Bottom painted 7/14 and new AGM batteries installed. You Owe It to Yourself To See This One!
STELLA MARIS was repainted in 2012 with an Awlgrip spray painted exterior finish. The decks were also painted in 2012 with Awlgrip spray painted exterior finish and particle non-skid on the weather surfaces. With her beautiful paint, exterior teak, and classis lines. STELLA MARIS will please even the most discriminating buyer.
Cabo Rico sailboats are not just built, they are created. Her timeless design, from the clipper bow sprit sweeping gracefully into her jaunty sheer, to her easy to handle modern rig, the Cabo Rico 38 was conceived, designed, and built to be the perfect cruising yacht.
Cabo Rico Yachts are built in San Jose, Costa Rica where they found a balance of highly skilled craftsman and production facilities that combine traditional boat building methods with today’s materials, technologies, and cost effective management. The modern 125,000 square foot facility includes; a lumber mill where they plane, size and kiln dry their own solid teak; a cabinet shop where all joinery is hand assembled to exacting tolerances; a metal shop for fabricating pulpits, rails, chain plates, bow fittings, and other custom stainless steel hardware; and a separate building for all fiberglass molding and final assembly.
Each Cabo Rico is hand crafted beginning with a heavily built hull that far exceeded even today’s standards. Alternative layers of fiberglass mat and roving fiberglass are hand laid to a thickness of 1” surrounding the keel and ¾” to the sheer. From the garboards to the rub rail a 5/8” balsa wood core adds tremendous strength to the topsides, while providing excellent sound deadening and insulating qualities. The ballast is pre-formed casting fitted into the keel cavity. All voids are filled with a special fiberglass compound and the whole area is covered with layers of fiberglass and floor cross members. The keel encapsulation procedure insures the immobility of the ballast while providing extra strength, rigidity and the security of a double thick hull in this crucial area.
Like the hull, the deck is also of one-piece molded construction. It to, has a balsa wood core providing superior strength and rigidity along with excellent insulating qualities. Extra wide side decks and molded in bulwarks assure safe footing while adding strength and water-tight integrity and at the hull-deck joint.
A molded anchor locker with teak deck hatches, roller chocks, teak cap rails, hooded companionway, two chromed bronze dorade vents mounted on plexiglass and teak boxes, the teak and plexiglass deck hatches, along with the highest quality stainless steel and chrome plated hardware, ports and hawser holes are among a few of the amenities that you will find on the Cabo Rico 38.
STELLA MARIS is a beautiful example of the Cabo Rico 38 and she should definitely not be missed. STELLA MARIS is a yacht built to sail. Her long keeled, full bodied hull gives you the sure and steady feel one would expect, while her fine entry and high aspect cutter rig provides easy sailing and performance on all points.
- No other yacht in the same size can match the interior fit and finish or accommodations found on STELLA MARIS. The most striking feature setting her apart is the use of solid teak for all interior joinery. There is NO exposed plywood or fiberglass seen. Each piece of teak has been finished to perfection, with no less than seven coats of fine furniture sealer. Each piece is hand rubbed with pumice to a mirror like gloss. The interior is stunning with teak joinery and most cabinet doors are louvered. Some doors slide, some open outward, and some open downward. All interior cabin doors are rounded and louvered as well. Every drawer has dove-tailed drawers. The newer settee and dinette fabrics match very well. As you enter the side decks from the dock, you enter by way of either the port or starboard boarding gates. Aft is the large, self-draining, cockpit with plenty of seating for the crew, while the Captain seat is elevated making for an excellent view. The cockpit seats are covered with teak while the cockpit sole is self-draining and offers teak grated, removable flooring. There is a large storage lazarette under the port side seat and a shallow storage lazarette under the starboard seat. Under the Captain’s seat is the propane locker. Aft of the cockpit are sterns seats port and starboard. The Edson helm pedestal has a folding teak table forward, a binnacle mounted compass, engine and throttle controls, Garmin electronics mounted in a NAVPOD and a beautiful teak and stainless steel steering wheel. The canvas bimini, connector, and dodger were replaced in 2012. The companionway door has three teak boards. Entry is easy, down onto four steps and into the cabin. Immediately behind the steps is full door access into the engine compartment. Above the compartment and aft are two sliding doors with louvers that reveal a storage area. To port is the “U” shaped galley with more than ample space for storage and food preparation. The galley offers a large in-counter storage area aft, double stainless steel sinks, propane stove and oven, large in-counter refrigeration, and sliding black acrylic storage Across from the galley and along the starboard side is the quarter berth. The berth is large and offers outboard storage cabinets and a large storage file drawer under the berth forward. Just forward for the berth is the navigation station that offers a unique fold down desk and outboard storage locker. The navigation area has top opening storage, several drawers along the inboard edge with built in chart storage as well. Directly across from the navigation station is the electrical panel. Further forward is the main cabin with a long port side settee. Under the settee are three large storage cabinets with pull down louvered doors. Outboard are two large cabinets with sliding louvered doors and a centered book and shelf area. All the way forward is a large cabinet with storage shelf above and a bulkhead mounted flat panel TV. Across from the settee and along the starboard side is the “L” shaped dinette. The dinette has a fixed table with a folding leaf aft. The dinette can fit 4 easily. Under the settee are storage cabinets with pull down doors. Above the dinette and outboard are storage cabinets, a liquor and wine glass storage area and bookcase. The forward bulkhead features a large mirror. Continuing forward and to starboard is the single head complete with a separate shower stall, large stainless steel sink and mirror, manual toilet, and storage cabinets. In the shower stall are outboard storage shelving, a small storage cabinet and a teak seat. All the way forward is the main stateroom. The stateroom berth is offset against the starboard side and is longer than most similar berths. Along the port side is a large storage locker with louvered sliding doors and a seat for resting. Under the berth are storage cabinets. All the way forward is access into the anchor locker. Stunning best expresses the interior of STELLA MARIS!
