PERFECT LIVE-ABOARD OR LONG RANGE CRUISER
Newer Engine with Low Hours
Air Conditioning – Heat – Water Maker – Generator – Bow Thruster
Easy to Handle Sloop Rig – In-Mast Furling – Roller Furling Genoa – All Sail Control Lines Led to Cockpit
Huge Aft Deck with Complete Canvas & Isinglass Enclosure
Pilot House Design with Inside and Outside Steering Stations
Large Panoramic Windows in Pilot House and Salon for Bright & Airy Feeling
(2) Private Staterooms ( Fore & Aft) with En-Suite Heads & Showers ( 2)
Capable of Cruising to Any Destination – Fully Self Sufficient
This Vessel is in excellent condition and must be seen. Current owner cruises for 6 months continuously each year. She has all the conveniences for a live aboard or long range cruiser.
With the pure cruising sailor as well as the power boater in mind, the Cheoy Lee 43’ Motor Sailor addresses the comfort, safety and blue water aspirations of the serious yachtsman. For the sailor who values a warm and dry refuge while underway, the pilothouse provides a perfect environment in poor weather conditions. And the extraordinary fuel capacity combined with the large diesel engine turns windlass days into 200 mile/day passages. This vessel will provide good sailing performance and offers the comfort of a huge live-aboard passage making vessel that is ready to sail away in style
This is the only Cheoy Lee-43 Pilot House currently on the market in the Western Hemisphere
Please click "full specs" for more details and photos
- Bob Perry Design LOA ..........................43 ft ........................ 13.1 meters LWL ......................... 36 ft 10 in ............... 11.23 m Beam – ........................13 ft 3 in ................. 4.03 m Draft .............................5 ft 6 in..............… 1.67 m Bridge Clearance ........... 53 ft........................16.15 m Displacement ............... 36,000 lbs .. ..........16,330 kgs Ballast ..........................12,000 lbs .......... 5443 kgs Fuel ................. ...500 gal . in 2 tanks –.......... 1892 ltr Water ....................300 gal ..in 2 tanks…......... 1136 ltr Holding...........................30 gal ...................... 113 ltr Engine - Yanmar ..4JH3-DTE ( 125 HP - 965 hours) New 2008 Generator - Westerbeke 8 kw ( 2625 hours)
- FULLY AIR CONDITIONED W/REVERSE CYCLE HEAT - 2 separate units 2 Cabins - 2 Heads w/showers - Sleeps 6 Large Queen berth in Forward Master cabin w/en-suite head & shower Double V-Berth in aft cabin with filler cushion to convert to a Queen berth Additional double berth in convertible dinette w/ filler cushion MASTER CABIN - Forward Full en-suite private Head w/Shower Center line Queen berth (4) drawers for storage pull out from the front of the bed Additional storage below berth Outboard shelves on either side of the hull Bookshelves forward bulkhead Chain locker access forward bulkhead Reading lamps on headboard Hanging locker Large private head with storage lockers and separate shower - Teak grate floor Opening ports and hatch AFT CABIN: Private head w/shower Private entrance from pilot house Full Queen berth offset to Port Drawer storage pulls out from forward and side cabinetry of berth Curved settee and cabinetry to Starbd Opening ports & hatch
- VESSEL WALK THROUGH
- Vessel can be accessed from either side through opening gates from a dock - or fold down side ladders from the water. Wide walkways lead aft to the large aft deck. This particular Cheoy Lee-43 has a flat aft deck with curved seating following the lines of the transom, and a steering station mounted on the bulkhead leading to the pilot house. This arrangement allows for a comfortable aft deck, with "walk around" room that is completely enclosed by Isinglass with opening panels. Moving forward, down 3 steps, is the Pilot House with offset door to Port. This Pilot House does not obstruct the view from the outside helm - and it is easy to see while steering from the outside station. The Pilot house is spacious, with large windows on all sides to make it easy to steer from this inside station as well - The engine room is below the Pilot house. Aft of the Pilot House, down 3 steps is the guest cabin and guest or day head - w/shower. This is a spacious cabin with good ventilation and natural light. Immediately forward of the Pilot house, on the main deck, is the Galley and Salon w/U-shaped dinette. And forward of the Salon ( on the same level) is the master cabin and private head w/shower. Since the yacht is a flush deck design, there is more room inside and an abundance of outside room with clear decks forward, . This vessel will impress you with quality of construction, the anodized all-aluminum sliding windows in salon and pilothouse with built-in drip sills. This is a go-anywhere, comfortable vessel.
