Cruising World Magazine's Best Full-Size Production Cruiser for 2014
SAIL Magazine's 2014 pick for Best Flagship Cruiser
The Dufour 500 Grand Large has made quite a splash since her introduction. Her innovative design both inside and out are a reflection of Dufour's commitment to building the best sailboats on the market today.
She is a true long distance cruiser, with sea kindly abilities offshore, and all of the storage and capacities required for a long distance voyage. Her innovative layout makes your time aboard an absolute pleasure whether day sailing with neighbors, entertaining friends, or cruising with family.
Call today to get aboard one of the most talked about yachts of the year!
- Hull: Hand-laminated in polyester/glassfibre; sides made from vacuum-bonded PVC foam core sandwich. Decoration: Grey Gelcoat: NPG gelcoat with first mat impregnated with NPG resin forming an optimum barrier against osmosis. Structure: Hull bottom counter-moulded, floors laminated into the hull. Deck: Sandwich with injected PVC foam core Ballast: Keel bolts bear on stainless back-plates Rudder: Semi-elliptical shape, filled with closed-cell epoxy foam. Rudder stock: Solid stainless steel. Non-slip deck surface: Non-slip structured deck surface
- Handrails: Solid wood handrails on coachroof. Fixed toe rails: solid wood Anchor locker: Self-draining with built-in windlass support and anchor chain eyebolt, lockable hatch cover. Anchor roller: Single retractable anchor roller Bow pulpits: Stainless, opening for easy access and for spinnaker handling Stern pulpits: Jackstaff bracket, navigation light, and opening life-lines with hook. Stanchions: With 2 rows of life-lines. Other: “Solid wooden toe-rail.”
- Deck Fittings
- Shroud chainplates: Chainplates on hull sides Safety chainplates: Safety harness chainplates in cockpit floor Miscellaneous chainplates: 2 backstay chainplates Midships mooring cleats: 2, aluminium Mooring cleat: 4, aluminium. Rubbing strips: 6 stainless, on hull sheerline Fuel deck fillers: 2 Water deck fillers: 3 Mainsheet tracks: On coachroof with adjusting car. Genoa tracks: 2 genoa sheet tracks, plunger-adjustable low-lead cars Downhaul Through-deck fitting: Stainless swan-neck for electrical and electronic cables Deck organizers: 2 deck 4-sheave organizers for halyard, sheet, and reef line returns. Halyard winches: 2 halyard winches on coachroof. Sheet winches: 2 genoa sheet winches at helm positions Jamcleats: 2 rows of jamcleats port / starboard level with the companionway Furler line jamcleats: 1 at aft end of sidedeck Hatch covers: Sliding companionway hatch in Plexiglas®
- Rigging and Sails
- Mast: Anodized aluminium with 2 levels of swept spreaders. In-mast furling for mainsail Rigging: 9/10 fractional Mast stepping: On deck Lights: Anchor and steaming lights and deck flood. Topping lift: Boom topping lift cleats. Boom: Anodized aluminium fitted with 2 continuous reefers. Roller-furler: Genoa roller furler. Standing rigging: Continuous in stainless single-strand cable, chrome-plated bronze rigging screws, comprising: forestay, backstay bridle with twin rigging screws, inter and lower shrouds. Backstay : double Running rigging: “Running rigging in pre-stretched textile including: main and genoa halyards, boom topping lift, main and genoa sheets, 2 continuous reef lines, leech tensioner, 2 mainsail car adjustments, furling line, downhaul tackle. Mainsail : Furling Mainsail Genoa : Furling genoa with UV-protection
- Cockpit bench seats: Teak covered. Helmsman’s seat: Teak covered. Lockers: 1 large side locker to Stbd with strut-assisted closing and fixing for padlock. Helm: Wheel diameter 36 inch Helm console: Polyester. Engine controls: At starboard helm position Compasses: 2 on columns Instrumentation: Port and Stbd helm positions Gas locker: Under port helmsman’s seat Stern door: Opens in centre by swinging up BIB locker: Under floor, Stbd helm position Tender locker: Under floor, port helm position Handrail: Stainless, on cockpit table Shower: In aft central section Shore supply: Stbd helm position Bathing ladder: Foldaway stainless bathing ladder. Cockpit floor: Non-slip polyester floor Emergency tiller: A stainless tiller with deck plate for access
- Woodwork: real wood veneer in Oak, solid oak trim Floors: Laminate Doors: Fitted with twin-bolt anti-vibration locks, cabin doors can be locked in the open position Mattresses: Mattresses are quilted, anti-allergenic fabric Cushions: Saloon cushions and cabin mattresses fitted with removable covers Headliner: Lined with wood
- Hull: 8 hull ports Coachroof – fixed: 5 fixed ports Coachroof – opening: 3 opening ports with curtains Hatches: 9 deck hatches Indirect lighting: Under ceiling Lighting: Numerous spots and reading lights Courtesy light: Low-level lighting around salon furniture
- Steps: Curved wooden steps Companionway hatch: Sliding companionway hatch and door in Plexiglas with stops and lock Engine cover: Hinged wooden engine cover with gas struts Handrails: 2 stainless Wine cellar: Wine cellar beneath floor in companionway
