The MacGregor 26 is one of the bestselling trailerable cruising sailboat. It offers a sailboat with the option to use it as a power boat when you wish. This is a one owner fresh water example ready for you to start your adventures sailing in shallow waters and trailering to your choice of destinations seeing places most sailors do not have time to get to.
- Main Cabin
- Forward us a large double V-berth with a big overhead foredeck hatch for good ventilation. Aft is the cabin with full standing headroom, and comfortable accommodations for family cruising. The cabin will seat 8 or more people. The port side seat, 8’ 2” long, can be used as a large berth. The sofa and dinette seats can be used for conversational seating, and convert to comfortable berths. The galley, with lots of storage space, is to port. It has a sink, counter space, and single burner alcohol stove. The galley top is standard kitchen counter height. The large galley slides fore and aft and locks in several positions. In the forward position, there is excellent access to the large rear double berth. With the galley to the rear, there is more room in the main cabin for seating and socializing. With the galley in the rear position the majority of the galley is still out in the main cabin, and the stove and sink can be used. The galley can also be moved back another 12” to allow even more space in the cabin. The galley is mounted on a set of rails that are recessed into the seat. It is really easy to move, even when loaded, and can be locked in place at each of its 3 positions Aft of the galley is the fully enclosed head compartment with a port-a-potty. It possible to install a conventional marine head and holding tank. There is a solid head door for privacy. The door folds in the center and hinges against the back of the mirrored bulkhead. To starboard is the Dinette. The table is large and sturdy, and four people can comfortably have a meal. The seat cushions are 5” thick, and the seat backs are soft and comfortable. The table lowers to provide a very wide 7’ 5” single berth. Aft is the rear berth which is about the size of a queen sized bed (6’6 x 5’ 9”). The berth has full sitting headroom over a large area. A large portable ice chest can be stored in place of the removable cushion on the forward starboard corner of the rear berth. There is also a large area under the rear dinette seat for an ice chest. The battery is located in the compartment directly under the ladder. The floors are carpeted, and all surfaces are nicely finished Also aft are the steps to the cockpit.
- Cockpit / Deck
- The MacGregor 26 has a pedestal mounted steering wheel. The cockpit seats have high backs. The cockpit is self-bailing. The steering seat raises to allow the helmsman to see over the cabin. The seat hinges away to allow access to the engine and swim ladder. The steering seat, in the closed position, provides the security of a fully surrounded cockpit. When it is opened, you have a walk thru transom for easy boarding from the ground (when the boat is on its trailer), from the water, or from a dock. The mainsheet mounts to a track at the forward end of the cockpit. All the sail, rudder and dagger board controls are accessible from the cockpit. There are storage compartments under each of the seats. Each compartment will hold a 12 gallon fuel can. These compartments are completely isolated from the interior of the boat, so there is no chance for dangerous fuel to enter the boat. The steering wheel connects to the twin rudders for sailing, or to the outboard motor for powering. With the wheel connected to the motor, and the rudders retracted, you steer as you would with the outboard engine. When under power at moderate or high speed, the kick up rudders are in the up position to reduce drag. For excellent control at low speed, the wheel is connected to both the engine and the rudders. Changing the steering system between rudders and engine takes only a few seconds.
- Sails & Rigging
- Doyle Sails Mainsail 170 Sq. Ft. 150% Genoa, 206 Sq. Ft. With Roller Furler Boom vang Lewmar Winches
- Electronics & Helm
- Raytheon 365 speed, depth Fish finder Compass
- 12 Volt battery 12 Volt Breaker panel Domestic Lights Navigation lights Wire chases throughout the deck liner for wiring for additional electrical items.
- Engine Details & Mechanical Equipment
- Mercury 60 HP Big Foot two-stroke outboard motor, low hours
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.