- 55 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Caterpillar 3196
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
Rich in style and detail, designed for dependability and performance, "WHY NOT" is a custom built 3 state room 2 Head floor plan with nice lower helm. Boasting Twin upgraded Caterpillar 3196 660 HP engines with only 1200 hours , Westerbeke gen set 300 hours , New Bimini top on the bridge, recently upgraded TVs throughout, and maintained with an open check book.
The owner is moving up in size but staying with the Neptunus line. As statistics show most Neptunus yacht owners wouldn’t think of owning another name after experiencing ownership of these high quality custom yachts. Do yourself a favor, if you are looking for a yacht in this classification and size do not commit until you have seen this one, you won’t be disappointed.
- Rich cherry wood, emerald green carpet and beige ultra-leather settee gives the salon aboard "WHY NOT" a warm and handsome feel. The aft sliding glass door and large stainless steel framed windows that surround the area provide superb views and plenty of natural lighting. This is a very inviting space. •C-Shaped Settee In Egg Shell White Ultra-Leather w/ Storage Beneath •Large Hi-Lo Cherry Wood Dinette Table •Two Small Stools For Additional Seating While Table Is In Dinette Position •Settee Accent Pillows •High Gloss Cherry Wood Joiner Work •Emerald Green Wall to Wall Carpeting •Central Vacuum Cleaning System •Small Dry Bar w/Hinged Top and Two Drawers •Entertainment Center , Onkyo Multi-Media Receiver, Sony 5-Disk CD /DVD Player, & DVD Storage Lockers •Two Salon Speakers w/ Separete Volume Control •Dual Cherry Wood Storage Lockers w/Shelf •Ultra-Leather Off White Headliner •12v Halogen Lighting Overhead •Rear Sliding Glass Door w/SS Frame & Privacy Blind •Port & Stbd Sliding Windows w/SS Frames •Metal Mini Blinds •Air Conditioning •120v Outlets •Courtesy Lighting •Overhead Indirect Lighting
- This raised galley area is forward of the salon but overlooks the area, keeping the those preparing meals involved in salon activities. There are large windows in front and to the side, so there is plenty of natural lighting. The galley is well thought-out and equipped. There is reasonable storage above and below the counter-top. •L-Shaped Galley Unit •Emerald Green Corian Counter Tops •Fiberglass Sink In Off-White •Price Pfister Faucet w/Removable Sprayer & Soap Dispenser •Cherry Wood Cabinets •Lower Cabinets Include: Curved Locker At End Of Counter; Four Drawers; Under Sink Storage w/ Pull Out Trash Receptacle •Dual U-Line Echelon Refrigerator (Hidden Behind Cherry Wood Doors) •Seven Small Upper Cabinets •Below Counter Panasonic Dimension 4 Microwave / Convection Oven •St. George 4- Burner Electric Cook-top •Built-In Black & Decker Coffee Maker •120v Outlets •Overhead Halogen Lighting •SS Toaster •Synthetic Wooden Sole •Stainless Steel Hand-Holds At Front Of Counter Tops •Air Conditioning •Small Storage Locker Forward of Galley Sink •Stereo Speakers •Vent Fan
- Lower Helm
- The lower helm is neatly tucked away forward, opposite of the galley. Visibility forward is quite reasonable. Controls and gauges are within easy reach. When conditions dictate the use of a lower station, a captain will be able to command the vessel with confidence at this helm. •Mather Micro Commander Engine Controls •Caterpillar Engine Gauges •Hydraulic Steering w/ Stainless Steel Wheel •Over-sized Helm Seat In Off-White Ultra Leather •Stainless Steel Footrest •Bennett Trim Tab Controls •Vetus Bow Thruster Controls •High Water Alarm System •Guest Spotlight Control •Windlass Controls •Richie Powerdamp Compass •12v Halogen Lighting •Emerald Green Carpeting •Air Conditioning •Stereo Speakers
- Forward Passageway
- •High Gloss Cherry Wood Joiner Work •Emerald Green Carpeting •12v Halogen Overhead Lighting •Courtesy Lighting •Master Linen Locker •Guest Linen Locker w/ Cedar Lining
- Master Sate Room
- This master area is classically laid out with the center island queen, dual hanging lockers & drawers and an en-suite head. The area is finished in cherry wood, emerald green carpet and various vinyl materials. After a long day on the water, an owner look forward to relaxing in this private space. (Please note that some of the original wallpaper in the staterooms have come unglued. The seller will give a dollar concession to the new owner so that they can redecorate the sleeping quarters in a new material, to their personal taste) •Centerline Marine Queen Berth w/Headboard & (2) Drawers Beneath •Overhead Cherry Wood Cabinets w/(4) Lockers To Port & (2) To Stbd •Port & Stbd Cherry Wood Cabinets w/ Shelf •Overhead Opening Hatch w/ Ocean Air Screen / Shade •Cedar Lined Hanging Lockers, Port & Stbd •Air Conditioning w/ Digital SMX II Controls •120v Outlets •12v Lighting •Emerald Green Carpeting •Vinyl Head Liner •Mirrored Forward Bulkhead •Reading Lights •(2) In-Hull Port Lights Port & Stbd •Mini Blinds •Stereo Speakers •Bilge Access Locker •Bed Spread, Pillows & Shames •En-Suite Head
- Master Head
- An very attractive space with cherry cabinets, emerald green Corina counter, tan marble sole and mirrored overhead and cabinets. A spacious stall shower features a curved acrylic door. •Emerald Green Corian Counter •Off White Corian Sink •Raritan Atlantes Electric Flush Head System (Fresh Water) •Delta Chromed Faucet & Soap Dispenser •Tan Marble Sole •Vinyl Wall Covering •Cherry Wood Cabinets Under-Counter w/ Two Storage Lockers •Curved Stall Shower w/Rotating Acrylic Door •Towel Holders •Two Overhead Mirrored Storage Cabinets •Mirrored Overhead •12v Halogen Lighting •120v Outlets •Vent Fan •Opening Port Light •Mini Blind •Trash Receptical
