- 38 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
SELLER WILL ENTERTAIN ALL OFFERS DUE TO ILLNESS AND IMMEDIATE NEED TO SELL THIS PERFECT BOAT!
JUST CLEANED, WAXED AND SERVICED SEPT 2014 100% READY TO GO!
NEW SUNBRELLA BEIGE AFT ENCLOSURE WITH MAROON PIPING
When you come on board this yacht you will immediately understand while the VILM 116 was selected as the “BEST PRODUCTION CRUISER“ by Cruising Magazine in 2002. The accommodations are outstanding and the mahogany wood and joinery are truly a work of art. Known as a blue water capable yacht, the VILM 116 will take you anywhere in luxury and safety. No disappointment and “MUST SEE” for anyone considering a cruising, motor sailor or pilothouse sailboat.
Built in Lauterbach in the German Baltic Island of Rugen, the VILM 116 is built for the rugged Baltics and North Sea. The 116 is approved for Category A (Open Ocean) and is suitable for circumnavigation and the shallow draft makes it perfect for coast
wise exploring. The 116 is built to meet or exceed CE certification as well as German’s Lloyds specifications-the most stringent boat building standards in the world.
The 116 was built for sale in the United States and was sold in Annapolis, Maryland. All systems are US and no need for conversions. All equipment is serviceable in the US.
- Built Information
- The build information is informative and lengthy. Complete build narrative is available through listing broker.
- The interior of the 116 is made from mahogany and the fit and finish equals any in the yachting world today. The use of fabrics, curtains, and cabinetry are stunning. The sole and overhead are beautiful and the natural light and ventilation are outstanding. The boat is entered by way of the port or starboard boarding gates and into the enclosed pilothouse. The pilothouse has a hard top with fixed side windows and two windshields and two overhead hatches. The aft section of the pilothouse is protected by a bimini top and side curtains. The aft curtain is fixed with a large window with ventilation above and the two side curtains will roll up. The pilothouse is large and offers an L-shaped settee to starboard and a long settee to port. There is cubby storage outboard of each settee. The settees offer closed foam cushions which can be removed and stored. The helm is slightly to starboard and offers 360 degree panoramic views. The engine controls, gauges and electronics are all easily accessible. The helm seat can be removed and there is a folding table that uses the helm seat pedestal for support and offers seating for six using the settees. The cockpit floor and settees are natural teak. Aft of the cockpit and down three steps is the aft cabin. The aft cabin offers complete privacy from the main cabin. There are port and starboard twin berths with ample storage outboard, forward and aft. Aft is a desk that can be extended as needed or if used for a charting table. There is a hanging locker in the starboard side forward bulkhead. Beautiful matching fabrics and curtains, along with the soft mahogany woodwork and cabinetry make the aft cabin warm and comfortable. The entry door and overhead hatch store easily and when closed offers complete privacy from the pilothouse. Forward and sown three steps is the main cabin. Immediately to starboard is the L-shaped galley area with ample countertop and storage capabilities, double stainless sinks and appliances ready to please the most discriminating onboard chef. Across and to port is the head. The head features a fresh water hand pump in head, full sized shower stall, manual head, mirrored vanity and ample storage. The main salon features a long settee to port with outboard storage cabinets and built-in bookcase. The starboard side is a U-shaped settee/dinette with outboard storage cabinets and built-in book case. The settees are separated by the dinette table with two folding leaves and a center storage drawer. The compression post is centered and covered with a beautiful mahogany cover. Further forward is the main sleeping cabin. The berth is large and although large enough it has a small filler cushion. Outboard and forward are storage cabinets and storage shelves. There are port and starboard aft hanging lockers and storage cabinets under the berths. A wood privacy door separates the cabin from the salon.
