- 49 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
UNIQUE TO KROGEN - THIS IS A SEMI DISPLACEMENT “FAST” TRAWLER
MAJOR PRICE REDUCTION - SELLER MOTIVATED
Exceptional Interior Finish Work - Huge Outdoor Spaces - The Perfect Cruiser
Sleeps (6) in Two Private Cabins, Plus Convertible Double in Pilot House
Fully Air Conditioned (3 Systems) w/ Reverse Cycle Heat
Large Owner’s En-suite Double Cabin Forward
Guest Cabin Amidships, Can Be – Single, Double, or Office w/settee
Huge Salon Leads to Covered Aft Deck
Large – Full Galley with Abundant Storage Forward of Salon – and Open to Salon
Raised Pilot House, w/ Lower Helm Station with Good Visibility and Easy Access to Side Decks and Flybridge
Interior Access to Large Flybridge with Full Covered Upper Helm Station – Molded L-Shaped settee – Large Open Aft deck, and Boat Deck
Huge full Stand up Engine Room - Twin Diesel Caterpillar Engines – Low Hours
Abundant Storage for Extended Cruising
This vessel was designed and equipped for comfortable and efficient Loop or Waterway, or Offshore cruising. The design of the Krogen 49 Express Cruiser is the work of Jim Krogen in creating a certain style, comfort, and performance known in the commuter yacht era, and upgraded with the construction methods and materials of today.
This Kadey-Krogen yacht flows naturally from one area to the next, from the fully covered aft deck, to the saloon, up to the pilothouse or down to the sleeping accommodations. This basic design makes the yacht very comfortable and easy to get around in, yet gives every crew member his or her privacy—a key factor in long-term enjoyment. Compare the interior of this yacht to other trawler interiors. You will agree she is the most spacious vessel in her class.
DO NOT MISS THE OPPORTUNITY TO OWN THIS EXCEPTIONAL VESSEL
CALL THE LISTING BROKER TODAY
PLEASE CLICK OPEN “FULL SPECS” BELOW THE PHOTO ABOVE FOR COMPLETE DETAILS
SEE ADDITIONAL PHOTOS ON THE U-TUBE VIDEO
CLICK FOR A VIRTUAL TOUR: http://goo.gl/eEvihM
- LOA -------------------------49 ft 6 in--------------------------- 15.09 meters LWL ---------------------------47 ft 11 in --------------------------14.6 meters Beam ----------------------- 14 ft. 9 in -------------------------- 4.5 meters Draft ------------------------ 4 ft. ------------------------------- 1.22 meters Displacement -------------- 39,000 lbs ---------------------- 17,690 Kilograms Vessel is ballasted by - Internal fuel, water and machinery Engines - (2) Caterpillar 3116 350 HP Diesels (6 cyl) Port engine 2552 hours – Starbd 2544 hours Cruise speed – 12-16 kts – Max Speed 20 kts Generator ------- Fisher Panda 12 kw 240v/120 v ( hours uncertain) Tankage: Water - (2) 300 Gallons total – Stainless steel tanks ------------ 1135.6 liters total Fuel - (2) 600 Gallons total - Aluminum tanks ------------------- 2271.2 liters total Holding – (1) 100 gallon – fiberglass ----------------------------- 378.5 liters Gray water tank - (1) sump type in forward bilge area
- FULLY AIR CONDITIONED –(3 units) CRUISAIRE W/ REVERSE CYCLE HEAT and SMXll digital controls Sleeps (6) in - Two private double cabins forward, plus additional double berth in pilot house with convertible settee (2) Heads w. Vacu- flush toilet and showers Splendid Comb-O-Matic 2000 clothes washer/dryer Hot water heater - AC and with engine heat exchanger Teak and holly floor throughout Staterooms: Staterooms are well lit and ventilated, with real hanging lockers, dressers and under berth drawers to accommodate a full wardrobe for whatever occasion may arise. The master berth features cavernous storage spaces below the island platform, and lifts on struts to allow easy access. MASTER CABIN: T he owner’s stateroom is forward. It is spacious with over 7 ft. of head room. There is a raised island queen walk around berth. Port and starboard his and hers hanging wardrobes Aft is a large built in bureau and makeup vanity together with a large wall mirror. To either side of the bed are built in small settees Below the bed are 6 large storage drawers and under a very large storage locker Overhead is a large Bomar opening deck hatch with screen. The ensuite bath is aft to port. It has a separate stall shower vanity with sink and freshwater flush Vacuflush head, and custom privacy door and towel storage area. GUEST CABIN/OFFICE : The guest stateroom is at the forward lower level and to starboard. It is configured to be dual purpose, serving as a cabin as well as a day room/ and office. Custom built in desk Comfortable settee or single berth – which slides out to convert to a double berth Hanging locker and storage shelves. GUEST HEAD/Day Head: The guest head is located opposite to port and includes a stall shower, teak grate and Vacuflush fresh water head, vanity with sink, storage and overhead solar cell vent fan. Storage (from manufacturer) : Owners who live aboard a Kadey-Krogen design are astonished with their ability to keep treasured possessions because of the storage capacity. Whether moving from another vessel or it’s their first time aboard, owners discover that they can find places for scuba gear, kayaks, bicycles and more—all within easy access.
