull / Owner's Suite
- Owner's Master Stateroom is aft. Private head forward with full shower. Full sized queen berth facing fore to aft. Mini Settee with storage under. Large cedar lined hanging lockers. (4) Drawers. (1) Drop down storage locker. (1) Open locker with two shelves. (1) Opening side port light with screen and Ocean Air sun shade. (1) Aft opening port with screen and Ocean Air sun shade. (1) Overhead opening Bomar hatch with screen and Ocean Air sun shade. (1) 120 VAC outlet. (1) Overhead Halogen light. (2) Reading lights. (1) Hella fan. Aft cabin A/C control. Autopilot selector control. Master Head Quiet Flush 12VDC electric fresh water toilet. 20 Gallon roto-cast plastic holding tank with deck pump out and macerator overboard discharge. Vanity with laminate counter tops and a drop in sink. Huge mirrored medicine cabinet. Florescent light over vanity. Large separate shower stall with curtain. Liquid soap/shampoo dispenser. Stainless steel towel racks. (1) Opening port light with screen and Ocean Air sun shade. (1) Overhead opening Bomar hatch with screen and Ocean Air sun shade. Solar vent in hatch. 120VAC GFCI outlet.
- Port Hull Companionway
- Large galley pantry inboard. Opening port light with screen and Ocean Air sun shade. Sole hatch into bilge.
- Starboard Hull / Guest Staterooms
- Aft Cabin: Athwart ship queen berth. Large cedar lined hanging locker. Mini settee. (3) Drawers. (1) Flip down locker. (1) Opening side port light with screen and Ocean Air sun shade. (1) Opening aft port light with screen and Ocean air sun shade. (1) Overhead opening Bomar hatch with screen and Ocean Air sun shade. (1) Overhead halogen light. (2) LED reading lights. (1) Caframo fan. Guest head and shower: Jabsco quiet Flush fresh water marine toilet. 20 Gallon roto-cast plastic holding tank with deck pump out and a macerator overboard discharge. Vanity with laminate counter tops and a drop in sink. Mirrored cabinet. Florescent light overvanity. Soap/shampoo dispenser. Shower stall with full surround curtain. Caframo fan. All waste hoses new (2013). Stainless steel towel racks. Opening side port light with screen and Ocean Air sun shade. Forward guest cabin: Double fore and aft berth. Custom storage shelf above berth. Hanging locker. Mini settee. Open storage cabinet with two shelves. Opening side port light with screen and Ocean Air sun shade. Opening overhead Bomar hatch with screen and Ocean Air sun shade. Water maker controls. Water maker and water heater are located under this berth.
- Starboard Hull Companionway
- At the base of the steps leading to the starboard hull is a large custom book shelf assembly.
- Electronics & Navigation Equipment
- . Raymarine E 80 Chart Plotter with RADAR. Chart card for United States, Bahamas, Caribbean, South America (2013). Raymarine Sirius weather module (requires subscription). Raymarine ST 6001 Autopilot control (2010). Raymarine Type 2 Short actuator (2010). Raymarine Core Pack 2 Pilot CPU (2010). Icom 802 SSB radio (2010). Icom At104 Automatic tuner (2010). SCS Digital Pactor III modem (converts HF to digital for weather and email). Standard Horizon GX2300 VHF radio with AIS interfaced to plotter (2010). Standard Horizon RAM mic at helm. Brooks and Gatehouse date multi display at navigation station. Brooks and Gatehouse Network GPS. Brooks and Gatehouse wind machine. Brooks and Gatehouse knot/ log/ temp/depth. Brooks and Gatehouse autopilot with series 2 hydraulic ram. Ritchie 5” compass. Air Guide compass at navigation station. Clarion Stereo in salon. Remote stereo control at helm. Ships clock. Barometer. BitStorm Bad Boy Extreme Wi-Fi booster. BitStorm wireless modem.
- (2) 30AMP Shore power inlets on port side. (1) Cable/telephone inlet port side. NextGen 5.5KW diesel generator in sound shielded locker. Blower for generator locker. Xantrex 2500 watt inverter with 100 amp 3 stage battery charger. (6) Siemens 75 watt solar panels. Xantrex solar panel controller. (6) AGM 6 volt house batteries (660 Amps total) (2013). (2) Series 27 AGM engine batteries (2013). (2) Zinc Saver galvanic isolators. Pathfinder automatic battery combiner with remote. (2) 60 amp alternators with Heir 3 stage regulators. Xantrex Link 2 battery monitor system. Custom Paneltronics AC/DC electrical panel with master and branch breakers. (2) 30 Amp 50 foot shore power cords with cover (2014). 50 amp to 30 amp Y-adapter (2014). Yacht Guard lightning protection system.