- Located along the port side the “U” shaped galley is large and offers excellent storage and food preparation areas. The galley will please even the most discriminating onboard chef. Double stainless steel sinks Stainless steel faucet with sprayer, raw water pump and soap dispenser 8 cu ft. Adler-Barbour-Crosby with 12 volt refrigeration and separate thermostat Tasco stainless steel gimbaled propane stove with two burner stove top and cutting board cover (2) Worthington #20 propane cylinders and electric propane solenoid Under stove storage area Outboard storage with black acrylic sliding doors Overhead storage cabinet forward Beautiful teak counter tops Multiple storage utility drawers and cabinets Red and white overhead dome lights (2) galley dome lights Stainless steel safety rail Trash storage receptacle
- Ritchie Globemaster SP-5 compass mounted at helm in stainless steel binnacle ICOM IC-M502 VHF at NAVSTA with RAM microphone for helm ICOM IC-M710 SSB radio at NAVSTA Garmin GMI 10 wind instrument at helm Autohelm 6000 autopilot with wired remote Garmin 740s color chart plotter with depth sounder Garmin Digital 18”radar display with 36 mile range EPIRB
- Aft cockpit teak stern seats with double stainless steel rails Port and starboard boarding gates with removable stainless steel and teak ladder Stainless steel stanchions with double life lines Secondary Bruce 33 lbs. anchor with chain and rope rode Primary CQR 46 lbs. anchor with chain rode Maxwell 1200 DC electric anchor windlass with foot switches Large stainless steel and teak bow pulpit with double stainless steel rails Teak grab rails along the cabin top Aft stainless steel boarding gate with stainless steel folding swim ladder Non-skid deck surfaces painted light beige All stainless steel and bronze deck hardware White Sunbrella bimini, connector and dodger with isinglass protective covers Green Sunbrella sail and helm covers Sunbrella winter storage cover Monitor Windvane self-steering system Large 150 gallon water capacity in two water tanks
- Sails & Rigging
- New 2012 anodized aluminum mast stepped through cabin top New 2012 standing stainless steel rigging with 1 x 19 wire with swaged terminals and turnbuckles Stainless steel chain plates bolted through the hull Bobstay, port/starboard whisker secure solid teak bowsprit Masthead sloop rig with cap shrouds to the mast head through the single spreaders, aft intermediates and fwd./aft lower shrouds to the spreader bases; Back stay with insulators for the SSB Anodized aluminum boom with fixed gooseneck and reef horn Mast external jiffy reefing gear Dacron fully battened (with batt cars) mainsail with sail cover Mainsail Dutchman system (2) deep jiffy rigs sheeted via a line controlled traveler spanning the sea hood New 2012 Harken roller furling on the head stay which is inside the roller furling #2 genoa, jib, sheeting through adjustable toe rail blocks Barient two-speed self-tailing winches at the cockpit coaming New 2012 external double braided halyards New 2012 mast face winches Mast strobe and deck lights
- 12 volt DC and 120 volt AC power with panel and circuit breakers, new in 2012 ABYC color coded stranded copper wiring AC and DC volt and Amp meters above panel GFI protected 120 volt receptacles for galley and head 30 Amp shore power connection with power cord and adapters Marine Air 16,000 BTU reverse cycle air conditioning and heat Xantrex battery charger with Link 10 monitor at NAVSTA Perko battery selector switches with interconnect Group-24 engine battery is a wet cell in spill proof containment box (3) Group-27 AGM ship’s service batteries in single poly spill box Fourwinds aft wind generator
- Universal (Kubota) 50B, in-line 4 cylinder 50 horsepower diesel engine with 2512 hrs. new in ‘99 Cockpit engine panel with RPM, water temp and oil pressure gauges with alarms Hurth HBW-150 ratio transmission Stainless steel shaft with dripless shaft log Stainless steel throttle and transmission controls at pedestal Maxi-prop 3 blade feathering propeller Edson pedestal with teak and stainless steel steering wheel Racor primary fuel filter Stainless steel rimmed teak spooked wheel with wheel brake Emergency tiller through deck fitting
- Brokers Remarks
- Not to be missed. With the new paint and constant care and upgrades, STELLA MARIS is an exceptional Cabo Rico 38. Easy to see and ready to go! Financing, insurance and delivery information available through listing broker
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.