- 53 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
This was the nicest 1987 Hatteras Yachtfish 53 this broker has ever been aboard, when the current owners purchased "Algonquin" in January 2011. After their "Great Loop" cruise she returned to Florida in even better condition! Prior to "Algonquin"s cruise, all systems were checked, the engines were completely serviced to include new injectors, heat exchangers were serviced, new cutlass bearings, and seals, new Garmin 5212 plotter with $2,000 worth of navigation chips, and Garmin 36 mile radar were installed as well as a new Victron 3000 Watt invertor.
New below decks custom carpeting, (2) new custom leatherette barrel chairs with storage, a new $2,600 pillow top hinged mattress was placed in the master stateroom, new privacy shades were installed, new top of the line fender holders, Naiad stabilizers, as well as many other additional upgrades. "Algonquin" also had a complete awlcraft professional exterior paint job completed in 2006 and she still shines. The current owners also had a custom radar arch hinge installed to accommodate the fixed bridge heights presented by the "Great Loop" in Chicago. "Algonquin" is turn key and ready to go, having received an open checkbook ownership by both her previous, and current owners. The last owner enjoyed "Algonquin" from 1990 until 2010, and was an active member in the Hatteras 15' 10" Club.
Vessel has $10,000 worth of spare parts that convey with the sale.
This is a great vessel for a cruising couple with occasional guests, and is a MUST SEE for anyone desiring a 3 stateroom layout with a legitimate cockpit. "Algonquin" was one of the last 53 Yachtfish built, and is a true example of this iconic design.
- Bridge Clearance, Radar arch up: 23' Bridge Clearance, Radar arch down: 18' Engine HP: 550 Hours: 2000 SMOH Fuel: 1,015 gal. 3 tanks Fresh Water: 325 gal. 2 tanks
- Vessel Walkthrough
- The venerable 3 stateroom 3 head Hatteras Yachtfish has the favored layout which includes the aft private master with an athwartships queen berth, the double bed midships VIP, and the over/under berths in the forward stateroom. The separate granite countered master head, and VIP head share a common stall shower with dual access doors, and the forward cabin has a large separate head with a stall shower. The main salon of "Algonquin" is finished in rich teakwood, and the custom fixed single lower helm seat, which also houses the TV, gives the salon area a larger feeling than some Hatteras helm seat configurations. Down 4 steps to starboard of the lower helm leads to the fixed dinette, and large galley with upgraded appliances. Added features include Naiad stabilizers, and below the galley sole is the generator/storage room which houses a 20 KW Onan with approx 2525hrs. The exterior of "Algonquin" has wide side decks, with wing doors, which lead to the enclosed aft deck. Through the eisenglass enclosed aft deck is the ladder leading to the large cockpit which has coaming bolsters, and a transom door leading to the swim platform. The foredeck has integrated seating, and 2 large secured dunnage boxes with custom cushions. The flybridge is accessed from the enclosed aft deck where you will find a large cushioned storage/seating area, 2 helm seats, and additional seating forward of the helm.
- The salon is open, and airy with dual side door access, and aft bulkhead doors to the enclosed aft deck. A comfortable couch is to starboard, and two new barrel chairs are to port separated by 2 moveable coffee tables. Aft to port in the salon is a built-in wet bar with new ice maker. The single custom helm seat also houses the entertainment center LG Flatscreen TV, Samsung Stereo Tuner and VHS.
- The galley is down 4 steps to starboard of the lower helm station which leads to a fixed dinette to starboard, and galley to port. Amana side by side refrigerator 2004 Kenmore microwave 2004 Kenmore dishwasher 2004 Kenmore separate washer dryer 2004 Modern Maid electric oven Nutone flush counter mount blender Moen faucet Amtico flooring Optimus Stereo tuner with speakers Overhead lighting Large counter top space Ample cabinets Generator and storage area below galley sole
- Dinette Area
- The dinette area consists of a fixed table with fore, and aft upholstered bench seating for four. The sliding glass port, and starboard windows allow for a bright, and airy feeling. Amidships of the galley area are two steps leading to the hallway which separates the dual engine rooms, which have double access doors, and inspection ports. Amidships forward of the galley area is the private door to the forward cabin.
- Master Stateroom
- Down the hallway between the engine rooms is the master aft stateroom which has the athwartships queen berth, with 2600 pillow top mattress, multiple drawers, large closet, built in TV, large aft bulkhead window overlooking the cockpit, and a private head with granite counter tops, and electric Galley Maid quiet flush fresh water head system. The large stall shower has dual access doors to allow use by the VIP guest head, or the master stateroom head. Side windows, overhead lighting, and bedside table lamps allow for good natural, or electric lighting. An additional extra water tank is located under the queen berth.
- VIP Stateroom - Amidships
- The VIP stateroom has the preferred double bed arrangement, is located to port adjacent to the starboard side VIP granite countered head, and has good lighting, and storage.
