- 36 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 3YM20C 3-cyl fwc diesel
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
WIND CHASER is a beautiful example of the Sparkman & Stevens designed Morris M36 Daysailer. One of the last designs that Olin Stephens worked on, the M36 is the epitome of elegant simplicity with a graceful combination of classic lines and modern design and boat building. All control lines are led under deck to two winches at the helm, allowing the boat to be easily sailed by one person without ever leaving the wheel while the large open cockpit with over six foot seats provide plenty of room for family and friends. A North Sails Quick Cover integrated with the lazyjacks and a self-tacking roller furled jib make setting sail quick and easy.
Wind Chaser was customized by her owner during the build process to include upgraded electronics, varnished teak cockpit table and backrest cushions, electric winches and much more. She also features a custom Sparkman & Stephens designed shoal draft keel that gives her access to shallow waters like the west coast of Florida or the Chesapeake while preserving her nimble and rewarding performance. She is for sale by her original owner who has used her lightly and has kept her professionally maintained.
- WIND CHASER is a beautiful example of the Morris M36 Daysailer. Designed to be easily handled by one person, she features a custom 4’-6” shallow draft keel making her perfect for the shallow waters of areas like Florida or the Chesapeake and includes a full boat cover to protect her from the elements. She has been lightly used and professionally maintained and is ready to provide her new owner with many years of enjoyment on the water. * Preliminary Listing
- HULL and DECK
- Construction: Composite Fiberglass hull and deck with Core-Cell core Vinylester resin used throughout Custom 4’-6” shoal draft keel. Hull is Flag Blue Awlgrip, Single White boot stripe, Gold leaf cove stripe. White decks with tan nonskid. Red bottom paint. Deck Features: Varnished teak toerails, coaming cap, and eyebrow. Stainless steel handrails on cabin top. Opening round portlights in forward end of trunk cabin. (2) 3” stainless steel cowl vents on varnished teak dorade boxes.
- Large comfortable cockpit with wheel steering and all control lines led to electric winches at helm. Forward is the teak companionway access hatch to the interior accommodations below. Varnished teak steering wheel. Teak decking on cockpit sole. Optional varnished teak table with leaves (additional mounting base between settees below) with padded storage bag. (2) Electric Lewmar 40 winches (6) Lewmar rope clutches leading all sail control lines to winches @ the helm. Cockpit seat cushions. Optional backrest cushions. Varnished removable saloon style companionway doors with storage bag in cockpit locker. Large sail lockers under cockpit settees Quarter sawn teak decking on cockpit sole Stainless steel drink holders by electric winches
- HELM & NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
- Pedestal wheel steering Switch panel and engine controls are located conveniently for helmsman. Stainless steel pedestal guard – with mounted Raymarine display Compass mounted in stainless steel binnacle with cover. Edson wire rope/chain steering system. Carbon fiber/epoxy spade rudder with carbon fiber rudderpost. Primary winches - convenient to the helmsman Navigation and Electronic Equipment: ICOM IC-M402 waterproof VHF Radio w/additional cockpit-mounted Command Microphone. Raymarine 435i 6” color GPS display mounted on the pedestal guard at the helm. Raymarine ST6001 autopilot with control panel mounted on cockpit coaming. Raymarine wireless remote for autopilot. Raymarine ST60 Speed, depth, & wind instruments with Tridata and analog wind displays. No-strike lightning arrestor at masthead. Alpine Stereo with 6 CD changer and interior/exterior Alpine speakers. Ritchie 5” compass with chrome cover.
