This MacGregor 26M in Stratford, CT is powered by both sails and a Honda 50 hp 4-Stroke outboard and includes a custom trailer.
The 26M is one of the most innovative production sailboats ever, featuring:
• Planing hull with only 12" draft (daggerboard up)
• Water ballast for additional stability under sail
• Max speed under power of over 17 knots
• Sailing speeds of over 14 knots in heavy air
• Rotating mast for better lift and power
• Light weight for easy trailering
• Mast can be easily raised/lowered by one person with the smart raising system.
This is an easy to sail boat that offers unique performance and versatility. You can raise the mast and trailer-launch the 26M in 10-15 minutes. Adjust the water ballast and daggerboard, and you can easily sail past other boats other boats of similar and larger sizes. If the wind dies or a storm approaches, drop the sails start the motor, and zoom home or to your next mooring faster than most sailboats twice her size.
If you want to go exploring beyond your home waters, just hook up the trailer and head out. No need to stay in a motel along the way, the easy access ladder built into the trailer makes access to the boat easy on the road and you can use it as a camper.
You can sleep six in the large double aft, two single berths in the main salon, and v-berth forward, with plenty of interior lighting. The galley features a microwave oven, electric stove, and stowable dinette table leaves. The enclosed head has a porta-potti with a deck pumpout. At the dock or in an RV park, just plug in the shore power and you'll have most of the comforts of home, including a Pioneer AM/FM/CD player.
This is a well maintained, original owner boat.
- FULL SPECIFICATIONS
- Dimensions LOA: 25' 10" LWL: 23' 2" Beam: 7' 9" Draft (board up): 12" Draft (board down): 5' 9" Mast Height: 35' Dry Weight: 2,550 lbs. Permanent Ballast: 300 lbs. Water Ballast: 1,150 lbs. Engine Manufacturer: Honda Horsepower: 50 Model: 4-Stroke Tankage Fuel: 24 gal. Water: 5 gal Holding: 2 gal Electrical Batteries: 2 Battery Switch Battery Charger Shore Power AC Outlets - 1 Forward (V-Berth), 2 in Main Salon DC Outlets - 2 Interior Lights: 1 - V-Berth, 1 - Galley, 1 - Main Salon Pioneer AM/FM/CD with remote Navigation Garmin 188C GPS/Sounder (Helm Mount) Pastimo Compass Uniden Polaris VHF Galley GE Microwave Oribo 2500E Single Burner Stove Sink with Fresh Water Other Trim Tabs Porta-Potti with Deck Pumpout Transom Shower Dockside Water Cockpit Cushions Anchor, Chain, and Rode Custom MacGregor Trailer with Forward Ladder
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Shown by appointment only. Please contact listing broker, John Longley at 203-257-5369 or email email@example.com to discuss this or any other boat. I would like to help you find your next great boat or yacht. Put my 35-plus years of boating experience in both power and sail to work for you. I can assist in all phases of your next yacht purchase or sale, including financing, survey, insurance, closing and delivery. I am available seven days a week