A unique 1987 Fleming 50 with twin Cummins B-Series, 210hp engines. Very low mileage. Features a 8kw Northern Lights Generator, Naiad Stabilizers, Bow Thruster, New Inverter, and Solar Panels. Two staterooms and two heads. Solid fiberglass hull construction in conjunction with it low profile classic design makes this a very desirable cruising yacht.
- WHY PURCHASE A FLEMING FROM BURR YACHT SALES?
- UNPRECEDENTED PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE Our knowledge of these boats is priceless, and it is available to you when a boat is purchased directly from us. The majority of the boats we offer were factory ordered, outfitted, serviced, and even possibly resold by Burr Yacht Sales. This means that we know more about the boats than anyone else. The same hands that installed the original equipment and serviced the boat are available to our buyers for upgrades. A UNIQUE DELIVERY SYSTEM We provide comprehensive dock handling lessons, unlimited walkthroughs of on-board systems, and actual hands on cruising time. Purchasing a Fleming directly from BYS gives you the knowledge and confidence to enjoy your new or previously cruised boat. COMMITMENT TO SERVICE We put a huge emphasis on customer service. We are always a phone call away, and are happy to help no matter the significance of the question. For over 50 years, we’ve utilized a system with non-commissioned salespeople: you purchase the boat from the Burr team and not one person. Burr Yacht Sales maintains a strong partnership with its customers throughout their ownership cycle. Because of this ongoing relationship, Fleming owners re-list their boats with BYS when it’s time to sell. They know that we understand the boats better than anyone else and they want the new owners to enjoy them to the fullest. Added Value with BYS This exclusive BYS delivery and support program is included when buying a boat directly through BYS.
- Entering the salon from the aft deck through the double doors you are immediately impressed by the spaciousness and ambiance. The attention to detail and exquisite handmade teak paneled cabinets gives rise to feelings of warmth and relaxation. The 16’ beam provides space enough for dining and lounging areas and great care has been taken to balance scale with function. The open floor plan of the saloon encompasses the galley and dining area which can comfortably seat six. Along the port side of the saloon is an L-Shaped settee anchored by a storage cabinet aft. The starboard side includes an entertainment center hidden behind a teak cabinet followed by a credenza with ample storage.
- The spacious U-shaped galley has Corian counter tops and is equipped with double bowl sinks, waste disposal, cook top, and a full-size refrigerator. A storage compartment just forward of the cook top accommodates a full range of saucepans. A lock-er and small pantry on the starboard side provides additional storage and a convenient serving counter for morning coffee.
- The accommodations layout features a central passage which has proved to be so desirable over many years in the Fleming 55. This layout contributes to an easy and convenient flow of traffic through the boat as well as making it possible to appreciate the full length of the boat from forepeak bulkhead to transom. The arrangement provides a master stateroom and master head towards the bow in addition to a second stateroom and head. A washer/dryer unit is located within the guest head. The accommodations are dressed with teak and Formica and offers great comfort and convenience without any steep stairs to negotiate. The master stateroom includes a queen island berth with two skylights. Ample storage is accomplished via a large cavity underneath the bed. Additional storage is found via cabinets, drawers, & book shelves. Both master and guest heads are exceptionally spacious with generous shower enclosures. Each head contains Corian counter-tops.
- In many modern designs it has become fashionable to eliminate the inside steering station, but the Fleming 55 features a pilothouse which closely resembles the bridge of a much larger vessel. Fleming created a dedicated place from which the boat is piloted and controlled without any distractions from other on-board activities. The pilothouse is still only three steps from the salon and galley and four interior steps safely lead to the upper fly-bridge station. Specially designed removable consoles provide ample room for a full range of modern electronic equipment without intruding on the full range of engine instrumentation. Overhead consoles provide additional space. There is also a proper chart area with drawers and a chart light. Both AC and DC electrical panels swing out to provide easy access to wiring connections and the inside of the flybridge console is accessed through a swing-out book-case. The watch-keeper has their own helm seat and an adjacent, raised L-shaped settee and table provide a comfortable social area with excellent visibility through the side and forward windows. Visibility forward and to port and starboard is excellent, and the two sliding doors open to the wide side decks. The traditional teak and holly sole is standard. There are large drawers and working space for charts, cruising books, and navigation instruments, binoculars and everything else a captain needs to chart and follow a safe course. A large stainless steel teak-trimmed destroyer wheel fits the ambiance of this ultimate cruising yacht.
- The flybridge is easily accessed primarily from the pilothouse or by ladder from the cockpit. The two-seater upper helm is located to port and provides excellent visibility particularly in close quarters and bustling harbors. The electronics console houses an array of engine instrumentation & navigation hardware with easy access via a hinged bookcase behind the settee in the pilothouse. The starboard side of the flybridge features a U-shaped settee with a large fixed table while the port side consists of an additional seating area and access to the dumbwaiter.
- DECK & CONSTRUCTION DETAILS
- In common with all Flemings, the hull is hand laid solid fiberglass reinforced with a grid of stringers and frames. Vinylester resin is used below the waterline with further protection provided by epoxy barrier coats. A reasonable five foot draft allows for Bahamas cruising while ensuring that the running gear is protected by a full-length keel which is foam filled and glassed across the top to isolate it from the hull. Special attention has been paid to the ease and safety in which the heavy duty ground tackle is set and retrieved. The anchor platform accepts two anchors, each of which can be controlled by a handheld unit at the platform or by windlass controls at the flybridge station. On deck she has the familiar walk-around decks we are used to seeing on all the Flemings and the high bulwarks and Portuguese Bridge provide security for both children and pets. Docking controls are located star-board of the salon doors while additional storage is found behind the stairs to port. Four gasketed and lockable hatches provide access to the engine room and spacious lazarette.
- MECHANICAL SYSTEMS
- The engine room is accessed from a hatch aft of the saloon doors through the outside leading down to the well laid out engine room. Systems and engineering are a notable feature of all Fleming Yachts whose philosophy has always been to choose only the best equipment available for the job and make sure that it is readily accessible for maintenance. To achieve the extremely low sound and vibration that Flemings are known for, Aquadrive systems transfer the thrust directly to the hull and isolate the engine by using soft engine mounts. The lazarette houses the water tanks, steering gear and air conditioning compressors while also leaving ample room for storing cruising gear such as spare anchors, rode, lines, fenders, and parts. Having the A/C compressors located here instead of in a hot engine room improves performance and efficiency and minimizes noise. Additionally, all battery isolation switches are accessible from outside the engine-room. T-Cummins B-series, 210hp (~640 hrs) Generator: Northern Lights 8 Kw (~660 hrs) Bow Thruster Naiad Hydraulic Stabilizers New Inverter Solar Panels (4) Black Iron Fuel Tanks (~1,000 Gal) (4) Water Tanks (~300 Gal) (1) Black Water Tank (100 Gal)
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Click Here for more Fleming Information Visit Our In-Water Showroom Click For More Previously Owned Flemings