- SALON and GALLEY
- SALON: Salon is down 3 Steps, and open to Pilot House for a bright and airy feeling. A forward fixed window, and windows on either side with sliding panes adds to the openness of the Salon and Galley. U-Shaped dinette to Port seats 6 comfortably ( dinette converts to additional double berth) Storage below dinette seats and outboard cabinets Numerous LED portable lights Overhead Florescent lighting GALLEY: U-Shaped Galley to Starbd Double SS sinks w/ hot-cold presurized water Hiller Range 3 burner propane stove & oven Top load freezer - separate holding plate - Seafrost 110v Front load refrigerator - separate holding plate -Seafrost 110v Microwave oven Watermaker - Sea Recovery 29 GPH Raritan 20 gal water heater 110 v & engine overhead florescent light Storage cabinets below counter top and outboard
- ELECTRICAL and ELECTRONICS
- Electrical: Westerbeke 8 kw generator (2) 8d AGM house batteries (1) engine start battery 50 Amp shore power receptacle and power cord Full AC and DC circuit breaker panel Inverter led to AC receptacle in Galley ELECTRONICS: Pilot House GPS / Radar - Raymarine RL80c Raymarine - depth finder Simrad Auto pilot - AP22 Danforth Compass High bilge water alarm Standard Horizon VHF ELECTRONICS - Outside helm GPS / Radar Raymarine RC 631 Datamarine -depth - speed - wind ( not working) Ritchie compass Standard Horizon VHF Ram Mic OTHER: JVC Stereo with Bose speakers JVC 22" Flat screen TV
- Yanmar 4JH3-DTE 125 Hp - New 2008 - ( 965 hours) Westerbeke generator - 8 kw ( 2625 hours) Side Power Bow Thruster Fully Air conditioned w/ reverse cycle heat - 2 units Fire Boy Automatic fire suppression system in engine room Automatic bilge pump (2) shower sump pumps High water alarm
- Hull and DECK
- This Cheoy Lee Pilot House MS is well know for her quality and heavy duty construction. She is a true Blue Water world cruiser, designed to take her crew anywhere they desire. She has a shoal draft and loads of deck space with wide walk around side decks - huge flat fore deck -w/ separate ground tackle handling area -and large aft deck with comfortable seating and plenty of open space AFT DECK: The outside helm is well protected by a fixed dodger and overhead Bimini. It is mounted on the Pilot House bulkhead and steering is hydraulic - GPS and Radar are conveniently mounted - There are also double swivel helm seats There is a full deck/cockpit enclosure surrounding the aft deck, so it can be used in all weather conditions A circular seating is built into the aft section of the deck with storage below - There is also deck space behind the seating module extending to the transom FORWARD DECK: Forward of the Pilot House and Deck House is a large flat forward deck - This deck is ideal for additional storage of water toys or just lounging in the sun A separate anchor & line handling area is forward Shrouds are attached inboard which makes for wide unobstructed side decks All outside decks have teak overlay in excellent condition HULL: Hull is exceptional solid and well built. There are convenient Hause holes provided to lead the lines to the oversized cleats A protective rub rail runs the entire length of the hull on both sides Forward is a heavy SS bow pulpit that surrounds the ground tackle handling area A SS stern pulpit provides safety at the stern, and double SS life lins surround the vessel with opening gates Port & Starbd - fold down boarding ladders are provided at both opening gates The Cabin house hand Pilot House have windows along both sides and forward for light and ventilation, and there are ports in the hull to provide light to the forward and aft cabins. Full Keel w/cut-away forefoot - Rudder protected by keel and supported by keel shoe. Lofrans anchor windlass CQR anchor w/ 100 ft chain and 300 ft rode Bruce anchor w/ 200 ft chain Fixed hard dodger Full Bimini over aft deck w/ Full Isinglass enclosure SS Davits LIGHT & VENTILATION: (2) Overhead hatches w/screens (5) opening port in aft cabin (3) opening ports forward cabin (2) sliding windows - Salon (2) sliding windows - Pilot House Fixed windows in Salon & Pilothouse
- SAILS AND RIGGING
- Sloop rigged for better sailing performance - There is also a removable inner fore stay that is attached to the mast head and stored along side a Port shroud - This is easily attached to a fixed deck fitting and allows for an staysail to be hanked on - making the vessel a cutter. All sail controls are led aft to the cockpit for easy handling by one person Hood - in mast roller furling Main Hood roller furling system for Genoa (4) halyards Bamboo - Protective covers on shrouds WINCHES: (2) Barrient # 28 ST primary sheet winches (1) Barrient ST Main Sheet winch ( near helm) (2) Barrient Halyard winches on mast
- One of the last Cheoy Lee-43 Pilot House sailing vessel to be built - Vessel was completed in 1989 and used exclusively as a dealer’s demo and boat show vessel for over 10 years. Her current owner purchased the boat in 2003 and was the first person to fully commission the boat and use her for cruising. A new Yanmar engine was installed in 2008 Unique to this vessel – instead of the usual central aft steering pedestal with limited floor space – there is a Huge Aft Deck with Complete Canvas & Isinglass enclosure. A seating module is raised above the deck along the aft rim of the the deck and a forward helm is placed on the outside of the Pilot House bulkhead – This opens the aft deck to a large entertaining/lounging area – Again this is a unique configuration specified when this vessel was built. She will provide good sailing performance and offers the comfort of a huge live-aboard passage making vessel that is ready to sail away in style. Her sail area to displacement ratio is in line with other performance cruisers. With a beam to waterline length ratio of 0.35 she is stiff, yet not so stiff that the concept of a sailboat is lost. Equally important is that the 43 is graceful under sail, easy to handle and quick to respond – a characteristic not known in the vast majority of motorsailors. Come preview this well built world cruiser and see for yourself how you can cruise in comfort and style without compromise. Owner's personal effects excluded.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.