- 45 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Number of Engines
1997 ROBERTSON AND CAINE LEOPARD 45 - Merryland
BUILDERS REMARKS: The Leopard 45 was Cruising World Magazine's charter boat of the year when it was introduced in 1997.
BROKERS REMARKS: The present owner of "Merryland" puchased her out of The Moorings La Paz charter fleet in 2005. Since then he has done an almost total refit inside and out. The inventory is extensive for comfortable offshore cruising and she shows the constant maintenance and upgrading this owner has lavish on her. "Merryland" has been a safe and fun yacht for years of sailing throughout the Sea Of Cortez and the west coast of Mexico but now that he is back at his New Mexico residence she has been put on the market and is priced to sell. Don't miss this opportunity to purchase a solid proven offshore catamaran at a great price.
AVAILABILITY: Available now ready to sail off.
- BOAT NAME: Merryland FORMER NAME: Jacana MAKE/MODEL: Robertson & Caine/Leopard 45 DESIGNER: Alex Simonis / Robertson & Caine / The Moorings BUILDER: Robertson and Caine WHERE BUILT: South Africa MODEL YEAR: 1997 YEAR BUILT: 1997 REGISTRATION NUMBER: USCG Documented FLAG: United States LOA : M 13.63 / FT 44’8” LWL: M 12.10 / FT 39’8” BEAM: M 7.4 / FT 24’3” DRAFT: M 1.1 / FT 3’8” DISPLACEMENT: 21,600 lbs. / 9,890 kg
- HULL: Composite Glass Reinforced Plastic (GRP) Sandwich with Balsa core DECK MATERIAL: Textured G.R.P. STEERING SYSTEM: Wheel DUAL STEERING: No RUDDER TYPE: Skeg KEEL TYPE: Multihull
- Twin x 50/hp Diesels IB Yanmar 4 Cylinder straight shaft Starboard engine hours 1,500, port 1,650 since rebuilt Racor fuel filters Engine temperature alarm Automatic & manual bilge pumps
- 110 V AC electrical system House batteries upgraded to 4 4D batteries total 720 amp hrs. 12 V DC electrical system dedicated battery for each engine CD player & stereo with two inside and two outside speakers Northern Lights 8 KW generator new with only 122 hours Air conditioning: three units with reverse cycle heat Outback 2800 watt inverter with remote New upgraded electical panel with 20 12 volt breakers and 18 110 volt AC breakers Three 110 watt solar panels Complete electrical bonding Two 50' shore cords
- NO OF FUEL TANKS: 2 MATERIAL: Aluminium CAPACITY OF FUEL TANKS: LITRES: 250 / GALLONS: 60 NO OF WATER TANKS: 2 MATERIAL: Roto-molded Plastic CAPACITY OF WATER TANKS: 2 LITRES: 800 / GALLONS: 211 HOLDING TANKS: Two with overboard drains
- WATER SYSTEM
- PRESSURISED: Hot and cold water WATER HEATING SYSTEM: Two 110 volt and engine exchangers WATERMAKER: Spectra Newport with remote 1500 liters per day
- Mainsail with Antal system 2 jiffy reef points Profurl 120% genoa roller furling (4) Lewmar self-tailing winches SailMate self-stacking main sail handling system w/lazy jacks & integral sail cover Profurl roller furling Mainsheet traveler on arch Lewmar 54 electric winch with foot switch at helm 2006 Quantum sails Captain Navy bimini top, side shades, sail covers, interior and cockpit cushions
- GENOA WINCHES: (2) Lewmar 54, 2 Speed, Self Tailing, One with electric foot switch HALYARD WINCHES: (2) Lewmar 44, 2 Speed, Self Tailing MAINSHEET TRAVELER WINCHES: (1) Lewmar 44, 2 Speed Self Tailing
- Saloon: The Saloon has a large dining table with a U-shaped settee. The saloon table can convert to a double berth. U-shaped settee converts to sleeping berth or casual coffee table. Space for an optional entertainment area is provided. The high quality interior is a tasteful blend of Beechwood, fiberglass reinforced platic (FRP), white vinyl overhead liners, and Corian countertops. The cabin sole is durable, low maintenance teak and holly composite floor panels. There are 4 owner and guest staterooms including 4 guest heads and 4 guest showers. Guest Cabins: The layout of the 4500 catamaran offers four double cabins; two forward and two aft in each hull. Each cabin has a double berth; an overhead hatch, overhead lighting, separate reading lights and air conditioning vents. The cabins also have a 12V, two-speed fan, hanging locker and a small settee with additional storage underneath. Each of the four amidships heads has a large shower. The toilet, cabinetry and lavatory basin are part of a continuous-molded unit. A holding tank is fitted on each side of the yacht, between the two head units. The tanks can be pumped out from shore side as well as gravity drained when under way. All thru-hulls and valves are easiy accessible. Each shower has its own dedicated manually controlled sump pump.