- VESSEL WALK THROUGH
- EXTERIOR: Vessel can be boarded by from the dock through the opening side doors, Port & Starbd into the aft cockpit. She can also be entered from the water, or a tender, by the swim platform, and then through the transom door to the aft cockpit. The cockpit is safe and secure due to the high freeboard aft. There is complete walk around decks that are protected by a high bulwark, and SS railings forward of the cockpit. The foredeck is also quite large with lots of forward deck space for line handling or anchor work. Cockpit is fully covered by the extension of the upper deck. INTERIOR: Double doors open from the cockpit into the Main Salon, which is very bright and airy due to the large sliding windows Port & Starbd, as well as three large vertical windows aft. Upon entering the salon, which is level with the cockpit, a comfortable curved seating area is to Starbd with a beautiful wooden table that adjusts high or low for dining or cocktails. This table also has a removable top exposing a smaller table beneath. Custom cabinetry and shelving is to port allowing for a good deal of storage. The Galley is forward of the Salon, on the same level and is separated from the Salon by a finished counter/divider. Teak paneling faces the Salon, while teak storage cabinets face the Galley. The main breaker panels are on the bulkhead forward of the Galley as you ascend three steps up to the Pilot House. Inside the Pilot house is excellent visibility due to the large forward, and side window array as well as opening doors with windows. The Pilot House contains the extensive lower Helm station as well as a large guest bench seat aft with table in from of the seating. This seat slides forward to convert to an additional double berth. Slightly to Port, in the forward part of the Pilot House is the stairway to the two forward sleeping cabins, and heads The Guest cabin is first, to Starbd along the lower companionway, and a day head is to Port. This head also serves the guest cabin. Forward is the Owner’s cabin with an en-suite head. Vessel has teak and holly sole throughout, with teak paneling, and trim on the walls, and Corian counter surfaces FLYBRIDGE: There is also a stairway in the aft section of the Pilot House, to Port, which allows access to the Flybridge. The Flybridge is quite large with the upper helm centered and an L-shaped settee for guest seating to Starbd. This area can be completed enclosed with Isinglass. Aft of the Helm area is an open deck with a boat deck further aft. The boat deck has a movable davit for launching a tender. The Helm area is protected by a fiberglass superstructure the surrounds the helm, and the aft deck is protected by a SS railing.
