- 43 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
Discovery is very well equipped sailing vessel ready for cruising with a full complement of instruments, communication and alternate power generating sources (wind, solar panels, generator/battery charger and high output alternator on main motor). This boat has everything needed to leave the dock and go cruising.
Layout – Sought after Center Line Salon/Berth with vanity and sink in forward cabin. One head and two showers, one of the two showers is a cockpit shower.
43 feet long on deck, 12 foot beam, and 5’-8” draft when loaded for cruising - specified as 5'-3” draft by Saga when new out of the factory. The 39 feet of waterline can approach an amazing 40’ when slightly heeled up underway and makes for a very fast 43' boat. The shallow draft option allows for cruising in the Bahamas, certain cruising areas in the U. S. and other parts of the world where deeper draft boats are often limited or cannot go.
Displacement specified by Saga new out of the factory is 22,000 lbs.
The radar arch option as provided by Saga Yachts on Discovery is an excellent platform for mounting solar panels, bimini, wind generator, radar, antennas and dinghy davits. The arch design flows smoothly into the sleek lines of the boat whether using the davits carrying the dinghy out of the water or folded into the lines of the arch when not in use. The davits are barely visible unlike many davit systems when up and not in use. The ease of lifting a dingy out of the water makes this davit system very useful and the common cruising chore of lifting the dinghy more easily accomplished.
The customized back rest and seat at the navigational station provides comfort and support while under way.. The curved back design helps hold one in place even when heeled at an angle unlike the standard design (no support) as provided from the factory.
- Entering from the cockpit through the companionway and down a few stairs you enter the sailboat living area. The entire interior of Discovery features beautiful hand crafted, satin varnished cherry wood interior with teak and holly floors coordinated upholstery fabric. Along the starboard side is the large “U” shaped galley with ample storage and counter top space. To port is the entrance into the guest cabin which has a king sized berth. Further forward is the head with a separate shower stall and shower seat. The main salon features port and starboard settees and a beautiful center line folding dinette table, with center storage, which can be lifted on either the port or starboard sides. On the starboard side forward of the galley is the navigational station. This boat has added a custom back rest for additional comfort. The custom back rest provides additional support while underway and is unique to this boat. Further forward is the master stateroom complete with center line queen sized bed with custom foam mattress and vanity with stainless steel sink. The master offers two cedar lined hanging lockers and under bed drawers. The interior shows the outstanding and beautiful hand rubbed and varnished cherry wood interior and the teak holly floors. All port holes are stainless steel. The main salon features overhead handrails and ample storage cabinets. Several opening ports and overhead hatches allow both natural light and ventilation.
- Large “U” shaped galley along the starboard side offers a great food preparation and cooking area that will please any discriminating chef. Double stainless steel sink Water tank monitoring gauge for port tank or both tanks combined Corian counter tops with fiddles Illuminated top loading 12 volt Nova Cool refrigerator with its own cooling coils and compressor Top loading freezer has an independent 12 volt Technautics cold plate "Cool Blue System" Par Dual Max water pump system with two pumps and an integrated expansion tank, one pump will work if one of the two pumps fails. Storage cabinets above countertop Storage drawers Freshwater foot pump Propane 3 burner Force 10 stove top with thermostatic oven and broiler Spice rack above counter top Built in Sylvania microwave oven
- Lofrans Progress II 1500 watt electric windlass with foot controls and cockpit remote Stainless steel bowsprit 2 stainless steel anchor rollers Delta 44 lb. anchor with 3/8 inch chain rode, 185 feet of chain plus 75 feet of 5/8 inch line. Bruce 44 lb. anchor, 25 feet of 5/16 chain and 175 feet of 5/8 inch line. ShruFlo anchor wash down system at bow 8 heavy duty cast stainless steel framed opening ports 4 fixed stainless steel framed ports 7 Lewmar “Ocean Series” hatches with screens 30 inch stainless steel stanchions with double life-lines Port and Starboard boarding gate Dark blue Sunbrella dodger and bimini with side curtains Whitlock steering pedestal 4 integral fiberglass Dorade boxes with stainless steel cowls and guards Slotted Aluminum toe rail Removable helm seat revealing walk through to swim platform Transom door to platform with stainless steel swim ladder Cockpit hot and cold shower Custom dinghy davits integrated with radar arch (looks and works good) C-10 Caribe Dinghy w/ 15 HP Yamaha outboard