- A mechanical engine-driven with additional 12 volt unit refrigeration system provides excellent cooling to the freezer box and an additional separate front-opening refrigerator door minimizes opening of the freezer. There is an additional 12 volt refrigerator under the galley counter. Ventilation is provided by an overhead hatch and two forward opening ports. Great natural light from large salon windows forward. (3) burner LPG gimgalled stove w/oven and broiler Double stainless steel sink 10 gal. garbage bin Recessed dish draining rack Ample work surfaces and locker space for crockery, cutlery and all cooking utensils Main work surfaces covered with Corian
- NAVIGATION AIDS
- Navigation station is to starboard facing aft in the saloon Autohelm 7000 autopilot Autohelm ST60 wind direction & speed Autohelm ST 60 depth Autohelm ST 60 ICOM dual station VHF radio Standard Horizon 1000 C GPS plotter Raytheon ST60 depth sounder Raytheon ST60 speed and distance log JCR 1800 radar on SS mast mount ICOM SSB radio Skipper 150 satelite phone EPIRP 406
- DECK AND GROUND TACKLE
- The deck offers a large aft platform which allows easy access onto the boat. The Leopard's trademark "targa" traveler affords unparallel ease of movement in and out of the cockpit. High bow locker, two lazarette lockers and three cockpit lockers are supplied for extensive storage. There is a fixed cockpit table with hinged extension. The helmsman seat is strategically located to allow for a 360 degree view around the boat. The louvered windows give the interior protection from the midday sun and easy access to the cabin top and they also make great seats! 45 Kilo Bruce anchor w/300' of 3/8" HT chain 35 lb Bruce anchor 85 lb. Delta quick set anchor 50 ft 3/8 HT chain 50 ft rope road Custom ($10,000) SS arch with dinghy davit, fender holders, outboard motor mount, and Magna Monterray bar b q with separate propane tank and cook station Dinghy: 11' West Marine RIB with 15 hp Honda outboard, both new 2008 Swim ladder Stern shower Bimini top with side shades, solar panels on top, custom cockpit cushions Liferaft in deck holder with matching cover, six person. Para Tech 18# sea anchor Para Tech sea brake
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- North America, South America, Pacific Ft. Lauderdale Sales Office Tel: +1 954 925-4150 Fax: +1 954 925-4229 Email us Annapolis Sales Office Tel: +1 800 672 1327 Email us Tortola Support Office Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I. France and Southern Europe United Kingdom and Northern Europe Asia / Africa Nice Sales Office Nice, France Tel: +33 (0) 4 92 00 46 50 Fax: +33 (0) 4 92 04 85 10 Email us Portsmouth Sales Office Port Solent Marina Portsmouth, United Kingdom Tel: +44 (0) 23 9222 2213 Fax: +44 (0) 23 9222 2285 Email us Hong Kong Support Office Kwun Tong, Hong Kong Tel: +852 6384 0188 Email us Africa Support Office Cape Town, South Africa Tel: +27 21 689 2704 Email us Croatia, South Europe Turkey and Eastern Med Austalia Croatia Sales Office Marina Kremik, Primosten, Croatia Mobile: 0038598321671 Email us Turkey Sales Office Netsel Marina, Marmaris, Turkey Office: +90 252 412 1927 Fax: +90 252 412 4384 Email us Brisbane Sales Office Brisbane, Queensland, Australia Office:1300 739 655 Cell: 61 423 700 782 Fax: 61 7 3102 6253 Email us