- SPECIAL FEATURES
- Pilothouse : The raised Pilothouse with custom console gives the Captain a feeling of control with good visibility. Side doors provide excellent access to port and starboard side decks. Large opening Bomar overhead hatch for ventilation. Large settee pulls out to a double pilot berth aft of helm with a teak drop down table forward of settee. Chart storage drawer with additional storage. Convenient interior access to flybridge. Flybridge: This flybridge is a Loop Cruiser's dream. Accessed by four steps up from the pilot house, the view is tremendous. The helm area of the flybridge is covered with a Bimini top on Stainless Steel tubing structure with a full enclosure so that piloting from here can be done in any weather. There is a custom console with a swiveling helm chair and an L shaped settee. Ample storage lockers are found beneath the settee. Aft of the helm deck there is an additional sun deck. This is a large deck area that will accommodate table and chairs, or sun lounge to her new owner’s specifications. This deck has a 1" stainless steel tubing rail around it with blue weather cloths. A perfect space for entertaining, sunning, or watching the world go by. Covered Aft Deck (from manufacturer) The fully covered aft deck that owners affectionately refer to as their "back porch" acts as an open air expansion of the saloon, is comfortable in almost any weather, and provides yet another living area perfect for reading and entertaining. Aft deck access hatch. Generous storage, rudder post and steering gear access. There is a center line access door to the GRP swim platform. Port and starboard removable openings for boarding access. Teak deck and a BBQ grille mounted on the aft rail.
- SALON and GALLEY
- SALON Satin finished Cherry cabinetry with a varnished teak and holly sole. Large opening windows either side provide exceptional visibility and when desired, natural ventilation. Aft to starboard is a custom crescent shaped settee upholstered in a medium blue ultra-leather type fabric. Adjacent is a convertible adjustable height teak table with 2 tops to double as both as a dining and cocktail table. Custom port side cabinetry houses the entertainment center together with a variety of cabinets, drawers and open shelving. Dual (large and small) hatches provide easy access to the generous storage below the salon. This area also houses the house battery bank and its separate charger. It should be noted that throughout there are numerous polished stainless steel opening port lights with screens. Galley: Galley is located in forward section of Salon – to Starbd – it is bright and airy with an open feel – You will find that the galley design is as comfortably functional as any you find on any comparably sized yacht. The Galley is generously sized for meal preparation and carrying on a conversation with friends seated in the saloon. Sensible appliances are best quality and perfectly sized. Best of all, with the galley open to the saloon, the chef is always “in the mix” and not out of the conversation. A functional counter separates Galley from Salon. Jenn Aire electric oven Jenn Aire 4 burner electric stove ( shut offs at stove and switch panel) BBQ – Portable – Mounted in aft cockpit Microwave – Kenmore General Electric standing refrigerator/freezer Hot water heater – 20 Gallons –Raritan Washer/dryer -Splendide – Combo-matic Corian counter tops in Galley Seagull water purifier and spigot at Galley sink
- ELECTRONICS and ELECTRICAL
- ELECTRONICS – LOWER STATION: Auto Pilot - Simrad AP 20 Radar – Furuno 36 mile range w/enclosed array antenna GPS – Simrad CE32 Chart Plotter VHF (2) – Icom IC-M127, and Icom IC-412 - (2 VHF antennas) Depth Finder – Data Marine Multi Speed log – Data Marine Multi Wind Speed – Data Marine 6” Danforth Constellation Compass EPIRB – ACR 406 MH Anchor windlass control – up/down VDO rudder angle indicator ELECTRONICS – UPPER STATION Auto Pilot - Simrad Radar – Furuno 36 mile range repeater GPS – Simrad Shipmate CE-30 color chart plotter w/ fish finder VHF – Icom IC M59 w/ VHF antenna Depth Finder – Data Marine Multi Speed log – Data Marine Multi Danforth Constellation Hi-Speed Compass Engine controls – gauges – Anchor windlass control – UP/Down Entertainment: Salon – Akai Flat screen TV _ Satellite antennae Salon – Bose DVD player Salon – Stereo – Bose AM/FM/CD Cell phone antenna ELECTRICAL 12v Battery charger – Heart Freedom 25 (2500 watt) inverter/charger w/ Xantrex controller Batteries: (6) 12v in engine room – covered battery boxes w/ Isolator switch (2) engine start batteries – Group-31 GSM (1) generator start battery - Group-31 GSM (3) 8d House batteries ( in compartment under Salon) 12v DC and 120 v AC lighting Shore power receptacles – (2) 50 Amp 250v - (1) on retractable Glendenning powered reel, 80 ft cord (1) On Port side of Pilot House Phone & TV receptacles 12v DC breaker panel in Salon 240v AC Breaker panel in Salon Marine SAT Skywatch tracking DSS TV antenna Breaker panels – Main panel to Port in forward section of Salon - Second panel to Starbd of Helm in Pilot House.
