- 59 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 6-354 diesel
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
CETACEA is professionally maintained to the highest standards. She is ready to race or cruise at a moment’s notice. OFFERS ENCOURAGED.
- CETACEA is a classic Hinckley Sou'wester 59 CC ketch. She has been comprehensively refit and is in superb condition. Automated furling for main and mizzen enable shorthanded sailing and the shoal draft permits access to many harbors not usually allowable to a yacht of this size. CETACEA is professionally maintained to the highest standards and is ready to cruise at a moment's notice.
- HULL and DECK
- Topsides: Jade Green Awlgrip topsides (2014) with single white bootstripe Bottom: Black (2014) Deck: White gelcoat deck with camel nonskid Construction: Hull is handlaid fiberglass with 1" Airex core. In high stress areas there is solid fiberglass w/extra laminationsof mat and roving. Airex cored hull stringers are integrated with engine mounts and mast step. Deck is cored with 3/4" Klegecell and is solid in stress areas. The deck is set in a 71/2" flange, bonded with fiberglass and bolted on 8"centers. 1997: Complete overhaul & rebuild of centerboard system.
- Dodgers - for main and aft cockpit companionways Bimini - with cockpit enclosures and roll-up isinglass sides White awning - main to mizzen Full deck Awning - in 3 green Sunbrella sections Cockpit cushions (Sunbrella) Canvas covers - for all deck hatches and hardware. New flexible flooring used for deliveries and racing to protect teak and holly cabin sole.
- SAILS and RIGGING
- Carbon fiber rig with Reckman electric furler (new 2011) Electric roller furling in mast - main and mizzen. (2) Navtec hydraulic backstay tensioners on bridle Removable (fast ratchet) inner forestay for ease of use and storage Rigid boom vang Mizzen staysail gear MPS gear WINCHES: Barient (2) #36 Electric primaries #36Secondary #28 Mainsheet #27-Main,Genoa,and MPS halyards #23-Mizzen,Mizzen staysail and Forestaysail halyards #23 Mizzen sheet Custom HRH turning blocks Misc. lines, shackles SAILS: 2 Mainsails - 1 3DL and 1 heavy weather 2 Mizzens 2 Jibs- 135 3DL , 110 2 Gennakers - with self furling bags 4 Staysails 2 Mizzen Staysails
- ACCOMMODATIONS BELOW
- CETACEA has a center cockpit plan that will sleep 7 in three private staterooms, each with private head and shower. The interior has air conditioned comfort provided by 3 Cruisair 10,000-BTU air conditioning units. The interior is finished in varnished Honduras mahogany. The cabin sole is teak and holly with custom carpets for them. The heads have been equipped with electric Raritans. WALK THROUGH: Two DOUBLE CABINS are located forward of the main salon, each with the top berth widened. Both Guest cabins feature ample storage hanging lockers, cabinets and drawers. Aft, the OWNERS STATEROOM has its own companionway to the aft deck, double and single berths, private Head with separate enclosed shower and numerous hanging lockers and bureaus. The aft double berth was widened 6 inches. The MAIN SALON has a full settee and dining table to port in the raised main salon. To starboard are the entertainment center, large capacity cabinets, drawers and two lounge chairs. The U-shaped GALLEY is aft of the main salon to port of the center cockpit companionway and has excellent counter space and storage. The galley includes double SS sinks, Grunert refrigeration system with freezer (110V and engine-driven), a Panasonic microwave and Shipmate 3-burner stove/oven and exhaust fan. The NAVIGATION STATION is to starboard of the center cockpit companionway with a large chart desk and access to all instrumentation.
- Rolls Surrette batteries. Separate starting battery for main engine. Engine bank = 225-amps with Leese-Neville 55-amp alternator, House bank = 750-amps with Ample100-amp 3-step alternator. (6) 8D batteries built into custom locker providing 1,000 amp hours. All circuits, major mechanical systems and rigging are grounded with heavy copper bonding to the keel. 2012 Northern Lights 12.5 Kw generator - Separate starting battery for generator. EAMON II energy monitor system Heart interface inverter/charger Shore cords and adapters
- 1982 Perkins 6-354 diesel 135-hp engine Borg Warner 2:1 reduction gear Hobsco hydraulic shaft lock. 3-blade Max propeller with spurs Electric retractable bow thruster New alarm systems include hi-water, fire, fume and oil and water for engine and genset. Compact air compressor. 25-GPH watermaker 50-gal Holding tank
- ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT
- Ground tackle: Nilsson V-3000C 12V anchor windlass - wildcat with new motor and chrome Luke75# Anchor 85# Primary CQR polished stainless steel Anchor with 300’ & 3/38” hi-test chain 35# Danforth Anchor with 15' chain & 250’rode Equipment: Double lifelines with gates Helm pod for bow thruster, chart plotter, jib furler and autopilot - Custom designed of stainless steel New dodger and bimini (2013) Cockpit cushions - Sunbrella Easily removable polished stainless steel dinghy davit system. Custom removable swim/dive platform of teak and SS Boarding swim ladder Saltwater deck wash Freshwater deck wash (2) Horseshoe life rings Epirb 406 Emergency tiller Avon 8-man life raft - in canister 2 Flare guns Fireboy 1301 C02 system 5 Dry chemical extinguishers 5 Fenders and 5 dock lines; 2 MOB lights Bell and horn 8 Life jackets 8 Safety harnesses Searchlight - 12V battery-operated 4 Storm windows Hatch screens 2 custom SS windsurfer holders Spare parts for most systems Tools Dishes, silverware, pots & pans Propane BBQ Excluded Items include: Personal tools, charts and personal belongings.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Hinckley Brokerage Offices: SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME: Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 or E-mail: email@example.com ? Broker: Wythe Ingebritson Cell: 207-664-8111 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 207-244-5531 PORTSMOUTH, RI: Broker: Joe Dwyer Cell: 401-578-2919 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 401-683-7005 ANNAPOLIS, MD : Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 410-263-0095 STUART-FL: Broker: Tripper Vincent Cell: 561-262-3900 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 772-403-5387 NAPLES-FL: Broker: Tripper Vincent Cell: 561-262-3900 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 239-261-2879 HARBOR SPRINGS-MI: Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 231-526-4378