- Saloon Settee: U-shaped settee on port side Central Settee: Sliding with movable back Table : 3 function saloon table Storage : Stowage under seats and behind backrests. Galley return on stbd side. 4 cubby holes with doors and bookshelf to port and 3 to stbd. Removable fiddles. Hatches to under floor stowage Mast foot: Stainless
- Chart Table
- Seat: One seat with cushions, can be angles according to heel. Table can be angles according to heel. Lighting : 1 ceiling light. 1 reading light Storage column: below table with door Pivoting console: holding the instruments and electrical distribution panel Instrument console: Instrument console with cubby-hole below Radio: Radio/CD player with 2 speakers, MP3 compatible Other: Electrical distribution panel, Plexiglas cover, outboard side
- Configuratin: Lateral. Worktop : Corian synthetic resin with wooden fiddles Sink : Stainless steel double basin sink in starboard module Water : Hot and cold pressure water with brushed stainless steel single-lever mixer tap Gas Cooker : 3-Burner gas stove with oven and grill, on gimbals, with stainless hand rail in port module Crockery Storage : Dowels to retain crockery when heeling Refrigerators : 12v refrigeration storage bins. Separate bulkhead prt module Refrigerator access : Front access to refrigerator. Via the worktop for the coolbox Storage : 5 cubby holes to port and 4 cubby holes to starboard under floor Microwave Oven : In starboard hull cubby hole Pump : Sea-water pump built in under floor to starboard Waste Bin : Sort compartments to starboard
- Forward Cabin
- Berth: 79 x 63 cm approx..(Queen) Mattress: 4.5 inch thick foam mattress with washable cover. Stowage: Below berth. Cubby-hole along side of hull. 2 hanging lockers with shelves. 2 tidy pockets Water tank: Below berth Access: To navigation instrument transducers
- Forward Head
- WC: Electric flush marine toilet Wash-basin: Polyester bowl with ‘Corian®’ synthetic resin top Water: Hot and cold water, chrome-plated brass single-lever mixer tap and shower head. Discharge: Direct, via an electric pump. Mirror: Large mirror Grating: ‘Corian®’ synthetic resin (std) or teak (option) Ventilation: Via deck panel or opening port. Cupboards: Storage unit Other: Separate stall shower
- Aft Cabins
- B erth: 79 × 63 In approx. (Double) Mattress: 10 cm thick foam mattress with washable cover. Fuel tank: Under port and stbd berths Water tank Stowage: Hanging locker with shelves Cubby-holes along side of hull. Soundproofing: Double bulkhead provides acoustic and thermal insulation from adjoining engine compartment. Technical area: Between aft berths
- Aft Head
- WC: Electric flush marine toilets Wash-basin: Wash-basin unit with basin in Corian®C synthetic resin. Water: Hot and cold water, chrome-plated brass single-lever mixer tap and shower head. Discharge: Direct, via an electric pump. Cupboards: 1 high-level 2-door storage unit with mirror Mirror: Large mirror Grating: Corian synthetic resin or teak (option) Ventilation: via deck panel or opening port
- Water tanks: 2 polyethylene water tanks with inspection holes and electric gauges. Electric bilge pump: With strainer, controlled from electrical distribution panel. Manual bilge pump: Operated from cockpit. Bilge sump: Sump built into keel, access to strainer H ot water: Water-heater via heat-exchanger Hot water tank: Pressurized water pump unit. Shower waste: “Shower waste pumped automatically to the sea
- Engine power: Volvo75 hp Transmission: Sail-drive transmission Cooling system: Heat exchanger, anti-siphon valve. Sea-water strainer: Sea-water strainer Fuel tank: Gauge on electrical distribution panel. Fuel filter Shut-off valve: Emergency fuel shut-off valve. Control panel: Engine control panel with hours meter, engine stop, and tachometer. Alternator: Alternator with battery isolator. Ventilation: Ventilation with 2 natural inlets and electric mechanical extract. Bilge: Separate engine bilge. Access: Access to the engine from front and both sides. Propeller: 4 -blade, folding Insulation: Carefully-designed foam acoustic and thermal insulation.
- Included Factory Options
- Comfort Version with oak interior 3 Cabin / 3 Heads Oak interior, clay Corian countertops, chocolate leather saloon cushions 75hp engine with saildrive, 4 blade folding propeller Retractable bow thruster Furling mainsail (2) Additional winches for spinnaker Electric Halyard Winch on coachroof Electric genoa winches, port and starboard Asymmetrical spinnaker gear with bowsprit Natural teak on cockpit floor, bathing platform, and roof Integrated sunbed in port side cockpit seat Double windlass control with chain counter Electric opening bathing platform with wireless control Cockpit seat cushions with backrests, including sunbed Sprayhood with handrail, Steering wheel and cockpit table covers Dorade vent box Saloon table convertible to berth Espresso machine Electric toilets in heads Freezer unit Integrated Gas grill in cockpit, fridge integrated to cockpit table Radio CD + Bose loudspeaker in saloon Raymarine Electronics Pack: e95 Multifunction Display- one each helm, I70 display- one each helm, Autopilot P70 Controller with Lewmar rotative motor, Wireless Smart Controller, VHF
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.