- 70 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
A wonderful Hatteras 70 CPMY that has been well cared for and updated over the last few years. She is a special yacht with an extended aft deck which is air conditioned. The bridge has been extended and lengthened and has seating for a crowd and a center island with three bar stools. There was an extensive re-fit and engine rebuild in 2008, including new AC air handlers. I personally brought the boat from Fort Lauderdale, FL to New Bern, NC over a period of 7 days. A classic, well found vessel that performed as one would expect from the Hatteras pedigree. With the desired Galley Up and large 4 staterooms and four heads, MAGIC CARPET is the one to see for anyone looking for a stabilized, large motor yacht.
- Cockpit : You enter the cockpit from the swim platform and through the port side door. The self-draining cockpit is large and offers enough room for a couple of deck chairs. There are four large storage cabinets with stainless steel shelving built-in and a cockpit freezer in the forward bulkhead. A large lazarette opens to reveal storage access to rudder posts and steering. There is a cockpit shower and dock side water connections as well. Aft Deck : Up a few starboard side steps from the cockpit and through the opening door is the Aft Deck. The aft deck is a lovely entertaining or relaxation spot. The sides are fixed with sliding windows and screens. The aft section is enclosed with a black Sunbrella enclosure with eisenglass and screens. To port is an L-shaped green settee with pillow and forward is a cabinet with a built-in refrigerator, Corian counter top and a bottle storage area. To starboard is a built-in L-shaped settee and a round dining table for four. Additional folding PVC chairs are available to seat more guests. The sole is carpeted with removable indoor-outdoor carpeting. Side rails are teak. The entire aft deck is heated and cooled as well. Salon : The main salon is large and offers excellent natural light and ventilation through the side windows. The window treatments include beautiful Ultra-Leather valances and wood blinds. You enter from the aft deck through a thick clear acrylic door. To port is a custom Ultra-Leather L-shaped settee with wood coffee table. To starboard are two matching blue sitting chairs separated by a wood bureau with 3 drawers. Forward in the salon and to port is a round wood dining table with six chairs. To starboard is the stairway access to the master stateroom and engine room. A large salon television is mounted on the forward bulkhead and an entertainment center is located in a bulkhead cabinet. The salon features a panoramic surround system. Galley : The desired “up” galley is quite large and U-shaped. The counters are solid surface and the sink is a double sink with side dish drying area. The galley offers excellent storage cabinetry and drawers. Natural light and ventilation is excellent. Bothe the galley and dinette have fabric valances and mini-blinds. The galley will please even the most discriminating onboard chef. Dinette : The dinette area is across from the galley on the starboard side. The dinette has fore and aft facing settee and a high-low table. The area will convert into an additional berth if needed. Under the settees are drawer storage. The dinette table is a solid-surface table. Pilothouse : The pilot house has excellent seating with an elevated seat and a pull out foot rest. Under the seat are several drawers and cabinets for storage. There are port and starboard pilot house doors and access to the flybridge is along the starboard side and offer wide step treads for easy maneuvering. In the pilot house there are port side cabinets which reveal the AC electrical panel and generator controls. From the pilot house doors you can access forward to the bow deck. Steps from the pilot house located on the starboard side offer access to the lower cabins. DC electrical panel is in a cabinet outboard as you walk down the cabin steps. Flybridge : Access to the bridge is easy from the pilot house. The bridge access overhead hatch and door can be closed and locked. The bridge is very large and has been customized. The helm offers two helm chairs and excellent 360 degree visibility. Aft of the helm is a centered cabinet with a wet bar and refrigerator/freezer and storage cabinet. The aft section of the cabinet is rounded and there are three built-in sitting stools. The aft bridge deck offers seating for a crowd with a U-shaped seating area with storage under the seats. Aft of the seating is storage for the inflatable RIB and additional storage for a jet ski or other water toy. A large davit will launch and recover the toys. On the