- ACCOMMODATIONS BELOW
- Three steps down the companionway, a simple and open interior provides everything needed for a weekend away. There is an enclosed head to port and a simple galley to starboard complete with DC refrigeration, polished stainless steel sink undermounted in a Corian counter, fresh water hand pump and storage in lockers and drawers. Forward of the head and galley are two settees over six feet in length, comfortable for sitting or napping. A large forepeak storage area is accessed through louvered mahogany doors just past twin end table lockers or from an oversized deck hatch which provides ample light and ventilation. The Herreshoff styling with white bulkheads and gloss varnished mahogany trim provides a light, elegant and open feel. GALLEY - Located to starboard directly below the companionway: Isotherm 1.45 CUFT DC refrigerator with stainless steel liner. “Bone” Corian countertop. Deep, mirror polished stainless steel sink. Fresh water hand pump. Garbage bin under sink. Varnished mahogany lockers and drawers. AC/DC electrical panel mounted on aft bulkhead MAIN SALON: Two settee berths with Ultrasuede upholstery over six feet long. Twin end table lockers are forward of the settees. Forward behind a louvered door is a large storage area for fenders, sails, etc. Additional mount for cockpit table for dining or working below Additional storage behind seat back cushions Large fixed portlights with varnished mahogany frames allow abundant light below A large louvered double mahogany door separates the forepeak storage from the main cabin area. HEAD (opposite galley to port): A paneled mahogany door leads into the Head from main cabin. Raritan PHII marine toilet. 20-gallon polyethylene holding tank, and external tank level monitor. Corian countertop with round, mirror polished stainless steel sink and storage space for assorted toiletries. Fynspray fresh water hand pump. Vanity and head trim is oiled teak Overhead dome light Solar powered stainless steel overhead air vent Teak-framed mirror on forward bulkhead
- SAILS and RIGGING
- Carbon fiber mast and aluminum boom by Hall Spars (Awlgripped to match deck). Fractional rig with swept back spreaders. North Sails full batten main with single slab reef (Both main halyard and reef line run underdeck to winch at helm), lazy jacks, and North Quick Cover. North Sails jib, self-tacking with Harken furler (both jib sheet and furler line run underdeck to winch at helm), Antal size 40 mainsail luff track. Navtec stainless steel rod standing rigging. New England rope low-stretch running rigging. Hall QuickVang (vang line run underdeck to winch at helm). Navtec hydraulic backstay adjuster (adjustable from helm). Jib halyard block and tackle tension adjuster on mast Cunningham with block and tackle adjustment Outhaul adjustment with block and tackle adjustment on boom Lewmar winch handles Winches: (2) #40 Lewmar electric self-tailing winches at helm (6) Lewmar rope clutches at helm leading sail control lines to electric winches. Control lines include: main halyard, main sheet, main reef line, jib furler line, jib sheet, vang line, (1) #40 Lewmar manual self-tailing winch on mast
- 12-Volt DC System: Two 12-VDC Lifeline AGM house batteries. One Optima engine start battery. Mastervolt 60-Amp/12VDC alternator with multi-stage regulator for battery charging. Mastervolt AC/DC distribution panel. Dockside shore power - with 30-amp inlet. Mastervolt 30 amp 3-stage battery charger.
- Yanmar 3YM20C 21-hp with SD Saildrive unit: 3-cylinder, direct injected, fresh water-cooled marine diesel. Racor #220 spin-on fuel/water separator. Engine box is fitted with Soundown Vinyl/Foam composite noise reduction insulation. Companionway steps hinge up for easy access for engine maintenance Flex-O-Fold 16” two-blade propeller. Custom Morris instrument panel at the helm including Faria gauges with SS bezels, ignition switch, start and stop buttons, and audible alarms. Morse single lever throttle with neutral safety switch mounted on pedestal. Jabsco diaphragm 12-volt bilge pump with removable strainer. Whale Gusher 10 manual bilge pump (helm). Emergency tiller steering
- ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT
- Full boat sun cover Ensign and staff Fenders with covers Dock lines Rigging rollers Flares (2) dry chemical fire extinguishers Bruce 22lb anchor, 100’ ½” nylon anchor rode w’ six feet of 5/16” chain Boat Hook
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Hinckley Brokerage Offices: SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME: Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 or E-mail: email@example.com ? Broker: Wythe Ingebritson Cell: 207-664-8111 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 207-244-5531 PORTSMOUTH, RI: Broker: Joe Dwyer Cell: 401-578-2919 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 401-683-7005 ANNAPOLIS, MD : Broker: Peter Howard (CPYB) Cell: 443-852-0193 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org om Office: 410-263-0095 STUART-FL: Broker: Tripper Vincent Cell: 561-262-3900 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 772-403-5387 NAPLES-FL: Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 239-261-2879 HARBOR SPRINGS-MI: Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 231-526-4378