- Electronics & Helm
- Ritchie compass at helm with cover Horizon Matrix GX 2150 VHF radio with RAM microphone at helm and integrated AIS receiver, new 2013 Raytheon Digital 48 mile Radar at Helm Station, new 2012 Raymarine C-9.5 Chartplotter at helm, new 2012 Raytheon ST-6000+ autopilot Raytheon ST-60 wind instrument Raytheon ST-60 Tri Data (Speed, Depth and Log) Raytheon ST-60 Multi-Functional Display Whitlock Autopilot Drive Unit Raytheon ST 600R Remote Auto Pilot Control at Navigational Station (also serves as multi-functional data display Ubiquity Networks High Power Wi-Fi antenna, Bullet HP2, Ethernet system, Power over Ethernet connected to router for onboard Wi-Fi ICOM 706 MKGII SSB Ham and Marine radio Pactor Modem for SSB radio email connection Digi Edgeport 4 port USB adaptor for integrations of two GPS’s, AIS and Pactor Modem to computer navigational systems. Sirius Radio receiver with external marine antenna
- Lightning grounded protection system Deluxe 12 volt and 120 volt electrical distribution panel with hinged access Magnetic circuit breakers, volt and amp meters and battery monitoring system 30 amp shore power cord Link 1000 battery monitor systems at Navigation Station 120 amp engine alternator with smart regulator, back-up regulator already in place in case of a failure 6 golf cart batteries for house systems with 675 amp hours capacity Dedicated 12 volt engine Group 27 start battery Next Generation Power Genset 3.5 KW (1215 hours). Recent major tune up at Next Gen factory, 2012 - 100 hours since tune up. A 100 amp alternator can be added to gen motor for additional or redundant generating capacity KISS Wind Generator Seperate Engine, Genset, House bank battery and solar panel switches and battery parallel switch Grounding System 11 gallon hot water heater with engine heat exchanger Heart Freedom 2000 watt inverter with 100 amp battery charger LED lights throughout interior LED tricolor and anchor light West Marine WM 4000 AM/FM radio with USB and Bluetooth function (new 2013) Stereo speakers in salon and cockpit
- Heavy duty sound insulation Engine room work lights Remote oil filter Yanmar 56 HP, 4 cylinder diesel with 4075 hours Recessed Yanmar engine controls and instrument panel Kanzaki reduction gear Single lever control for throttle and transmission 120 volt SK water maker, 10 g/hr. Quick drain oil change pump Racor primary fuel filter on each tank with vacuum gauge Stainless steel shaft with dripless seal Emergency tiller Two manual bilge pumps 2000 GPH Electric bilge pump with automatic float switch Fuel capacity - 96 gallons - replaced existing and upgraded with new tanks for additional capacity Water capacity - 135 gallons Holding tank - 20 gallons
- Sail Area: I-58.7 ft., JC-18.25 ft., J-15.66 ft., E-16.50 ft., P-51 ft. Offshore Spars aluminum mast and boom Keel stepped double spreader mast Stainless steel rigging Schaeffer roller furling for genoa (3100) Schaeffer roller furling for jib (2100) Harken 40ST 2-speed winch on cabin top starboard side with 3 sheet stopper Harken 40ST 2-speed electric winch on port cabin top with 6 sheet stoppers Mack Sails full battened main (2012) with Harken Batt-Carr system Stack Pack for main sail (Doyle Cradle Cover) Harken adjustable mainsheet traveler for mid-sheeted boom Forspar mechanical rod van Halyards and reef lines all lead to cockpit 130% genoa forward and 100% inner jib Spaghetti boxes for halyards and reef line tails in cockpit coaming
- Brokers Comments
- The Saga 43, designed by Robert Perry is a true bluewater capable sailboat.
- Mechanical Disclaimer
- * Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- John has sold 4 used Saga 43s over the last three years and is ready to assist in buying or selling your Saga. As a Certified Professional Yacht Broker (CPYB) John strives to satisfy every buying or selling experience. United Yacht Sales of the Carolinas is based in New Bern, NC and is one of only 36 Endorsed Brokerages in the USA and Canada through the Certified Professional Yacht Broker Association. The principle broker, John Peterson, is one of only 500 Certified Professional Yacht Brokers (CPYB) in the USA and Canada. Buy and sell with complete confidence.