- 40 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Sabre M-65
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
Here is a rarely available Gulfstar 40 Center Cockpit sloop that has two sleeping cabins each with their own head and shower. With a newer Perkins Sabre engine and other upgrades, including solar panels, inverter system, wind generator, air conditioning, etc., this a lot of boat for not a lot of money.
- Vessel Walkthrough
- This center cockpit design features two sleeping cabins with their own heads and showers. The aft cabin is completely separate with its own entry companionway on the aft deck. The main cabin has a large settee and dining table on the starboard side, with the fully equipped galley along the port side. There are both front and rear engine room doors providing excellent service access.
- Main Salon
- The main salon features a large “U” shaped settee surrounding a hi-lo dining table on the starboard side of the main cabin. Large “U” shaped settee with storage under Drop-leaf hi-lo dining table 16,000 BTU reverse-cycle air conditioning (new 2013) Digital A/C control with remote AM/FM stereo w/4 speakers 12 volt DHTV Storage lockers and shelves outboard Adjustable brass reading lights Two dome lights Two opening overhead hatches Curtains and curtain rods for all windows
- The "U" shaped galley is arrayed along the port side of the main cabin. Double stainless sinks Newer hot water tank (2011) Tasco three burner stainless propane range w/oven Two 10 Lb. propane tanks Adler-Barbour 12 volt refrigeration system Top loading freezer chest Top loading refrigerator chest Emerson turntable microwave oven
- Forward Cabin & Head
- The forward cabin features a “V” berth with filler, and plentiful storage. Just aft, the en-suite forward head is divided with the toilet room to port and the shower stall to starboard. Both are well-lit and ventilated with opening portlights. 12 volt fan Dome light Adjustable reading lights Overhead opening hatch Outboard pullman shelves Double door hanging locker Chest of drawers Large “V” berth with filler Jabsco manual flush toilet Holding tank with “Y” valve Macerator pump Two opening portlights Teak floor grates
- Aft Cabin & Head
- The private aft cabin, accessible via the companionway on the aft deck, features a large “U” shaped bed and en-suite head and shower. Private entry from aft deck Large “U” shaped bed with storage under Double door hanging locker Outboard shelving Adjustable reading lights 12 volt fans Jabsco manual flush toilet Separate holding tank with “Y” valve Macerator discharge pump
- Decks & Rigging
- Single spreader aluminum keel-stepped mast Sloop rigged Schaefer roller furling jib sail Doyle Stack-pack main sail Whisker pole Double lifelines and boarding gates Ideal electric anchor windlass Bow pulpit with double anchor rollers Bruce 44# anchor w/80’ chain & 150’ line rode Bruce 33# anchor w/50’ chain & 150’ line rode Bimini with full cockpit enclosures
- Electronics & Helm
- Garmin 3205 GPS (2011) Garmin integrated radar (2012) Raymarine ST70 linear autopilot Horizon digital depth sounder Icom M58 VHF radio Danforth magnetic steering compass
- The comprehensive electrical system provides nearly self-sufficient power for everything (excepting the air conditioning) while off the dock. 12 volt power is supplied by the solar panels and the wind generator, as well as the engine driven alternator. And there is an inverter system to supply 120 volt power to those appliances. Xantrex 1750 watt inverter 750 watt solar panels Two Sunforce 30 amp solar panel controllers AirX 400 watt wind generator Three house battery banks Separate engine battery 100 amp engine alternator 30 amp shore power w/50’ cable
- Engine Details & Mechanical Equipment
- The large engine room beneath the cockpit has fore and aft access via doors in the main salon and the aft cabin. The Perkins Sabre M65 engine is reported to have been installed new in 2002. The owner reports 1,786 total current hours. Perkins Sabre M65 direct injection diesel engine Racor fuel filtration Dripless shaft seal Bilge blower Mechanical throttle and shift levers Mechanical steering cables
- Additional Equipmnent
- Four person offshore life raft Five offshore life jackets Lifesling MOB system Swim ladder Five new portlights installed 2012 New hot water heater installed 2011 Automatic and manual bilge pumps Salt water deck washdown TV antenna Folding cockpit table with cup holders Cockpit cushions
- Brokers Comments
- This is one of many models of Gulfstar sailing yachts produced by the Lazzara brothers in Florida during the 70’s and 80’s. Known for their good looks, good sailing characteristics, spacious accommodations, and robust construction, they continue to appeal to cruising sailors for those attributes. There was a repair made to the port side deck that needs to be re-visited.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.