- 46 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
This Soluna 46 Coupe is one of only three ever built. SPYGLASS is owned by world class yachtsman Ken Read of Volvo Ocean Race and America's Cup fame.
Hand built in Turkey by master craftsman known for their spectacular custom builds, the Soluna 46 offers a unique alternative to buyers looking for a smaller Vicem that is fiberglass composite (not cold molded) or a Hinckley that is prop driven (not jet drives).
The Soluna 46 is a stunning, fresh statement in the crowded “Down East Retro” design field. Not just a pretty face, she is built strong with state of the art construction techniques and materials to optimize cruising performance in the mid-20 knot range while maximizing fuel economy. Her interior is richly handcrafted with a variety of wood species utilizing advanced coring techniques for weight savings and structural integrity. Easy to handle with electronically controlled, low hour Yanmar diesel engines and a bow thruster, SPYGLASS is a delight to operate. Maintained to the highest standards, including a recent beautiful black Awlgrip hull, she awaits your inspection.
- Vessel Walkthrough
- The vessel may be boarded on centerline off the generous swim platform. Proceeding forward from the cockpit the saloon is entered through dual sliding stainless steel rimmed glass doors. The saloon has wrap around seating to port and individual seating and the entertainment center to starboard. The helm station is forward in the saloon to starboard. Past the helm down three steps, the galley is to port and the guest cabin to starboard. Beyond the galley, the separate shower room is to port and the day head is across to starboard. Forward is the master cabin.
- Main Salon
- Wrap around seating in cream colored genuine leather upholstery Individual seating in cream colored genuine leather upholstery Overhead ventilation hatches x 2 Helm station with custom bench seating All furniture is polypropylene honeycomb cored marine grade plywood with cherry veneers and hardwoods Beech wood sole All interior wood varnished in satin finish While vinyl ceiling upholstery Granite galley and head countertops Pentamix faucets Stainless steel galley sink Air Conditioning Systems Master cabin 8000 BTU Cruisair Guest cabin 8000 BTU Cruisair Saloon 16,000 BTU x 2 Cruisair Entertainment Systems Master cabin- Sharp 19” TV/DVD , Polyplanar speakers, IX volume control Saloon- 26” Sony LCD TV, Bose DVD surround sound system, TV pop-up lift, Sherborn Aux. Amplifier, IPod docking station Aft cockpit- Polyplanar speakers, IX volume control
- Refrigerator Microwave oven Dishwasher Wine cooler Cooktop Galley hood Electrical switch panels
- Master Stateroom
- Centerline queen berth Port and starboard overhead locker storage Port and starboard hanging lockers Entertainment system
- Guest Stateroom
- Twin berths Locker storage Hanging storage
- Head and Separate Shower Room
- Dometic Masterflush 8812 head Vanity with granite top Separate shower room with molded vanity
- Deck / Cockpit
- Chain locker hatches with gas spring Lewmar V2 windlass with freshwater deck washing system Windshield wipers Chain, 8mm galvanized, spliced to rope Bruce stainless steel anchor Stainless steel trumpet horn Stainless steel navigation lights Remote controlled searchlight TV antenna Master cabin hatch, round Saloon hatches Wrap around seating port and starboard Wet bar Bosch electric cockpit grill Vitrifrigio C51X 12V cockpit refrigerator Cockpit icemaker Cockpit lockers Deck shower Shore TV and phone socket Stainless steel swimming ladder AISI 316 L stainless steel custom cleats and fairleads Teak cockpit and swim platform sole Integrated swim platform with dinghy launching
- Electronics & Helm
- Yanmar electronic engine controls Engine synchronizers Bow thruster controls Windlass controls Raymarine E120 Navigation Raymarine ST6002 Autopilot Raymarine DSC VHF Radio Raymarine ST60 Speedometer/Echosounder Raymarine Radar with 18” Radome Antenna Ritchie Voyager 83 Compass Faria rudder angle indicator Lenco trim tabs Wooden helm wheel 12V Trumpet horn
- Onan 9.5 Kw genset Battery charger Battery Isolators Main Control Panel at Galley Ground Fault protection Galvanic isolator, Promarine 60A Ceiling lamps, 12V Palagi and Hella Floor lamps, 12V Hella Interior 110V sockets, Berker 12V AGM Battery bank: 4 x 200Ah house 2 x 200Ah starting 2 x 200Ah windlass and bow thruster 1 x 80Ah genset starting
- Engine Details & Mechanical Equipment
- 2 X Yanmar 480 HP 6LY3-ETP 3300 RPM engines AISI Stainless Steel dry exhaust system with underwater bypass AISI 316 Stainless Steel propeller shafts AISI 316 Stainless Steel struts AISI 304 Stainless Steel engine foundations AISI 316 Rudders 4 blade propellers Hydraulic servo-assisted steering system Max Power CT80 Bow thruster Fireboy MA2-500-FE fire extinguishing system in Engine Room Racor fuel filters Fireboy MA2-300-FE fire extinguishing system in Lazarette Stainless steel fuel lines Glendinning CM7 shore cable storage system X Changer oil change system Water heater Fresh air intake system Rule 2000 GPH bilge pumps x 2 Rule 800 GPH bilge pumps x 3 with automated float switches Rule high bilge water alarms x 3 Engine room non-skid aluminum diamond plate flooring Engine room walls and panels polyurethane painted Bilges gel-coated Engine room Rockwool, lead panel, and perforated aluminum panel sound attenuation
- HULL: GRP hand laminated solid structure Vinylester resin Hand laminated E-glass Biaxial cloth at -45/45/90 degrees with chopped strand mats and unidirectional cloth Longitudinals, Frames, and Stringers of Polyurethane foam with lamination Vacuum bagged H80 Divinycell closed PVC foams at topsides Epoxy fillers and paint primers DECK: GRP hand laminated vacuum bagged polypropylene honeycomb laminate Isopthalic polyester resin Hand laminated E-glass Biaxial cloths at -45/45/90 degrees with chopped strand mat and unidirectional cloths Beams, stringers, and strengthening members Polyurethane foam with lamination Isopthalic gelcoat finish
- Brokers Comments
- SPYGLASS was hull #2 of the three 46’s built and was the show boat from 2008 until being sold to Kenny Read in 2010. Hull #3, similarly equipped, reportedly sold for $1.3 million to a yachtsman who loved her so much that when he was relocated to New Zealand she went with him! SPYGLASS is just finishing a meticulous maintenance at one of the finest yacht yards in Rhode Island. To see a complete video presentation of this exact vessel (except the new black Awlgrip hull) please visit www.Solunayachts.com/soluna46vt
- Mechanical Disclaimer
- * Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.