- 38 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
A refreshing example of how a boat should be maintained.
If you're seeking for an outstanding yacht and an incredible value, this Island Packet 38 is worthy of your personal inspection and serious consideration.
Over the years many 38 foot cruising boats have been built, but none better nor more proven than the Island Packet 38. Actually, she is 41'6" LOA and is solidly built and very roomy. Featuring a large 2-cabin and a 2-head design, the IP 38 is ideal for serious cruising, live aboard comfort or weekend getaways. Island Packet Yachts are known for their spaciousness, well ventilated interiors and comfortable motion in a seaway. You will sail this boat when others remain at the dock. You will not find a more robust yacht at a better price.
- The interior of the Island Packet 38 features a large forward and aft staterooms and a spacious central salon. Beginning forward is an anchor locker in the bow accessed through the forward head. The forward head compartment has a sink with vanity, shower with wrap-around curtain, marine toilet, plenty of storage, two opening ports and an opening hatch. Next aft is the spacious master stateroom with large Pullman berth to starboard and hanging locker and cabinets to port. There are four large drawers under the berth. This stateroom is well ventilated with four opening ports and an overhead hatch. Next aft is the roomy main salon with Island Packet's signature bulkhead mounted fold-up dining table. To starboard is an L-shaped settee that converts to a double berth and also provides seating for the aft-facing nav station. To port is a straight settee. There is an incredible amount of storage beneath and behind both settees. The aft facing nav station is quickly accessible from the cockpit and allows easy communication with the helmsperson. Across from the nav station is the aft head with sink, vanity, shower with wrap-around curtain, and marine toilet. This head has a private entrance from the aft cabin as well as the salon. To starboard of the companionway is the large U-shaped galley with deep double sinks, 3-burner LPG stove with oven, refrigerator/freezer, deluxe teak dish racks and cutlery drawers. To port of the companionway is the entrance to the spacious aft stateroom with wide double berth, dressing seat, bureau and cedar-lined hanging locker, two opening ports, and opening hatch. New Upholstery All ports have screens and curtains 12 volt fans Teak and holly cabin sole with throw carpets Two Webasto air conditioning units (One 16,000 btu and one 9,000 btu.) With remote control unit.
- The large wrap-around U-shaped galley is convenient to both cockpit and salon yet out of companionway traffic. 3-burner LPG stove w/oven New 2005 LP gas system with two 10 # aluminum cylinders with OPV (overfill protection valve), pressure regulator, pressure gauge, and solenoid valve with control accessible to the galley located in the dedicated LP locker located starboard side deck. Manual shut off valves on tank. Hot/cold pressure water system Adler-Barbour refrigeration New 2006 Oster microwave oven Double stainless steel basin
- VHF: Standard Horizon Intrepid, and a handheld Standard Horizon HX851 CHART PLOTTER/ RADAR: Garmin 5212 GPS Chart plotter with 34 Nm Radar Mast mounted AUTOPILOT: Autohelm ST6001 SPEED/WIND/DEPTH: [C3] Autohelm ST60 depth, Autohelm speed/wind, SINGLE SIDE BAND RADIO: Icom IC-M710 SSB
- Sails and Running Rigging
- Running Rigging WINCHES: Lewmar 8, 1 each, forward cockpit, Lewmar 43ST, 2 each, Lewmar 16ST, 2 each MAIN SHEET TRAVELER: 4:1 main sheet traveler by Ronstan, serviceable. REEFING SYSTEM: Jiffy reefing for main, two reef points, roller furling for the headsails. ROLLER FURLING GEAR: Schaefer roller furling gear for the headsail and staysail, Sails MAINSAIL: Dacron full main, Renewed in 2009, full battens (4), with Doyle cover and flaking. HEADSAIL: 110% roller furling headsail, renewed 2009 STAYSAIL, renewed 2009
