- 43 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
This Jeaneau SO DS Legend is open to offers
Absolutely in top condition and sailed here from France by this owner. What sets the Sun Odyssey apart from the rest is the easy living and extra light below decks which makes for a great party or family boat with a large aft cabin nowhere else to be found. Solar panels, Thruster, Burmese teak, teak decking and much more.
- This boat has been home for the owner and his young family for the last year as they sailed across from France and have spend the year cruising the Caribbean and many ports of call in the USA. Comfort and volume are the key characteristics of the Jeanneau 43DS interior. The roomy salon with its panoramic windows has great visibility while seated at the dinette. The owner's aft cabin has a large (6'7" x 6'2") centerline berth and 6'2" standing headroom. V-berth forward and an over-under bunk cabin just aft of the V-berth to starboard All cabins are finished in beautiful Burmese teak. Large main salon with folding table and room for several family and guests. All Cabins and floors are beautifully appointed with Burmese teak. Many Goiot hatches windows and port lights give this boat superior daylight, visibility to the outside not commonly seen on a sailboat. Cozy and warm is how we describe the feel of the interior. This layout and plenty of natural light in the cabin was this owner’s top priority for his family second only to the rugged construction and handling of the boat. The owner has provided many had and grab rails on this boat for maximum comfort.
- Master Stateroom Large centerline queen berth Abundant storage on port & starboard - hanging lockers each side - storage bins on each side of berth Seating on both sides of berth Opening ports with screens sunshades and curtains Private access to aft head Salon The bright and spacious salon features a large teak drop-leaf table surrounded by a U-shaped dinette to starboard. Opposite the dinette are two seats flanking a table that also serves as the nav station. The dinette comfortably accommodates eight people. All lockers have positive latches that will stay shut when sailing offshore. There are numerous Goiot deck hatches and port lights (with screen inserts) providing ample ventilation. Below the dinette sole a storage locker to handle provisions for very long voyages. The kind of space not found on many yachts this size. Solid teak drop leaf table with holly inlay Sony stereo and CD changer Sunbrella and Textaline salon window covers (one way visibility) Wide companionway steps with non skid strips Recessed lighting Curtains Large opening hatch with sunshade Forward Cabin The forward cabin has large V-berth with nice ventilation and light. One overhead opening hatch and two side port lights. Easy access to forward head and good privacy. Curtains on all port lights Third Cabin The third cabin to starboard just aft of the V-berth has two singles over and under. Good sea berths or extra s pace for the kids. Also with good access to forward head.
- The L-shaped galley on starboard includes double sinks, 12-volt refrigeration and a two-burner propane stove with oven. The stovetop has a cover that adds to the counter space. The teak fiddles are substantial and a clever acrylic splashguard separates the galley from the saloon. There is a hatch overhead, one of several, and the ventilation is good throughout the boat. Refrigeration- top loading dual compartment Water heater Double stainless sinks
- Raymarine autopilot Raymarine Tridata (depth, speed, sea temperature) Raymarine wind instrument GPS Raymarine C 80 chart plotter Raymarine radar Handheld VHF VHF Navtex weather repeater Plastimo wet compass
- Sails & Rigging
- All lines lead aft for sail handling from the safety of the cockpit. 2 Harken 48 self tailing winches 1 Harken 44 electric winch on coach roof In-mast furling main sail Roller furling genoa (replaced with a high end UV rated sail) Sail Area I : 51.67 ft J : 15.92 ft P : 49.92 ft E : 16.00 ft Working Sail Area : 872.00 sq ft
- Engines & Mechanical
- Engine and Mechanical The engine is a Yanmar 75 HP 4JH3TE with approximately 1400 hours. There is excellent access behind the companionway and through the aft cabin. B ow thruster for easy maneuvering in close quarters (heavy duty) Dedicated 2-battery bank for thruster Electric windlass Electrical 220v 50hz/120v 60hz battery charger 2 solar panels 150 watts each with MPPT charge controller (boat is self sufficient) 3 Batteries 125 amp hours each new 2012 2 Batteries for bow thruster Separate engine start 110Ah battery also powers electric windlass while engine is running Victron BMV 600 battery state monitor 80 amp hour alternator with Sterling Power AB 1280 smart regulator
- The Sun Odyssey 43 is designed to be controlled from the cockpit. A large teak table with drop-leaves and handrails is mounted centerline and provides a good foothold when heeling. The cockpit seats are ergonomically shaped to provide back support. The cockpit seats and sole are finished with teak. Substantial Navy blue bimini and dodger Cockpit cushions, winch covers Leather clad steering wheel in excellent condition Dinghy davits Fresh water transom shower Access to transom from cockpit via removable helm seat Class A offshore survival life raft for 8 people 6 Harnesses 12 Lifevests Flare kit 2 Fire extinguishers
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Have To Sell One Before Buying This One? Contact Knot 10 Today As With Offices In MD, FL, VA, NJ WE WANT YOUR LISTING & WILL GET IT SOLD