- The L-shaped galley is located at the base of the companionway steps to the main cabin and to starboard. The galley offers excellent storage and food preparation areas that will please even the most discriminating onboard chef. Two High-Polished Stainless Steel Sinks With Cover That Reverse As Cutting Boards Custom Sink Cover Storage Along The Bulkhead Above The Sinks Single Lever Stainless Steel Faucet Hand Pump For Salt Water Eno Stainless Steel Two Burner Stove Top With Gimbaled Stainless Steel Oven Propane Solenoid System Samsung Built In Microwave Oven Frigoboat In Counter Freezer With Thermostat Frigoboat In Counter Refrigeration With Thermostat 12v Refrigerator With Small Freezer Under-Counter Formica Countertops With Fiddles Ample Countertop, Storage Drawers, And Cabinets Water Gauge In Dc Panel
- Lewmar anchor windlass with helm and foot controls Stainless steel 25 kg plow anchor with 200’stainless steel anchor chain Stainless steel bow pulpit and anchor roller Stainless steel bow and stern rails Stainless steel stanchions with coated double life lines Stainless steel dingy davits mounted on stern Outboard motor dingy mount along port stern rail Port and starboard boarding gates Aft rails with teak seats Teak toe rails, cabin top hand rails, and trim Teak decks with natural finish Teak seating and sole in pilothouse with natural finish Pilothouse hard top with bimini extension Pilothouse with windshield and side fixed windows Aft enclosure with side curtains and aft window with ventilation Stainless steel propane grill Windshield and side window Sunbrella protective covers Deck hatches with Sunbrella protective covers Emergency tiller system Aft propane locker with two tanks Stainless steel folding aft boarding/swim ladder with small teak platform Removable helm seat Removable and stored pilothouse table, uses helm seat pedestal as base Transom hot and cold water shower Six oversized cleats on bow, amidships, and stern (6) deck hatches with screens
- Silva Type 100 compass Garmin GPS Map 192 color chart plotter with protective sun cover Simrad AP-22 autopilot control with protective cover Simrad RX3000X autopilot hand held remote control for autopilot Raymarine ST-60 wind indicator with protective cover Lowrance High Definition X49 depth indicator Standard-Horizon Intrepid VHF radio with DSC
- Sails and Rigging
- All stainless steel standing rigging 1 x 19 with stainless steel swaged terminals Furlex 300 roller furling for head sail Setamar in-mast roller furling for main sail Anodized aluminum mast with double spreader, deck stepped Mast supports provided by fore & aft lower shrouds, intermediate and upper shrouds Boom vang and adjustable topping lift Elvestrom 130% genoa sail Elvestrom fully battened main sail with in mast furling (2) Lewmar ST #48 self-tailing winches on aft cabin top in pilothouse (2) Lewmar ST #16 self-tailing winches on aft cabin top in pilothouse All lines lead to pilothouse Lewmar hardware including-tracks, blocks and traveler
- The 12 volt (DC) panel is located in a cabinet along the starboard side of the helm with the 120 volt (AC) panel is located along the port side of the helm. 12 volt DC and 120 volt AC power DC panel with circuit breakers and DC Volt meter Magnetronic Battery Control System DCC4000E in DC panel AC panel with circuit breakers and Reverse Polarity indicator 30 Amp power cord with adapters, 50 foot Isothem 6 gallon hot water heater with heat exchanger (2) Lifeline AGM 4-D house batteries in battery box Lifeline AGM 4-D engine start battery in battery box Pro-Tech 4, four step, 40 Amp battery charger Zinc protected metal bonding system Jensen MDC 9645W AM/FM/CD player with equalizer in main salon Jensen remote stereo speakers Harwich stainless steel clock, tide, and barometers fixed to aft bulkhead in salon Steaming lights, deck light and masthead/anchor Single stainless steel trumpet horn Vetus windshield wipers for port and starboard helm windshields 12 volt DC plug at helm, aft cabin, main cabin and galley 120 volt AC plugs are GFI protected Stainless steel cable TV connection
- The engine compartment is well insulated and the engine is extremely quiet underway. Access into the compartment is through the hatch in the pilothouse. Additional access by removing the steps from the cabin companionways allows wonderful and complete engine and transmission access. Volvo-Penta 50 hp fresh water cooled diesel engine with 1350 hours Racor (Volvo) primary fuel filter Volvo-Penta Aqua Drive transmission for smooth engine alignment Volvo-Penta single lever engine and transmission control at helm Volvo-Penta engine gauges, including RPM, water temp, oil pressure, volts and warning alarms Stainless steel shaft with dripless shaft log (3) blade folding Volvo Auto prop propeller Vetus hydraulic steering Beautiful wood steering wheel Side-Power 6 hp electric bow thruster with joy stick control Fuel gauge in DC panel All bronze thru hulls and sea cocks Water tight firewall separates the engine compartment from main cabin Fireboy fire suppression system with manual and automatic controls * Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
- Broker's Remarks
- A truly remarkable blue water pilothouse / motorsailer that is a must see for anyone looking for a capable and safe sailboat. Don’t miss this amazing opportunity. Seller is motivated and change of plans dictates the sale. Delivery, Financing, and Insurance information available through listing broker.
- Mechanical Disclaimer
- * Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.