bridge is an EBIRP and the certified life raft. The bridge is protected by a forward helm eisenglass windshield and Stamoid bimini top. There is indoor-outdoor carpeting on the bridge. Forward Deck: Access by way of either pilot house doors. Wide and safe side decks offers ease of movement. The deck has built-in seating facing forward and a large sun cushion on the cabin top. The windlass is easy to use and the large foredeck makes anchoring a breeze. Master Stateroom : Aft and private the stateroom is unique and offers his and hers separate heads. The berth is a king sized, center-lined berth with an upholstered head board and storage shelves. Along the port side is a vanity and the built-in entertainment system. To starboard is a large walk-in closet which is cedar-lined and offers a built-in safe. Along the port and starboard sides are large drawers and shelving. Access to his and her heads is aft. The head areas are separated by a shared shower and whirlpool tub with sliding glass doors. The heads offer solid surface countertops, sliding mirror storage and vanity storage. The heads are electric flush. As you enter the lower staterooms from the pilot house, at the foot of the steps and to starboard Is the laundry center with stacked Whirlpool washer and dryer. Access into the generator room is through the sole. Forward Stateroom : The forward guest stateroom features a center-lined queen berth with a mirrored headboard which opens to the anchor locker. Overhead is a large hatch for light and ventilation. Outboard are port and starboard matching Corian shelves with aft drawers. Along the starboard side is a cedar-lined hanging locker. To port and mounted on the bulkhead is a flat screen television. Along the aft bulkheads are port and starboard storage cabinets. There are two opening ports with screens. At the top of the steps is a private entry into the shared head. Forward Head and Day Head . Located at the foot of the pilot house steps is the shared head. The head features a vanity with Corian tops, mirrored cabinets, electric head and a separate shower stall with folding glass doors. There is an overhead hatch as well. Bunk Bed Stateroom : Located along the port side the bunk room was once considered “crew quarters”. The bunks are athwartships with the headboards inboard. The lower bunk has storage cabinets under the berth and one outboard. The upper bunk has an opening port. The stateroom has a large cedar-lined hanging locker and storage shelving. A flat screen TV is mounted on the forward bulkhead. A separate and private ensuite head features a Corian vanity with mirrored cabinet, electric head, a storage cabinet outboard above the head and a separate shower stall with folding glass doors. There is an overhead hatch as well. Aft Guest Stateroom : Down a few steps and aft from the hallway is the guest cabin. The cabin is large and features an aft mirror bulkhead. The berth is queen and centerline with an upholstered headboard and dual night stands with storage drawers built-in. Along the port side are storage drawers and a top shelve. There are port and starboard cedar-lined hanging lockers as well. Along the starboard side is a private head with Corian countertops, a mirrored vanity and a separate jetted tub with shower and sliding glass doors. The head overhead is mirrored as well.
- Double molded sinks with dish dryer area Faucet with built-in sprayer Corian solid surface countertops TruTech built-in DVD stereo system Aft bulkhead spice storage rack Sharp Carousel II microwave/convection oven Magic Chef (4) burner electric stove top Magic Chef self-cleaning electric stove Whirlpool side-by-side refrigerator/freezer with ice maker Whirlpool Quiet Wash dishwasher Cockpit freezer with stainless steel lining Avanti Dual Zone 24 bottle wine cooler in pilothouse4 Summit 5.5 cu. ft. refrigerator in aft deck Danby Designer 4.5 cu. ft. refrigerator on flybridge
- Stainless steel anchor rollers Bow deck cushion and sun pad with protective Stamoid covers Marquipt boarding steps for port and starboard gates Marquipt boarding ladder for port or starboard gates Flybridge cushions for aft seating and bar stools with Stamoid covers Flybridge helm cover Flybridge white Stamoid bimini with stainless steel supports and Eisenglass windshield Black Textalene windshield cover Aft deck aft enclosure with Eisenglass and screens Galley Maid electric windlass with helm and foot controls CQR 60 pound primary anchor with 250 ft. of 5/16 chain rode Stainless steel stanchions with single coated life line Stanchion teak rails painted with white Awlgrip Exterior teak trim painted with white Awlgrip Port and Starboard boarding gates Port and Starboard electric boxes with dock water and cable TV connections Bow, stern and flybridge fresh water wash down Bow pulpit with teak inla Custom built-in storage cabinets in cockpit with freezer and dive tank storage Swim platform with stainless steel swim ladder Transom door with locks Indoor/Outdoor carpeting on flybridge and in aft deck Switlik 8 person life raft in canister mounted on flybridge, currently certified Novurania 14 ft RIB with Yamaha 50 hp motor on flybridge Novurania RIB protective storage cover Marquipt low profile dingy davit on flybridge Additional bridge mounted chocks for water toys (2) Todd helm chairs