- Starboard Guest Stateroom
- The guest staterooms are located forward in the vessel, underneath the galley/lower helm areas. The staterooms are almost mirror images of one another and feature two single berths, hanging lockers and TVs. Headroom is a bit reduced by virtue of being located beneath the galley/helm area but the cabins offer a very comfortable and cozy space with very good privacy. •Two Twin Berths w/Inner Spring Mattress •Built-In Cherry Wood Night Stand Between Berths •Air Conditioning w/SMX II Digital Controls •Hitachi DSS Satellite Receiver •Large Cedar Lined Hanging Locker •Emerald Green Carpeting •12v Halogen Lighting •Two Chromed Reading Lights •Two Opening Port Lights •Mini Blinds •High Quality Chromed Door Hardware •Two Electrical Access Lockers •120v Outlets •Bilge Access Hatch •Storage Under Outside Berth •Bed Spreads & Pillows •Courtesy Lighting
- Port Guest Stateroom
- The port guest stateroom arrangement is almost identical to the starboard guest stateroom. The only substantive difference is that the port side has two smaller lockers while the starboard side has one large unit. •Two Twin Berths w/Inner Spring Mattress •Built-In Cherry Wood Night Stand Between Berths •Air Conditioning w/SMX II Digital Controls •13" Sony Trinitron TV w/VHS Player •Video Locker •Hitachi DSS Satellite Receiver •Large Cedar Lined Hanging Locker Outboard •Linen Locker Inboard •Emerald Green Carpeting •12v Halogen Lighting
- Walk Through
- The vessel is entered via the cockpit thru a stainless steel framed sliding glass door. Upon entering the salon, you will find a large L-shaped settee with dinette table to port. Opposite on starboard, there are built-in cabinets running down the side of the salon with an entertainment center aft. Moving forward on starboard and up three step, there is a lower helm on starboard and an L-shaped galley on port. Forward and down three steps on center-line you enter the passageway to the stateroom area. The boat has three staterooms with two heads. The master is located in the bow and features a center-line queen berth and an en-suite head with stall shower. The two guest quarters split off the main passageway aft of the master. The guest staterooms are virtual mirror images of one another, each with two single berths, TV and hanging lockers. There is a single guess head, forward of the port guess stateroom, with stall shower.
- Construction Details
- The hull is constructed with a solid fiberglass bottom using E-glass fiberglass cloth, premium-grade gel-coat, modern resins. The hull sides are foam cored for reduced weight, increased strength, outstanding insulation properties and for improved structural integrity . The stringer system is a fiberglass composite system laminated into the hull while the hull is still in mold. The decks and deck house are of molded construction using the same premium gel-coat and resins as the hull and are also foam cored. The hull to deck joint is a "shoe box" design for greater strength. There a five main partial bulkheads. The hull does feature a 3/4 length keel that is approximately 9" deep.
- Manufacturer and Model History
- Neptunus is a Dutch company founded in 1970 and has built their their reputation in Europe with the production of quality yachts from 50' to 80'. In 1989, Neptunus opened their North American production facility in Ontario, Canada to produce product exclusively for the Americas. All Neptunus models built for the US market were made at the Ontario facility. Model History: Neptunus originally introduced this boat in 1993 as the 51 Motor Yacht. After a number of years in production, numerous updates and upgrades were made and the boat became known as the 55 Sedan Motor Yacht. This low volume, almost semi-custom boat (this is hull #19), was available with many different layouts and interior materials; no two boats seem to be exactly the same, which gives each example its identity and personality. The 55 remained in production until the introduction of the 56 Flybridge in the early 2000s. The following is a bit of history on the manufacturer from the Neptunus web site: Neptunus Yachts has a proud tradition of building world leading semi-custom yachts that are rich in style and detail, yet designed for dependability and performance. From its roots as a Dutch builder of motoryachts with a 35-year heritage, Neptunushas grown to be a leading North American manufacturer of yachts from 50 to 80 feet in length. The Neptunus shipyard is located in St. Catharines, Ontario: only 45 minutes from the Buffalo, NY airport. The 72,000-square-foot facility on 7 acres (situated near the Welland Canal and Lake Ontario) is staffed with skilled trades people - many of whom have more than 20 years experience in the yacht building industry. Their skill and commitment are the foundation of each and every vessel that we deliver. Over the years, we have earned a reputation based upon a passion for building a quality vessel for each owner. Neptunus customers are involved in the yacht building process from beginning to end, and our goal is to ensure that each customer feels their new Neptunus motoryacht is truly the best yacht they have ever owned. In fact, many of our customers are now on their second or thirdNeptunus yacht. At Neptunus, our passion for excellence and commitment to continuous improvement in processes and technologies underscores our resolve to exceed the expectations of each and every customer.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.