- ENGINE: Yanmar 4JH4BE 02418 44 diesel - 6182 hours FUEL FILTERS: Remote mounted Racor 500 with engine mounted secondary. PRIMING PUMP: 12 volt fuel priming pump THROTTLE CONTROLS: Cockpit mounted mechanical lever/cable type, with single lever for the throttle and single lever for the clutch. ENGINE MOUNTS AND BED: Rubber isolation mounts on reinforced fiberglassed bed ENGINE ALARMS: Low oil pressure alarm and coolant over heat warning audible at helm station. TRANSMISSION: Straight inboard, m/n KM4A-1, 2.65/1 ratio, s/n 0871, Kanzaki marine transmission PROP SHAFT: 1 1/4" stainless steel, serviceable. PROP SHAFT STUFFING BOX: Dripless type by PSS PROPELLER - Three bladed bronze prop, 17 x 14
- D.C System VOLTAGE: BATTERIES: One 100 ah 31, Two 165 ah 4D. AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat) 12 volt batteries CHARGING SYSTEM (BATTERY CHARGER): Raritan Crown II marine converter , 12 volt 30 amp charger SOLAR PANEL: Kyocera 120 watt panel, with a Blue Sky 2512i controller aft cockpit locker, securely mounted aft above the dinghy davits. WIND GENERATOR: A KISS wind gen mounted starboard aft on dedicated aluminum stanchion assembly, toggle switching for brake at cockpit locker A.C. System SHORE POWER INLET: One 30 amp, 125 volt inlet located aft cockpit OUTLETS: Various A.C. outlets available throughout yacht. GFCI outlets DC/AC INVERTER: Freedom Marine 20 inverter/charger: Control panel at the nav station
- Head Systems
- Two manual heads, forward and amidships Holding Tank: USCG Marine Sanitation Device type III, holding tank (est. 30 ga) Sealand discharge pump. Inline Y valves located in the port settee and forward bilge for the marine heads.
- Fresh Water Systems
- The vessel's freshwater system is supplied from an aluminum tank, with a capacity of 157 gallons, located centerline below the cabin sole. Pressure is supplied by a 12 volt Flojet pump with an inline screen/strainer. Water tank level gauge at the nav station Atwood 10.5 gallon water heater with heat exchanger plumbing to the engine. Village Marine "Little Wonder" 7 gallon per hour water maker, m/n LWM-150 located port settee area
- Ground Tackle
- ANCHOR: Bruce 20 kg (44 lb) plow RODE: 150', all chain rode WINDLASS: Maxwell Nilsson 12 volt windlass, horizontal gypsy/wildcat ANCHOR PLATFORM: Teak bowsprit platform with anchor roller assembly, two anchor rollers, stainless steel with rollers,
- Bottom Paint - 2012 Personal 406 EPIRB DAVITS: Two stainless steel tubular welded construction, with manual block/tackle purchase for dinghy lifting (starboard), manual winch (port) TELEVISIONS: Samsung 32" salon with Sony DVD and a Toshiba 18" forward STEREO: Eclipse 54400, am/fm/cd, located nav station.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Listing Broker JOE ZAMMATARO, CPYB Certified Professional Yacht Broker More High Definition Pictures Available Contact me for more Pictures and Info Call Me: (727) 527-2800 Email Me: Joe@JoeZam.com Visit My Website for : www.Joezam.com For over 30 years, I have helped clients realize their boating dreams and many have become life long friends. I'd like the opportunity to earn that relationship with you. With extensive experience as a sailor, boat builder, yacht broker, businessman and a proven negotiator, I will provide you with sound advice and representation. You will find my practical experience and broad product knowledge insightful in comparing and evaluating yachts you are considering. If your goal is to sell your boat, my sales and marketing experience will help you to sell your boat quickly, for the most dollars possible and have the process be hassle free. As one of a only 125 of the 3700 licensed brokers in Florida to qualify as a Certified Professional Yacht Broker (CPYB), you will be assured of honest and accurate representation and that your interests are always protected. Do you have a nice boat over 35' and over $100,000 that you'd like to sell? We have discounted slips available at our Denison Yacht Brokerage Display Center to give your boat maximum exposure. Put the power of Denison Yacht Sales' leading edge marketing campaign and me to work for you.