- Electronics & Helm
- Pilothouse: Danforth Compass Furuno FR 1510 color radar with 96 mile Furuno open array radar Furuno 561 color depth indicator and fish finder Furuno GPS 37 GPA/WAAS Navigator display Simrad AP 25 autopilot Gateway computer with NobleTec charting software, wireless keyboard and mouse HP 22 inch chart plotter display (2) ACR RL-100 remote controls for spot lights SEA 322 single side band radio with port and starboard microphones ICOM IC-M504 HF radio with DSC Raytheon RAY 420 loudhailer control (2) B and G 20/20 CD displays with wind, depth, and speed B and G wind direction and speed indicators Video display with three engine room cameras and rear camera views ICOM Submersible Plus hand held HVF radio Uniden Submersible VHF radio Hatteras fuel and water tank levels LCD display (3) windshield wiper controls with wash Bennett trim tab controls Flybridge: Danforth Compass ACR RL-100 spotlight remote control Furuno color radar with 48 mile Furuno open array MAG Platinum Series computer monitor on bridge helm with display seen in pilothouse Simrad AP-25 autopilot SEA 156 VHF radiotelephone Raytheon RAY 420 loudhailer control B and G Hydra 3 display with depth and speed Garmin 152 GPS display Bennett trim tabs controls
- 12 and 24 volt DC and 110/220 volt AC power (2) 50 Amp Glendenning Cable Master cords port and starboard bow DC electrical panel with circuit breakers in pilot house DC electrical panel with circuit breakers in engine room AC electrical panel in pilothouse with circuit breakers AC electrical panel with circuit breakers in engine room AC pilothouse panel with (2) separate panels, AC volts and Amp meters Onan 20 Kw generators in sound shields with 4500 hours Generator controls in AC panel in pilot house KVA 15 isolation transformers Dytek auto/manual controlled battery charger (8) Cruise Air reverse cycle AC units with SMX controls Sea Recovery 1200 gallon a day water maker (currently not in use) Dual trumpet stainless steel horn KVH satellite television antenna on radar arch with DirecTV receivers Panasonic surround sound system and receiver in main salon Zenith dual VHS and DVD player in main salon Sony SLV-D0380P dual VHS and DVD player in master stateroom Vizio 42 inch flat screen television in main salon Toshiba Regeza 37 inch flat screen television in master cabin Toshiba Regeza 37 inch flat screen television in guest cabins LG 17 inch flat screen television in bunk bed cabin 30 gallon hot water heater mounted in engine room Toshiba 12 station phone/intercom system throughout the yacht Clarion Marine M475 AM/FM/CD player with remote speakers Nutone central vacuum systems throughout yacht
- Detroit Diesel 12V92 engines with complete overhaul in 2008 Port Engine Hours now 4100, Starboard Engine hours now 3600 Port engine rebuilt at 2400 hours, Starboard engine rebuilt at 2900 hours All shafts, props, and couplings were removed-reconditioned and balanced in 2008 Twin Disc transmissions Hydraulic transmission and engine throttle levers at both helms Hynautics hydraulic steering at both helms Hatteras Systems Monitor display with alarms at both helms Full engine instrumentation at both helms and in engine room Rudder Angle indicators at both helms Engine alternator volt meters at both helms Emergency shut off handles Naiad hydraulic stabilizers with controls at both helms Oil exchanging systems for engines/transmissions and generators Dual Racor filters with vacuum gauges Glendinning engine synchronizer Automatic fire suppression system with manual pull handles Built in 30 gallon lube oil tank in starboard engine room, fills from deck AC and DC ventilation fans Upgraded engine room insulation
- Brokers Comments
- MAGIC CARPET has all the amenities one would expect from a Hatteras Motor Yacht. She is well cared for and ready. Her current owner has decided to give up yachting and has placed MAGIC CARPET for sale. No disappointments. Easy to see in New Bern, NC (Home of Hatteras Yachts). Insurance and Financing information available through listing broker
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.