MOTIVATED SELLER!!! PRICE REDUCTION!! f you know Islanders, then you know how beautifully they sail and how comfortably they cruise. This particular design was introduced in 1970 as a competitive racer/cruiser off-shore design, and remained in production until around 1986, with about 620 hulls built. The Islander 36 is nothing short of classic plastic, and they are in the relatively small category of boats that are still PHRF raced competitively, as well as bluewater capable. Bob Perry described the Islander 36 as "Southern California Gothic" in an old Sailing Magazine review. The interior has a style and richness that is rare. Numerous of them have circumnavigated.
A well maintained example of one of Alan Gurney's famous coastal cruisers. the Islander 36 not only looks good on the water, but she is fun to sail and easy to maintain. She has proven herself to be a classic in her own time. This vessel makes a good liveaboard, weekender or coastal voyager
- Dimensions LOA: 36.08 feet LWL: 28.25 feet Beam: 11.17 feet Displacement: 13450 Ballast: 5450 pound Tankage 2009 Westerbeke diesel 38 hp 200 hours Fuel: 30 gallon Water: 50 gallon Holding: 10 gallon
- Great teak interior folding stowaway table, beautiful cabinetry with ample hanging lockers and storage throughout. Aft of the master stateroom is the head with more storage. Opposite the head is hanging locker and yet more storage drawers. The main salon has port and starboard settees with solid teak bulkhead mounted table. Settees sleep two on port double berth, and single starboard. Outboard of settees is yet more storage. Aft is the nav station and roomy quarterberth.
- L shaped galley is user-friendly with 2 burner stove and oven, stainless steel sink with foot pump, large top-loading icebox with for refrigeration, cupboards with shelves , 3 utensil drawers,
- Sails & Rigging
- Full batten mainsail with stack-pac lazy jack system 135% roller furling Genoa with sun cover Cockpit winches Wheel steering
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.