- Spectra 380C 360 gallon per day water maker. High pressure Clark pump for water maker new ( 2014). New water maker membrane (2014). Seaward 120vac/engine exchange water heater (2010). FloJet variable speed water pump. Sealed shower sumps. GrocoHydromatic strainer/grinder for A/C, water maker and generator (2013). Marelon seacocks. Holding tank monitors. Dock side water inlet.
- Hull and Vessel Construction
- Hull, decks, deck house and bulkheads and sole are of Triaxial, biaxial, and unidirectional fiberglass with vinyl ester and isophalic polyester resins and Nidacore. Below the waterline is solid FRP construction. All construction is vacuum bagged for added strength and stiffness. Hull to deck joint is mechanically and chemically joined and glassed internally. Heavy duty vinyl covers the entire hull to deck joint. All deck hardware is attached to aluminum plates glassed into the structure. Molded in non-skid pattern. There are two collision bulkheads forward in each hull.
- Deck Equipment & Features
- Custom aluminum framed hard top frame with RADAR arch. Entire hardtop has an aluminum skin. Three sided Strataglass enclosure with roll up sides. Center windshield flips up for ventilation. All lines run to a central winch and stoppers located at helm. Adjustable captain’s chair. Hatch above helm seat for ventilation and viewing sail. Cockpit cushions and seat back rests (2013). Sling seat (2010). (3) Fiberglass storage boxes (one is a insulated cooler). (2) waterproof cockpit speakers. 12VDC cockpit outlet. 120VAC cockpit outlet. Magma propane grill (plumbed to main tank) (2010). Maxwell 1200 Anchor windlass with warping drum. 55lb Spade anchor with 240 ft 5/16” high test chain. (2) Anchor rollers. Deck foot switches for anchor windlass. Seawater wash down forward. Fresh water wash down fore and aft. Cockpit shower at starboard stern steps. Bomar water tight entry door. Retractable Phantom screen door. Stainless steel pulpit and stanchions with vinyl covered stainless steel cable life lines. (2) Stainless steel folding boarding ladders. Dinghy davits are integral to the RADAR arch. Custom Corian cockpit table. Sun shades for the cockpit. Textalene salon window covers. Dock lines. Fenders with covers.
- Sails and Rigging
- Painted mast and boom. Lightning rod at masthead (part of Strike Shield system). TV antenna at mast head (watch Miami stations in the Exumas). Garhauer boom vang/support (2010). All standing and running rigging replaced (2010). Full batten mainsail with three reef points (rebuilt 2010). Full battened jib with Camber Spar (rebuilt 2010). MACK Sails storm jib (2010). Doyle UPS (code Zero) with Harken roller furling (2010). Doyle pack (new zipper 2014). Harken 42 electric self tailing winch at helm. (8) Spin lock sheet stoppers. Harken CST 2 speed spinnaker sheet winch (2010). Harken 30CST two speed spinnaker halyard winch (2010). Lazy jacks for jib. Tides Marine Strong Track mast track. Dutchman Boom Brake. Winch Handle.
- Mechanical Equipment & Engine Details
- Twin 28 HP Volvo MD2030 FWC diesel engines – Approx. 3500 hours. Volvo 120 sail drives. Volvo 2 blade folding propellers. Volvo single lever controls at helm. (2) Cruise Air reverse cycle heat/air conditioning systems. 16,000k btu for salon and forward cabins; 10k btu for aft cabins. GrocoHydromatic strainer grinder (rebuilt 2013) (Spare Hydromatic). Whitlock pull-pull cable steering. Easy engine access below aft berths. (2) Engine room blowers. Zinc adaptors for sail drives (don’t have to pull props to replace). Port aqua lift muffler replaced (2013).
- Safety Equipment
- Six man Winslow life raft (recertified 2013). MOB module (recertified 2013). Six foot gale Rider drogue with 450’ 8 plait line and bridal. ACR Global GPS EPIRB (recertified 2013). LifeSling retrieval system. Emergency throw line. PFD’s. Flares. Bell. Horn. Proper placards. Arch mounted RADAR reflector. Custom T-bag (stores pfd’s in out of the way ready to use location). Spare anchors and rodes. Anchor bridals. Automatic bilge pumps in each hull. Manual bilge pumps in each head, inside the vanity. Strike shield lightning protection system. Emergency tiller. Baha fuel filtration system. Safety harnesses and tethers. Jack lines. Halatron Fire extinguisher. Firefighting ports into each engine room. (3) BC II fire extinguishers. Dinghy anchor and rode. (2) Fishing rod holders. Overhead rod storage in cockpit.
- General Information and Equipment
- Avon 340 RIB. Yamaha 15hp 2 stroke outboard engine (2007). 6 Gallon dinghy fuel tank. (2) Jerry cans (1 fuel; 1 water). Bottom to be painted Spring 2014. Thousands of dollars in spare convey.
- Personal Items.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Contact Jerry Wheeler - Central Listing Agent - 830-377-7463