Looking for an extended cruiser ready to go sailing today? Look no further. Intrepid has enjoyed her life primarily in the upper Chesapeake Bay. She's a proven model with the H34 being one of the most popular in her class. She boasts lots of room as a 34-footer goes, with plenty of headroom throughout. While she's perfect for single-handling or a cruising couple, she has sleeping accommodations for up to seven people!
Whether you're new to sailing or a seasoned pro, you'll appreciate the swiftness of this agile H34. She's an ideal cruiser for the Chesapeake Bay with the fickle winds we often see. She moves and responds very well in a light breeze and is agile and stable under heavy winds. This tall-rigged 34 is well known for its fine upwind performance, large cockpit and spacious interior. Again, designed for comfortable cruising the Hunter 34 is one of the most popular 34-footers ever built.
Do not be fooled by her outward appearance. Like most yachts her age, Intrepid does need some cosmetic TLC...however, the current owner has paid attention to her biggest needs as you'll see in the specs. She's priced right for quick sale...and she awaits in her slip in our marina...ready and able for her next sea trial...and owner. Please see the specs for the extensive list of equipment and updates. Then...make an appointment to come see her...she won't be around long!
- General Information
- Yanmar 3GMF30F diesel; 2 bladed 15x12 Prop; Two zinc anodes installed on prop shaft Fuel: 20 gallons; Water: 65 gallons in two tanks; Holding tank: 15 gallons Sail Area: approx. 557 sq ft @ 100%; Double reefing main; Brand new never-used Doyle roller reefing/furling 110% genoa; recent halyard and jib sheet replacements B&R masthead rig with roller-furler forestay and “E-Z Jack” mainsail lazy jack arms on boom Bottom painted with Interlux Micron CSC co-polymer ablative paint Plow anchor with chain and rope rode on a bow roller; 40 inch wheel steering with canvas cover for it and binnacle; Bimini and dodger on SS frames Transom-mounted swim ladder (2) 2-speed self tailing Lewmar #40 primary winches; (2) 2-speed self tailing Lewmar #16 secondary winches on cabin top Factory teak and plexiglass companionway drop boards Richie binnacle-mounted compass Pressurized hot & cold water (Water heated by motor or shore power) Two battery DC set-up with type 27 dual purpose WM starting battery and new type 27 deep cycle house battery with Guest two-battery Smartcharger; 30 amp shore power cord Standard Horizon CP-150 Color GPS/Charplotter; BlueChart chip for the entire Chesapeake Bay with binnacle hoop mounting Uniden DSC-capable VHF with WAM remote mike; masthead mounted antenna AM/FM/CD stereo with 4 speakers - 2 in main salon and 2 in cockpit Raymarine S-1 Autopilot with GPS interface-ready wiring Datamarine speed and depth instruments; Moor apparent wind instrument Two smoke detectors-one with CO detection; three fire extinguishers; Halon engine box extinguisher King Air 12K BTU air conditioner/heat pump; opening ports and companionway screens Double stainless steel galley sink with storage under and utility drawers to side Gimbaled Origo 6000 2 burner stove and oven; Six cubic foot ice box Groco Model K head with full size toilet bowl & spares Head shower with gray water bilge and pump Blinds and curtains for main cabin fixed & opening ports
- Improvements Made
- Cabin overhead lights replaced with wood-based halogen units Overhead light in head replaced with dual level halogen light Aft cabin overhead light replaced with dual red/white halogen light Fluorescent fixture in vanity replaced with dual lamp halogen unit Fluorescent fixture over icebox replaced with dual lamp halogen unit Fluorescent fixture over stove replaced with triple lamp halogen unit converted to dual lamps Recessed chain lamp mood-lighting strings added to aft and main cabin Quick disconnects added to each cabin lighting unit as replaced for easy removal/replacement Custom step made for companionway entrance on top of engine box Main bilge pump float switch replaced Air conditioner cooling water pump and hoses replaced Air conditioner delivery ducting reconfigured for more efficient operation Six gallon Force 10 water heater upgraded with winterization bypass system added Higher capacity sink/shower water pump installed Whole-house water filter installed ahead of water pump, with winterization bypass added Additional 6 circuit 12 volt breaker panel added at Nav station Exterior 75 ohm cable connection for shore cable or Boat-tenna hook-up to a TV set Dual charge battery charger upgraded to Smart Charge unit Terminal block and quick disconnect added to AM/FM radio connections New DC electric wiring runs for all new circuits using Anchor 12 & 14 AWG marine wire Terminal block added behind new 6-breaker panel for easy additional circuit connections Y-Valve assembly and hoses removed, discharge through-hull valve plugged New holding tank installed and plumbed with new premium black water hose Sink faucet valves replaced in galley and head Todd 3-gallon fresh water tank added in V-berth with shut-off valve to feed head flush system Microwave stand built and small microwave installed in galley Cabin-top passive dorade vents replaced with two Nicro 4” solar/battery ventilators on custom mounts Custom teak and Lexan companionway butterfly doors in aluminum frame LED deck step and cockpit floor lights added Dodger window panels replaced Cockpit boarding arm and support blocking added to starboard side cockpit coaming Sea-built SS access port installed in fuel tank top for clean-out Racor filter vacuum gage and fuel tank level gage installed in cockpit coaming box Two opening ports replaced and other opening ports rebedded
- Extra Gear Included
- Backup Danforth anchor in anchor well with rode set-up approx. same as plow anchor Spare Racor fuel filters and Fram oil filter Spare engine drive belts and fuel line gaskets Three floating winch handles and one metal Lewmar winch handle Windscoop for front hatch Dock lines and spring lines; three dock fenders; three boat hooks Dedicated water fill hose and spare water system filter cartridge Vinyl cockpit seat cushions for side seats Boat-tenna TV antenna set-up for halyard use with 75 ohm cable and down-haul line Four West Marine adult Type 3 vest PFD’s in storage pack Canvas hatch covers for cabin-top hatches Navy blue throw rugs and toilet lid cover Navy blue privacy curtain between main cabin and head area with tie-back Teak 4-hole can/bottle holder for pedestal hoop Throw horseshoe with retrieval line and floating throw cushion Factory original Hunter Owner’s Manual; Manuals for electronics Binder with many support documents Ship’s log book with data sheets
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Proudly Serving the Boating Community for Over 80 Years McDaniel Yacht Basin has been serving the headwaters of the Chesapeake Bay since 1929 . Over the years we have assisted thousands of boaters throughout the Northeastern region find that just-right boat. We pride ourselves on helping to make the buying, and listing process a most enjoyable, stress-free experience. Whether you are in the market for a new or pre-owned boat, or wanting to list your boat for sale, it is our friendly, informative and professional manner that makes McDaniel Yacht Basin your first and only choice for professional boat sales and brokering services. WE PROVIDE ADDITIONAL PEACE OF MIND BY INCLUDING SEA-CARE PROTECTION WITH YOUR NEW YACHT! For more information or to arrange a showing Call Us today 800-320-6231 410-287-8121 Whether you are searching for your next yacht, your first yacht, have a yacht you wish to sell, put our 50-plus years experience, knowledge and expertise to work for you! Visit us on the web at www.McDanielYacht.com We look forward to working for you!