- Twin Caterpillar diesel engines located amidships, below Pilot House sole. Separate insulated door access from lower level, and hatches in Galley floor. Engines are set on flexible mounts – Engine bed: fiberglass stringers with steel over. There is an integral fiberglass pan beneath each engine. Engine room has blower with separate powered intake and exhaust vents (2) Caterpillar 3116 - 350 HP (at 2800 RPM) Diesels (6 cyl) Fresh water cooled w/salt water heat exchanger – Turbo Charged w/after cooler ( Turbo engages at 2200 RPM) Port engine 2552 hours – Starbd 2544 hours Transmission – Twin disc MG-5061 Aquadrive anti-vibration drive X-Change-R oil change system Fuel transfer pump Fuel filters: Dual Racor #900 primary filters - inline - with bowls, Caterpillar secondary filters on engines Exhaust - hose connected to Stainless Steel risers, w/ fiberglass water collection mufflers Controls - Single lever Mathers Microno-Commander electronic controls w/ engine synchronizer Steering – Hynautic Hydraulic steering at lower helm and upper helm Shaft logs – Bronze shaft log w/Strong Seal dripless gland Steering – Hydraulic - upper and lower helm Stainless steel propeller shafts – 2” Propellers – twin 26” four blade Bronze – protected by central keel that extends below the propellers – w/spurs line cutters Rudders- twin Stainless steel Bilge pumps – (3) Electric Bilge, automatic, pumps – (1) electric automatic shower sump (2) Solar ventilators CO2 detectors and smoke alarm Bilge buster Ozone generator Generator: Fisher Panda 12 MPW- 240v/120 v- in sound shield compartment – 12 kw ( hours unknown) located on centerline – aft – in engine room – Fresh water cooled w/salt water heat exchanger Racor #500 in-line Primary filter w/ bowl - secondary on Kubota engine
- HULL and DECK
- Hull is molded fiberglass with Wedgewood Blue gel-coat, solid fiberglass below the waterline, molded fiberglass w/foam core topsides – Side and foredecks are molded fiberglass with nonskid pattern, foam core, - Aft deck is teak over fiberglass, with self -bailing scuppers. Superstructure is molded fiberglass with foam core. Vessel has a ¾ length keel approximately 24” deep, and a curved stem. There are 5 interior bulkheads. All fastenings are reinforced fiberglass and stainless steel. Superstructure is molded fiberglass with white gel-coat Stem is raked and flared to deflect spray – A high bulwark runs the entire length of the boat for safety Transom is molded fiberglass with decorative wood overlay Cockpit has teak sole over fiberglass Vessel has a three quarter length keel Through hulls –bronze, Stainless Steel dual anchor support platform – Ground tackle – 66 lb SS Bruce anchor w/ 200 ft chain - 45 lb SS Bruce anchor w/ chain and 150 ft rode – 33 lb Fortress anchor w/ 300 ft rode Anchor Windlass – Lewmar bidirectional vertical windlass w/ remote Stanchions are SS with SS top rail and lifelines – There is a teak caprail around the high sides surrounding the cockpit. Vessel has a fiberglass swim platform with(2) SS boarding ladders ( one to Port, one to Starbd) – Opening transom door provides access to swim platform Aluminum gangway CG approved running lights, and Anchor light Shower in cockpit –Hot/Cold Fresh water wash down in cockpit Stainless steel propane Bar B Q Bennett trim tabs w/ plane position indicators Fresh water & Sea water wash downs on forward deck TANKAGE: Fuel - ( 2) 600 Gallons total – Aluminum - in engine room outboard, Port & Starbd, and aft of engines – very accessible w/glass sight tubes – w/ inline tank manifold and valves – Copper and approved flexible fuel lines Water - (2) 300 Gallons total – Stainless steel tanks - located Port & Starbd in forward section of engine room Holding – (1) 100 gallon – fiberglass located in bilge – forward – under guest stateroom FLYBRIDGE: Radar mast w/tabernacle hinge for easy lowering to decrease air draft – (2) mast spreader lights Bimini top over upper helm – Blue Canvas w/SS frame w/ enclosure (for template only) Stainless Steel stanchions and rail surround aft seating area w/ blue canvas sides Nautical Structures aluminum dinghy davit w/ 12v electric winch – 800 lb capacity 11ft Achilles tender w/15 HP Suzuki outboard motor (Optional ) - stored on upper deck aft of fly bridge) Compressed air horn
- ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT
- Fire extinguishers – (4) 3 lb, (2) 10 lb dry powder Safety equipment – Flares, Life jackets, Life ring, First aid kit EPIRB – Acer 406 MH Smoke detectors
- BROKER REMARKS
- This yacht is hull #6 in this series. She was constructed to the owner’s specifications that incorporated a number of modifications, many of which were made standard in later models. Classically styled, but utilizing the latest construction techniques including Knytex fabric, Airex and Divinycell cores and vinylester resins, She is fast, roomy and comfortable. A long keel provides protection for the running gear, and her hull transitions from fine, deep-V sections forward to rounded bilges amidships to hard chined sections aft that result in a dry, smooth ride at displacement and semi-displacement speeds The traffic pattern through the boat is well-considered, and one can move fore and aft, and from the interior to the exterior quickly and easily. Krogen quality and renowned design features are evident throughout, from her spacious master stateroom, to her stand up engine room through her functional, yet cozy, pilothouse to her comfortable salon and her covered, deep cockpit -- a private waterfront "back porch" that is perfect for enjoying a refreshing beverage, relaxing in a favorite deck chair and just watching the world go by. The interior cabinetry has numerous radiuses that greatly enhance the appearance. The convertible guest cabin offers many options not realized in other models of this yacht. The yacht noticeably benefits from knowledgeable owners who have extensively cruised a variety of yachts both sail and power for many years. She is economical, comfortable and easily managed by a couple. Now located in Ft. Lauderdale for easy viewing this lovely yacht is most seriously for sale, and ready now for her new owners.
- MANUFACTURER COMMENTS:
- One look at a Kadey-Krogen Yacht and your cruising spirit awakens. And no wonder — every element of the new generation of Kadey-Krogen trawler yachts speaks of confidence and freedom. Our exclusive Pure Full Displacement hull delivers a sea kindly ride for ocean crossings, coastal cruises and Great Loop adventures as well as family weekend outings. Every yacht is a limited production masterpiece, built in a yard by experienced craftspeople dedicated to Kadey-Krogen designs, with latest-technology methods and materials combined with traditional fine woodworking. Rugged, salty and with phenomenal sea keeping ability, these good-looking boats define quality and excellence in their class. Founded in 1977, Kadey-Krogen Yachts is one of the oldest manufacturers of long-range capable, recreational trawler yachts in the U.S. Their vessels are closely linked in naval design to the historic fishing trawlers of the North Sea and have the capability to cross any ocean. Kadey-Krogen Yachts is a semi-custom builder and manufactures 10-15 yachts per year. Six models are currently offered, ranging in size from 39 to 58 feet (18 m) with new models on the drawing board. Defining aspects of the Kadey-Krogen trawler yacht are a pure full displacement hull (PFD™), a fine forward entry, a wineglass transom , a fully covered aft deck which functions as the back porch, and high quality interior joinery predominantly in teak or cherry with other selections available. Their design enables the yachts to make ocean passages in comfort and safety. Owners of Kadey-Krogen trawler yachts have reported crossing the Atlantic , Pacific and Indian oceans, and the Mediterranean Sea . For the past 21 years the company's boats have been built at a dedicated yard in Kaohsiung , Taiwan Kadey-Krogen's yachts are often used as live-aboard vessels. According to company estimates, up to 75-percent of owners are part- or full-time live-aboards. While most owners have or are in the process of retiring, many continue to work and utilize their last few years working to take small trips and get acquainted with their boat and the lifestyle.
- ALL PERSONAL ITEMS - Including computer, owner's tools Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, or survey, but not specifically listed on the above specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the vessel.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.