- Forward stateroom
- Forward of the galley is the third stateroom with privacy door. This stateroom has a large portside head with stall shower, wide starboard side over/under berths, and also houses the laundry center to starboard with a Kenmore washer/dryer which was installed new in 2004. Opening ports Opening hatch Counter and cabinet storage Rich teak joinerwork
- The flybridge is accessed from the enclosed aft deck through a water tight hatch. Aft on the flybridge is a large seating/storage area. The dual helm chairs offer excellent visibility, and the seating forward of the helm console allows for guest interaction, and additional storage. The Bimini, and folding radar arch provides good sun protection, and air flow.
- Helm Areas
- The upper, and lower helms have excellent visibility, and a large array of the ship's monitoring systems, as well as navigation aids. (2) Standard Horizon 1000C GPS chart plotters new 2006 KVH Sat TV new 2006 SAT phone Triton Motorola Garmin 36 mile radar (2011) Garmin 5212 GPS Map (2011) Garmin 521 GPS Map (2011) Simrad autopilot new 2006 Northstar 800 loran C Icom M710 SSB radio (2) Standard Horizon Spectran VHF's Dockside phone system ITT Jabsco auto searchlight new 2007 Datamarine depth, and speed unit Recent VDO engine gauges Intercom system Danforth Constellation SS binicale compass Side Power 24 volt Bow Thruster Naiad Stabilizer Controls Victron 3000 W Inverter (2011) ACR Epirb (2011)
- The hallmark of the Hatteras 53 Yachtfish is its generous cockpit which is fantastic for boarding from a floating dock, easy access to the water, enjoyment of pleasure fishing, or another private seating area. Cockpit coaming pads Transom door Swim platform and ladder Extra fuel tank Custom cockpit davits (removable) Multiple rod holders Flag staff holder
- The multi-use electrical system is energized by port and starboard 50 Amp 120/240 AC recepticles, 24/32 Volt DC battery power, and the 20 KW Onan generator, (2500 hrs.) located in a sound shield. The Hatteras electrical panels are of commercial grade, as are the electrical monitoring systems. Side Power Bow Thruster 24 volt Glendenning Cable Master New Sentry battery charger (4) Air conditioning/heating units with SMX touch pad controls Multiple GFI outlets 50 Amp shore power cords Electric windshield wipers/washers DC overhead lighting AC lighting Dedicated battery for bow thruster which may be used to start main engine
- Engine Room
- The well ventilated, and insulated engine rooms are split by the walkway to the master, and VIP stateroom. Each engine room has fore, and aft opening doors for easy access to the machinery. Detroit 6V-92TA 550 HP engines with approx. 2000 hrs. SMOH Allison 2:1 transmissions Dual Racor fuel filters New engine room lights Airsep air filters New Wellextrol air compressor Naiad stabilizers Bradford White 20 gal. water heater Oil exchange system for mains, and generator Hydraulic steering Kidde fire suppression system Manual, and auto bilge pumps (high water alarm) Raw water strainers Bennett trim tabs $10,000 worth of spare parts that convey with the sale Oil changed every 100 hours New A/C hoses
- Deck Equipment
- Dual port and starboard bow dunnage boxes Muir electric anchor windlass Fortress 60# anchor with 300 ft. chain Raw water washdown Fresh water washdown Hinged Radar Arch to allow "Great Loop" bridge clearance Marquipt boarding stairs Glendenning Cable Master Port and starboard stainless steel fender holders 10-Person life raft Multiple fenders and dock lines Secure teak capped side rails Wing doors to the enclosed aft deck Spare Props and stub shafts Boston Whaler Tender, 15HP Mercury outboard on (2) stainless steel mechanical davits, removable $10,000 In spare parts
- The Hatteras hull construction is solid fiberglass. The entire exterior of "Algonquin" was painted with Awlcraft, Matterhorn White in 2006, and she sparkles!!
- Other Features & Broker Remarks
- This is the nicest 1987 Hatteras Yachtfish 53 this broker has ever been aboard.Current owner purchased "Algonquin" in January 2011 to pursue their dreams of conquering the "Great Loop" After the quest was complete, she returned to Florida in even better condition! Prior to "Algonquin's" cruise all systems were checked, the engines were completely serviced to include new injectors, heat exchangers were serviced, new cutlass bearings, and seals, new Garmin 5212 plotter with $2,000 worth of navigation chips, and Garmin 36 mile radar were installed, as well as a new Victron 3000 Watt invertor.New below decks custom carpeting, 2 new custom leatherette barrel chairs with storage, a new $2,600 pillow top hinged mattress was placed in the master stateroom, new privacy shades were installed, new top of the line fender holders, as well as many other additional upgrades. "Algonquin" also had a complete Awlcraft professional exterior paint job completed in 2006, and she shines.The current owners also had a custom radar arch hinge installed to accomodate the fixed bridge heights presented by the "Great Loop" in Chicago. With the radar arch down, she can clear an 18' bridge, while clearing a 23' bridge if up. "Algonquin" is turn key, and ready to go, having received an open check book ownership by her past, and current owners. The last owner enjoyed "Algonquin" from 1990 to 2010, and was an active member in the Hatteras 15' 10" Club. This a great vessel for a cruising couple with occasional guests, and a MUST SEE for anyone desiring a 3 stateroom layout with a legitimate cockpit. "Algonquin" was one of the last 53 Yachtfish built, and is a true well found example of this iconic design.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.